A warning not to use the Financial Ombudsman Service

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3079 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am upset and angry that the Financial Ombudsman Service clearly has no regard for vulnerable consumers using their service.

I would like to warn people DO NOT use the Financial Ombudsman Service.

My first complaint was against my bank Halifax, lending me money I could not afford to pay back, breaching parts of the lending code, and that they had leant to me whilst breaching their own lending criteria.

FOS sided with Halifax saying they did nothing wrong, even though I'm nearly £14 in debt.

My second complaint was against Debt Free Direct.

I had complained that they had used my DLA as income, the FOS said they had to.

They still insisted I was getting £962 per month, this is not correct as it was £888 per month.

Said Debt Free Direct had done nothing wrong, no surprise there.

I moaned about the fact I had paid in "2790 and they had only paid £158 to my creditors, they said they couldn't.

I am sat here in tears, the FOS are an utter bloody disgrace who do not help the consumer.

]I would warn people do not use them at any cost.

Totally flabbergasted!!

This is why you so often see on cag to take banks etc to court. Send SARS and claim charges.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

They are as much use as a chocolate teapot employing staff with no experience in the financial sector, minimal training and pressurising staff to clear cases as quickly as possible. You could ask for it to be reviewed higher up the food chain.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

No point in going to the independent assessor, they are just as bad as the adjudicators.

I stopped paying my IVA over a year ago out of the £2790 I paid into the IVA only £158 has been paid towards my debts.

Seems about right for nominee fees, usually around the £2k mark + 15-20% of realisations

If you entered into an IVA and it failed because you declined to service at the agreed rate then it seems highly unlikely the FOS would find in your favour