Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Default SAR on recently closed Smile Account

Hi, great forum this, hope somebody can advise.

I was planning to move my Smile account and wanted copies of the old statements without paying their extortionate printing fees. A CAGicon SAR template letter seemed just the ticket! Having seen in a forum about accounts being closed by banks following a SAR I thought it best to wait until it I had done the closing as part of an account transfer.

So, account transferred, SAR sent soon after, and my copy of the personal dataicon has finally arrived (maybe late, I will have to check), but no statements! Just secure messages and tax transactions. Surely they keep statement data, for a few months at least? And would that not be part of a SAR? Is there anything to justify challenging them on this?

Cheers

Mike

Default Re: SAR on recently closed Smile Account

Did you specifically request those statements to be included in the SARicon?

Have they had the full 40 days in which to respond?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!
    HOW DO I START A NEW THREAD?

Follows
    Following

Careful with wording.

Askign for statements means they can charge you for each statement!!!!

Ask for "Transaction List" instead

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.
    Follows
    Following

Thank you both for your responses.

They sent their response right on the deadline, so they were on time I suppose.

I used the CAGicon Full Subject access requesticon and if I remember did not feel the need to modify it. (the PDFicon that I saved has been corrupted somehow)

Variation of terminology is always possible so I just left the definition wide open as stated on the template. But if I do chase it then 'Transaction List' may well be the best option.

Any opinions on whether Smile would have kept the transaction data?

Mike

Of course they have it, they havent sent it because then you'd know exactly what theyve been upto all these years.

As advised, ask for a transaction list

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

GEMHL Settled
    Barclaycard Settled
    A & L SETTLED IN FULL
    Spml Reluctantly withdrawn
    Blackhorse pre 31-7-06 Demand removal sent 23 8 06. ICO ordered removal jan 2007....REMOVED
    Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details