Law on Radio 5 Live

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3084 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Raising the Bar, with criminal barrister Rob Rinder, starts on Sunday 18 October on Radio 5 Live at 9.00 pm.We are promised "high profile barristers and judges".The series aims to show how the law really works in practice.http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06j0v6t

we already have Judge Rinder

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

obiter, on my understanding Raising the Bar will be a serious, non-fictional programme along the lines of Radio Four's Law in Action. The programme is going to try to dispel popular beliefs about the law such as are found on TV programmes. Top judges will feature. They are surely not going to appear in anything substandard!

But it's on Radio 5 Live, so not accessible to anyone without DAB radio.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

brassnecked, Radio 5 Live is not DAB only. I don't have DAB but listened to the programme last night. Several top barristers chatted about their work, with Rinder putting to them the sort of questions often asked by the general public. In addition to asking the perennial favourite "how can a lawyer defend someone he knows is guilty" he put other very searching questions. E.g. a female barrister was asked how she could bear to defend paedophiles when she herself had just become a mother. Her reply was very moving.We also learned about a judge (not named) who got sacked after repeatedly being overturned on appeal. Now we know why LIPs nearly always lose!The series continues next Sunday evening. Meanwhile this first episode can be heard via the BBC website.

But it's on Radio 5 Live, so not accessible to anyone without DAB radio.

You can listen to most radio programmes on BBc i player radio. I listened last night online and the good thing is you can fast forward. Most of it was not that interesting in my opinion.

What i want to know from such programmes is whether the Judges are truly independent or can they face pressures from interested parties. How can barristers represent clients when the decks are stacked against them.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread