• Tweets

• And yes, they state their client is EON and that they can return the debt to EON who can either register a default or take me to court. 
    • Thank you. The npower debt was from 2019/2020 until EON took over the account late 2021.   npower had set a DCA on me even though I owed them nothing. I spoke to a customer service agent, following up by email, who confirmed I was in credit . I made a complaint to head office who sent a barrage of emails, changing the amounts each time. According to them, I owed £279.   The debt grew to what it is now as first npower and then EON subsequently failed to put a payment arrangement and direct debit in place to pay off this supposed sum and my ongoing bills.   I was very ill with Covid, struggling in lockdown with a disabled child and informed them of all this.   EON stopped their legal action when I took them to the ombudsman as this was part of my complaint and requested remedy but I have not received a notice of discontinuance.    I would like to set up my own dd to pay them off but am concerned they could still take legal action. I am on a low income and can’t afford to pay them more than a token amount each month.   
    • Thank you guys! @lookinforinfo thank you for the case, it seem to similar with my case which is gold. @Nicky Boy shouldn't be ICO?   Personal data breaches: a guide ICO.ORG.UK   For CAG I found this  The Confidentiality Advisory Group (CAG) is an independent body which provides expert advice on the use of confidential patient information. This includes providing advice to us, the Health Research Authority (HRA) for research uses. It also provides advice to the Secretary of State for Health for non-research uses.
    • HB - yes I agree it is about their paperwork and advice.  I need to be clear in my head what my complaint is.  And what a result looks like for me? (They should never have placed me with the shark with whom I've had all sorts of issues - but I don't think that's my complaint focus -v-  broker) 
    • HB - all sorts of issues have been in court; the main one re repo remains in court, no resolution.  They all stem really from bad advice by broker.  Indeed, but if the Ombudsman is prepared to accept the complaint, it would be about the advice given by the broker and their paperwork, wouldn't it? You seem to be asserting that the problems you've had stem from their bad advice. HB
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Can i still open a bank account in UK

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3066 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I WAS STUPID AND IN LOVE, LOOKING BACK NOW I FELT USED AND FOOLISH! I AM A HARD -WORKING PERSON ALWAYS WORK HARD FOR MY MONEY. I WORKED AS AN AGENCIES WORKER, WORK 55-66 HOURS A WEEK IN ORDER TO TAKE CARE OF MY 4 KIDS.

IT ALL STARTED WHEN I TOLD MY EX THAT AM PAYING TOO MUCH TAX BECAUSE OF THE HOURS I WORK.

HE WAS REALLY KIND AND ADVISE ME TO GO LIMITED MEANING BECOME SELF EMPLOY. NEVER THOUGT IT WAS POSSIBLE BUT HE HELP ME WITH THE REGISTRATION OF THE COMPANY, ASK ME TO OPEN A BUSINESS ACCOUNT AND EVEN ARRANGE AN ACCOUNTANT FOR ME TO HELP ME WITH MY TAX RETURN WHEN NEEDED. WAS REALLY HELP AND PLEASED WITH HIM FOR HELPING ME.

SO AS PLANNED I WENT TO BARCLAY BANK AND OPEN A BUSINESS ACCOUNT WITHOUT NO PROBLEM CAUSE MY CREDIT REPORT WAS GOOD AT THAT TIME WHEN I CHECK MY REPORT I WAS SCORING 759 AT EXPERIAN.

I TOLD MY EX THAT I HAVE OPEN A BUSINESS ACCOUNT WITH BARCLAY HE WAS REALLY HAPPY FOR ME AND ADVISE ME TO OPEN ANOTHER BUSINESS ACCOUNT WITH OTHER BANK FOR JUST BACK UP IN CASE IF ANYTHING HAPPEN, I THOUGHT IT WAS A GOOD IDEAL, SO I WENT TO TSB BANK AND OPEN A BUSINESS ACCOUNT.

THIS WAS IN JUNE, SO IN JULY I STARTED WITH AS SELF EMPLOY GAVE MY BARCLAY BUS.ACCOUNT TO ALL THE AGENCIES I WENT FOR. WAGES WAS BEEN PAID INTO THE ACCOUNT. IN AUGUST I WENT WITH THE KIDS TP SPAIN FOR OUR SUMMER HOLIDAY.

WHILE IN SPAIN MY EX RANG AND NEEDED A BIG FAVOUR FROM ME, HIS FRIEND IS HAVING ISSUES WITH HIS BUS.ACCOUNT AND NEEDED A BUSINESS ACCOUNT FOR HIS BUSINESS TRANSACTION FROM ABROAD AND TOLD HIM I AM IN SPAIN CANT BE OF ANY HELP ESPECIALLY WHEN I AM NOT IN ENGLAND.

HE SAID OKAY AND WE SHOULD TALK ABOUT IT WHEN I COME BACK. 2 DAYS LATER HE RANG AGAIN TELLING ME THAT I DONT HAVE TO BE IN ENGLAND TO HELP HIS FRIEND I COULD GIVE HIM MY BUS.ACCOUNT DETAILS AND THAT THEY WILL SORT IT OUT BEFORE I COME BACK. I FELT SOMETHING WASNT RIGHT ABOUT THE HIS REQUEST BUT HE BEEN SO KIND AND HELPFUL TO ME THE PAST MONTHS AND I WENTED OUR TO GET BACK FOR THE KIDS THAT I WAS WILLING TO GIVE AND PLEASED HIM.

SO I GAVE HIM EVERY FROM MY ACC. TO MY ONLINE BANKING DETAILS. HE WAS HAPPY I HELPT HIS FRIEND AND WILL LET ME KNOW IF ALL WENT WELL. FEW HOURS LATER HE RANG AGAIN TO ASK FOR THE TSB BANK DETAILS INCASE THE BARCLAY WASNT GOING THROW SO I GAVE HIM ALL MY TSB BUS.ACCOUNT DETAILS. AFTER 5 DAYS I RING TO ASK IF HE COULD CALL THE KIDS BECAUSE THEY WANT TELL HIM ABOUT THE TRIP TO AQUALAND, BUT I COUNDT GET HOLD OF HIM.

BACK TO ENGLAND I WANT TO CHECK MY ACCOUNT TO SEE IF MY WORK HAS PAID MY LAST SHIFTS BEFORE I LEFT FOR HOLIDAY, I COUNDT LOG IN TO MY ACCOUNT AND I RANG BARCLAY TO ASK WHY I CANNOT ACESS MY ONLINE BANKING I WAS TOLD MY ACCOUNT HAS GONE THROUH REVIEW AND THEY CLOSED MY ACCOUNT I WAS SHOCK!! HOW DO I GET MY FUNDS THAT WAS IN THE ACCOUNT WHICH WAS ABOUT 850£ I WAS TOLD RING THE FREUD TEAM AND THEY WILL SEND ME LETTER REGARDING THE FUNDS IN MY ACCOUNT.

SO I RANG MY EX IMMIDATELY AND HE SAID THAT HIS FRIEND BUSINESS PANTER HAS INDEED PAID 52,000£ into my barclay account and that they transfer 9500£ into my TSB BUS.ACC AND THAN TO A DIFFERENT ACCOUNT. SO I CHECK MY TSB ACCOUNT AND WAS TRUE THEY INDEED TRAFER 9500 INTO THE ACCOUNT AND TRANSFER TO A DIFFERENT ACCOUNT AND THE 500£ HAS BEEN GONE TO FREUD RECOVERING TEAM.

WHEN I RANG TSB I WAS TOLD THEY CANNT TELL ME ANYTHING ABOUT THE FREUD TEAM AND MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN CLOSED. MY EX ASKED ME TO RING BARCLAY AND ASK THEY ABOUT THE REMAINING 40,000 SO I DID AND WAS TOLD TO PROVIDE A PROOF WHERE THE MONEY WAS COMING FROM. MY EX GAVE ME A PAY SLIP FROM ONE MONEY GXOTEX AND SAID THAT THE MONEY IS COING FROM A GOOD SOURCE AND I SHOULD NOT WORRY THAT THINGS WILL BE FINE!

SO I SEND THE PROOF TO BARCLAY. TILL DATE I HAVE NOT RECEIVE NOR HEAR ANYTHING FROM BARCLAY. MY NIGHTMARE STARTED WHEN I RECEIVE A LETTER FROM LLOYD BANK THAT MY PERSONAL ACCOUNT HAS BEEN CLOSED SAME WITH MY SAVING ACCOUNT FROM HALIFAX BANK. I HAVE TRIED TO CONTACT THIS BANKS FOR EXPLANATION WHY MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN CLOSED THE ONLY REASON I HAVE BEEN GIVING IS GONE THROUGH REVIEW AND THEY DECIDED TO CLOSED IT.

WORST OFF ALL I HAVE TRIED TO OPEN A CASH ACCOUNT WITH SATANDER, BANK OF SCOTLAND AND NATWEST, THEY ACCEPT ME APPLICATION AND SEND ME VISA CARD AND PIN BUT AFTER WEEKS AND DAYS GOT A LETTER SAYING MY ACCOUNT HAS GONE REVIEW AND HAS BEEN CLOSED.

I MEAN WHY OPENING A BANK ACCOUNT AND WEEKS LATER I CLOSED IT. MY EX STILL BELIEVE THAT THE TRANSACTION THEY MADE INTO MY ACCOUNT IS NOT THE REASON WHY ALL THIS IS HAPPEN. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO. I EVEN OPEN A CASHPLUS BUSINESS AND PERSONAL ACCOUNT IN SEPTEMBER AND RECEIVED A LETTER MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN REVIEW AND I DIDNT MEANT THE TERM AND CONDITION SO THEY CLOSED THE ACCOUNT. WHEN I RECEIVED THIS LATER ON SATURDAY I ALMOST COMMITTED SUICIDAL.

THE ONLY REASON I DIDNT IS THAT MY KIDS WERE ALL ROUND ME AND I RANG MY MUM TO COME TAKE THE KIDS OUT, BUT LOOKING BACK I AM SO HAPPY SHE DIDT COME CAUSE I WOULD HAVE NOT BEEN HERE TO WRITE THIS LONG MESSAGE!

I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO HAVE ASKED AND CHECK MY CREDIT REPORT AND NOTTING IS SHOW ON MY CR. NO CIFAS, NO CRIMINAL RECORD THE ONLY THING I NOTICE IS THAT MY CREDIT SCORE HAS GONE DOWN TO 346.

PLAESE I NEED HELP!! WHAT CAN I DO?

Edited by BankFodder
edit

Hi aif and Welcome to CAG

I have moved your post to the relevant forum were it should receive a better response.I'm not sure why you are typing in Capitals or not paragraphing your post but it would be far better received if you could edit to make more comfortable reading for our users.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Okay... So your issues is that you have had your accounts closed due to Fraud. But you say that your Cash accounts are being closed with each individual bank due to "Some Reason"?

Right lets see here, Why not file formal complaints high up the chain. Was there actually any fraud involved?

Have you tried a COOP Cashminder account?

Barclays - Doesnt Have Exec At This Moment.

[email protected] - Head Of Retail Banking

[email protected] - Compliance Exec

TSB

[email protected] - MD of TSB

Finally, send off for your credit reports with each agency - £2 a pop and 28 days later, itll tell you any CIFAS Warnings.

Equifax Ltd

Credit File Advice Centre

P.O. Box 10036

Leicester

LE3 4FS

0800 321 4043

Callcredit Plc

Consumer Services Team

PO Box 491

Leeds

LS3 1WZ

0870 060 1414

Experian Ltd

Customer Support Centre

PO Box 8000

Nottingham

NG80 7WF

0844 481 8000

It is a slow process to resolve but in the mean time, if you really need an account, try a credit union or you can try one of the other account providers - Acorn Account - Thing Banking... Etc

But they charge a fee, but itll keep you on your toes for now and help you out.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

since my ex agreed that they paid some money into my account! yes i believed it was freud! i have try every single high street bank with no success, even a pre paid cashplus closed the account i open with them last month! i am really at my lowest i have ever been and i am giving up on life and human!

i have received several letter from different bank saying the same that my account has gone through review and has been closed. i have contacted most of them, and they can't give any reason than my account has been review.

Hi

While you await advice for your situation please remember that this is not a issue that cannot be resolved.

IF you are having the thoughts you say you are having, please look at your children and then go and see your GP. IT is vital that you tell someone how you are feeling.

Failing that you can also speak to the samaritans via this link for more info http://www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-help-you?gclid=CKb306HZ4sgCFQjgGwodMzEIaw

We here can help you with the banking issue, but it is vital for you and your family that you get professional help to look after your mental health.

Regards

SS

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Unhelpful irrelevant posts removed....help and assistance is required on this thread......if nothing to assist...please do not post.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi

While you await advice for your situation please remember that this is not a issue that cannot be resolved.

IF you are having the thoughts you say you are having, please look at your children and then go and see your GP. IT is vital that you tell someone how you are feeling.

Failing that you can also speak to the samaritans via this link for more info http://www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-help-you?gclid=CKb306HZ4sgCFQjgGwodMzEIaw

We here can help you with the banking issue, but it is vital for you and your family that you get professional help to look after your mental health.

Regards

SS

I forgot to add about the health effects. Of course it will take a strain. And SS has good advice here.

Your mental health is most important...!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Thanks for ur help! i have just updated my experian account yesterday and really nothing is showing on it! like i said no CIFAS, nor criminal record! i even contacted experian yesterday to ask if they could explain to me what on my credit report. and he guy i spoke just said my credit score has gone down and i should try to improve it.

This is why you need to ditch the paying services and do £2 Stat Reports. Either way we are here to help.

Your next stop is Noddle (Callcredit) Its free... And Equifax.

Find out if anything has been registered there and going back to previous removed posts... The banks see this as typical behavior for Money Laundering. This is why they keep closing your accounts.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

This is why you need to ditch the paying services and do £2 Stat Reports. Either way we are here to help.

Your next stop is Noddle (Callcredit) Its free... And Equifax.

Find out if anything has been registered there and going back to previous removed posts... The banks see this as typical behavior for Money Laundering. This is why they keep closing your accounts.

Thanks!

i have also registered with Noddle and get an updated yesterday still nothing is show or reported, TBS AND SANTANDER HAS reported that they closed my account. that all.

They wont. Stick to my advise above...

please can you tell me more on how i should file a complain as you said. please i am willing to do anything in getting my life back before its to late.

I would also add, while it wont tell you why the accounts were closed EG; Usually "Business Reason", Why not send a SAR request?

This right, commonly referred to as subject access, is created by section 7 of the Data Protection Act. It is most often used by individuals who want to see a copy of the information an organisation holds about them. However, the right of access goes further than this, and an individual who makes a written request and pays a fee is entitled to be:

told whether any personal data is being processed;

given a description of the personal data, the reasons it is being processed, and whether it will be given to any other organisations or people;

given a copy of the information comprising the data; and given details of the source of the data (where this is available).

Send a letter from our library and a £10 postal order... Youll uncover a LOT! Notes, transactions... the lot! :)

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

I would also add, while it wont tell you why the accounts were closed EG; Usually "Business Reason", Why not send a SAR request?

Send a letter from our library and a £10 postal order... Youll uncover a LOT! Notes, transactions... the lot! :)

Thanks! please kindly enlighten me on how to send the letter from the library. i have clink on the link but can seen to understand what to do.

Thanks! please kindly enlighten me on how to send the letter from the library. i have clink on the link but can seen to understand what to do.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387306-Full-Subject-Access-Request-**Updated-January-2015**

From the link above, either copy and paste or download the PDF file and enter your details - print and send. You will need to include a £10.00 postal order and do at the very least obtain a free proof of posting when mailing the request. The company/bank have 40 calendar days in which to respond.

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387306-Full-Subject-Access-Request-**Updated-January-2015**

From the link above, either copy and paste or download the PDF file and enter your details - print and send. You will need to include a £10.00 postal order and do at the very least obtain a free proof of posting when mailing the request. The company/bank have 40 calendar days in which to respond.

Hopefully we have alleviated your fears and youll beable to get yourself back on your feet :)

Please keep us posted...

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis