Contravention code 27 parked adjacent to dropped footway - advice please!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2385 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi There, I was wondering if anyone could help me...! I recieved a PCN in cardiff last week under the contravention code of 27 - parked adjacent to a dropped footway. I was parked on a residential road at the end of the road to which there was a dropped footway on the corner of the road but I wasn't blocking the whole footway I would say half, plus it wasn't to provide access to anyone's house as it was a dropped footway on a pedestrian pavement. Another thing is that the officer observed me at 16:38 and then issued me the ticket at 16:38 is there any timeframe thye have to follow before they issue a ticket? What also really bugs me is that no one else seemed to have ticket who had done the same thing apart from me! Any advice would be much appreciated !! Thanks

not an expert but here are some observations.

1. Dropped kerb is a dropped kerb, doesn't matter if residential access or not. (Unless it was residential and the owner has given you permission)

2. Other people not getting a ticket is irrelevant

3. A 5 minute observation time should be made.

4. If you were loading/unloading or picking up or putting down passengers you would have an appeal

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

You were unlucky, but can't really argue it. A lot of motorists don't realise the risk they take when the block (or half-block) a drop kerb. I disagree with SabreSheep about points 3 and 4. I don't think there is an observation period or loading exemption for drop kerbs. You simply can't stop there as you'd prevent someone in a wheelchair for instance, from being able to cross.

I disagree with SabreSheep about points 3 and 4. I don't think there is an observation period or loading exemption for drop kerbs. You simply can't stop there as you'd prevent someone in a wheelchair for instance, from being able to cross.

CODE: 27

Penalty charge level:

Higher

Code description:

Parked in a special enforcement area adjacent to a footway,

cycle track or verge lowered to meet the level of the

carriageway.

Code contravention:

The contravention occurs when a vehicle waits on the

carriageway, adjacent to the footway where the footway,

cycle track or verge has been lowered to meet the level of the

carriageway.

Extra information to be recorded:

• A diagram of the parking position. A photograph is

desirable.

Loading/unloading allowed:

Yes

Observation period:

Yes

Exemptions:

ADEIJKLNOP

Exemptions also include:

• A vehicle that is parked wholly within a designated parking

place or any other part of the carriageway where parking is

specifically authorised

• A vehicle parked outside a residential premises by or with

the consent of the occupier of the premises (but not in the

case of a shared driveway).

Notes:

Enforcements can only take place where the carriageway has

been lowered for the purpose of:

• assisting pedestrians across the carriageway

• assisting cyclists entering and leaving the carriageway

• assisting vehicles entering and leaving the carriageway

http://www.londoncouncils.gov.uk/services/parking-services/parking-and-traffic/parking-information-professionals/civil-enforcement

• 2 years later...

I have today received a code 27 PCN for parking adjacent next to a dropped footway

This does not appear to be a valid code. I was parked next to a chained/locked walled entrance to a small parking area (2 cars ) of private business. This area is never used and is seperate from the main car entrance. The entrance exits directly onto the road/carriageway. There is no footway, pavement or similar at all.

Do I have a valid appeal?

I have also read that the CEO can only issue the PCN if an official complaint/request has been made by the owner of said property and that complete records must be made of the request?

Thanks in advance.

I have today received a code 27 PCN for parking adjacent next to a dropped footway

This does not appear to be a valid code. I was parked next to a chained/locked walled entrance to a small parking area (2 cars ) of private business. This area is never used and is seperate from the main car entrance. The entrance exits directly onto the road/carriageway. There is no footway, pavement or similar at all.

Do I have a valid appeal?

Is there a dropped kerb or not?