Query over NiP

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3121 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys. A friend just asked me to pop a question you guys here. He has recieved a NiP for exceeding the speed limit at around 10.30pm on 26/09/2015

Now he freely admits he was driving and will take whatever punishment it results in. What he wants to know is how far over the limit he was as the NiP is a bit weird.

It states that he was speeding but here's the weird part. It says he was caught exceeding speed limit, but underneath just says 35 mph. It doesnt say thats how fast he was going, or if thats how much over the limit he was. It simply says along the lines of :

The vehicle was caught exceeding the speed limit

35mph

at 22:32:13 at 26/09/2015

Then the road name. speed limit there is 30 mph. it doesnt give a full description, just the general road name, but there are no fixed cameras in that area.

What he wants to know is if that number is the speed he was doing, or the speed he was over by, as the wording is vague.

If its the latter of the two, then he will likely need to start looking for another job, as it would mean a lot of points on his licence, and also the possibility o

I've never even seen a NiP before, so i thought it best i come and ask here.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I'd say he was caught doing 35 but not seen one either. If he was doing 65 in a 30 mph zone surely he'd remember. Doesn't it give options for a course or fine and how many points? That would give a clue.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I did ask about the 65 in a 30, and he said he was on his way home after doing a late shift and honestly cannot remember. To his credit, he is willing to accept the punishment, even if it does cost him his job and a holiday next year. I was thinking that it is only 35 in a 30, but he is panicking over it, so i came here to check for him. He's never been in trouble for driving in almost 20 years, so if it is the former, then at least i can tell him that he will likely be offered a speeding course and wont have to worry about his job or his holiday.

All the NiP says is that he has to supply details to the address on the NiP, and they will forward detailed information upon receipt.

I'm also thinking that he got caught by a van, as ive checked down the road it states and cannot see a fixed camera.

The location is A5104 Main Road - Mold Road, Broughton, Flintshire.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

That's what he needs to do then. I daresay others will be able to advise better.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Yep. He's filled in the NiP ready to send off on monday. he just wants to know what it means. I've had a check around with him online, and various sites say they put the absolute bare minimum info needed to comply with the law, due to paperwork reasons.

Just puzzling they couldn't add a few words extra so it reads " Vehicle was doing xx in an xx zone"

As far as I'm aware he has/had an unblemished record. I'll tell him to get the nip replied to. They really do need to put more info on it though, instead of getting people to admit first them provide any info later