Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default THe buying of shares in a SIPP

Good morning , could someone please tell me if shares are bought for me, from money in a SIPP, should the trustees of signed the share form. I have removed my personal details, gut were it states the detail's of trustees is blank.
    Thank you.

Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: THe buying of shares in a SIPP

Hello filrobbo.

I've moved your thread from the media subforums to the main pensions forum, where it should get more views.

HB

I don't know if it's me or not, I can't read that because the print is too small for my tired eyes.

Are the shares showing in your SIPP statement?

HB

Ok thank you honey bee I do have the share certificate, but I was just asking should the share form be signed by the trustees.

who are the trustees if not yourself? It looks as though you bought the shares and they are not held in trust by a nominee, is this correct?

What does your SIPP statement say about the shares please?

HB

The sip is run by Guardian Pension Consultants, I have a copy of the share certificate which states I have 61,443 shares @ 1.00 in a company called KJK Investments but is in liquidation.

Forgot to add, I have my statement to day from the Royal Bank of Scotlandicon that states I have 6p in the sip accout after GPC have taken some of there fee , which is 510 they have withdrawn 294.90, and left 6p.

Quote Originally Posted by filrobbo View Post
    The sip is run by Guardian Pension Consultants, I have a copy of the share certificate which states I have 61,443 shares @ 1.00 in a company called KJK Investments but is in liquidation.
    Not by any chance the same KJK Investments mentioned in this press release: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/c...eration-scheme

If so, I think you may want to take legal advice from a qualified and experienced solicitor with a view to taking action against the trustees.

Yes that's the one, mr tax man sent me a bill for 18.000, its still been investigated, if we have to pay this tax or not.

filrobbo, did someone advise you to buy these shares? I mean a financial adviser or someone like that, in case you have recourse against them.

If you've had a tax bill, did you take cash out of the SIPP?

HB

No I was told about the loan by a fried of a friend, and thought at the time it seed like a good idea.

Hi filrobbo

Sorry but I have had to unapprove you attachment in post#1 could you please ensure any personal identifiable data is removed before re posting

Post Re Approved soz filrobbo was reading two different threads at same time

Follows
    Following

Sheesh! What a complicated web of deceit.

I assume you realise that you are unlikely to get any of your investment back however, it is being said that the tax demands from HMRC are being resisted until the situation becomes clearer.

You have been swindled and your 'friend of a friend' needs a good talking to.

What role did Guardian Pension Consultants Ltd have in this role.

From research, the trustees cannot escape some of the responsibility but for things like this, it is unlikely they could be held fully responsible.

http://www.wealthtime.co.uk/module/content/42

SF, I think if a regulated financial adviser made a written recommendation to buy, they could be held responsible, but maybe there wasn't one from what filrobbo says.

filrobbo, did this money come out of another pension fund?

HB

Quote Originally Posted by honeybee13 View Post
    SF, I think if a regulated financial adviser made a written recommendation to buy, they could be held responsible, but maybe there wasn't one from what filrobbo says.

20/20 hindsight!!

filrobbo, did this money come out of another pension fund?

I suspect it was AND he was under 55 at the time

HB
    These 'schemes' are still ongoing, unregulated firms cashing in on the unwary. The only company that is registered is Guardian pension Consultants.

Yes honeybee it was transferred from a council pension fund.

I had to put my pension into a SIPP and then invest in KJK Investments, so I could get a loan from a company called G-lones , I got a loan of 32,000, they then took off the interest for the 1 st year, I was told if I defaulted on the repayments of the loan, the pension when come to the end of its term, would be used to pay back the loan and interest , I would then receive what was left.

Sounds good, but seems I was taken for a ride, but still no debts and I still have a roof over my head, if I didn't get the loan my house would of been repossessed.

I have asked for a signed agreement that says, that I authorised a adminicon fee to be deducted from my account. But still nothing back yet.

I'm sorry to say that I dont think HMRC will be sympathetic to your case as they will believe that you knew that you were knowingly taking part in a tax avoidance scheme. These have been reported often enough in the financail papers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast