Seems to favour the banks

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3070 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My complaint sat with FOS for 2 years. The issue was false accounting by barclays who failed to credit my mortgage with several thousand pounds in overpayments. Adjudicator was inept and useless. Failed to understand facts and simply relayed whatever barclays told him back to me- eventually it went to an ombudswoman who also failed to get her head around things.

Barclays consistently refused to provide answers and she got worn down so simply told me the bank had corrected my account and then closed the case.

I had no idea how [edited] this organisation is so i believed her. Once the case was closed, it emerged there were NO corrections made and FOS refuses to revisit the case "because it is closed".

i got the case files under a subject access request and it shows how month after month they email barclays and the bank simply failed to respond - FOS has no power to do anything.

Filed a complaint with the "iNDEpendent Assessor" who sits in the same building as FOS and really is part of FOS, appointed by FOS. But first she fobbed me off 3 times. Now tells me they don't investigate incompetence, just admin failures. OK!

Meanwhile my account remains incorrect 2.5 years on and there is nothing i can do about it.

Barclays says "it was dealt with by FOS" and refuses to discuss it.

In short - all these establishment organisations are as [edited] as each other, they collude and cover for each other. I should have known better. It is no wonder these banks behave the way they do - they are untouchable and they know it and there is not a thing you can do about it, little consumer.

Edited by honeybee13
Accusations removed.

FOS are useless. Ignore documentary evidence provided by the consumer and believe everything financial institution says even though they provide no evidence or audit trail.

Can't you bring a fresh complaint rather than reopen the old one? If you've got evidence of the over payments and incorrect statements, what about a claim via small claims? How much are we talking about?

Hi

It is not really in dispute - as I have audio recordings of barclays conceding the account remains incorrect 2.5 years on. This individual, whom i believe to be misleading (personal opinion based on evidence gathered) then made numerous contractual agreements with me, but then misled me repeatedly that he had implemented these when he had not. It's the fact they have a staff engaging in misconduct but you cannot report it that gets to me. He is in the complaints dept. So if i complain about his misconduct - it ends up on his desk! He already informed me he is dealing with another of my complaints. Anyhow I am now looking in to handing my evidential pack over to their anti corruption unit- although it has taken forever to actually establish that they have one!

I don't want to go via small claims as the fact is, barclays will have expensive barristers to throw at me and they will know all the tactics and legal games to play. Meanwhile - i still cannot make overpayments. That is my priority, i just want a competent manager to deal with the misconduct and correct my account, but apparently that is impossible.

I actually tried to post separate threads about this but they keep getting merged.

Edited by citizenB
Pejorative term removed.

I took my complaint to the FOS about my bank Halifax lending me money I cannot pay back.

I heavily quoted parts of the lending code which the FOS ignored, quoted that Halifax had breached it own lending criteria, again FOS ignored.

The FOS had ignored the fact that I was in financial difficulty bearing in mind I was in an IVA had missed payments on the loan etc etc.

They sided with Halifax saying they did nothing wrong even though I am in debt to the tune of nearly £15K.

It is just a pity that there is nowhere to turn to to voice the fact the FOS are a complete shambles!!

People suffering financial hardship become desperate and over extend themselves again. That's why there's guidelines in the Lending Code etcetera about irresponsible lending.

that's why I replied as I can comment from a bad experience with a certain bank, in which I nearly lost everything.

I think the only way you will get resolution now it has been considered by the FOS is via the courts.

In a small claims case of £10k or under your exposure to the defendants costs would be minimal unless you litigated unreasonably and wasted court time and costs. The nature of these capped costs mean that they may not be as tough a nut to crack as you think they are, especially if you have the evidence you say you do.

People here can help with the process.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

• 2 weeks later...
People suffering financial hardship become desperate and over extend themselves again. That's why there's guidelines in the Lending Code etcetera about irresponsible lending.

I heavily quoted certain parts of the Lending Code that Halifax had breached and yet the Ombudsman ignored the evidence I had submitted. I even went to lengths of contacting the Lending Standards Board about these issues, I never got a satisfactory response back either.

I dont see the point of having a Lending Code if banks breach it and complaints of breaching it are ignored.

I am just very angry my bank threw money at me left right and centre, putting me into debt, and then refusing to accept responsibility that they had lent money to someone who is unable to repay it.

Halifax are an appalling bank to say the least!!

you borrowed the money yet you were not in a position to repay it??????

So what? Is this not the standard in the banking industry?

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"