Wonga... Should I contact them ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3091 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Wonga... Should I contact them....

Took various loans over 2010/11 All loans were repaid but quickly built up resulting in me been unable to repay the last loan... This was defaulted in May 2011 by Wonga... Balance £1734 this was updated March 2014 balance still the same. This last loan was for £800 the rest would be the interest added over time.....

During the period I was under a DMP with then named cccs. Owing little over 23k to different banks/cc/loans.

Now repaying debts under a self debt management...

Hearing all the news about Wonga I was wondering whether it was worth now contacting Wonga to ask whether this debt was written off or whether the amount is still owed. Contacting them wont make much difference to my credit file as already defaults on the file, although some do drop off shortly under the 6 year limit.

What's peoples thoughts on me contacting Wonga to make enquires on this loan ? Is it worth writing to them to see what's what.......

!2 years Tesco distribution supervisor

7 years Sainsburys Transport Manager

4 Years housing officer ( Lettings )

Partner... 23 Years social services depts

All advice is given through own opition, also by seeking/searching info on behalf of poster, and own personnel dealings.

• 1 month later...

Decided to make contact with Wonga by E mail, after passing few E mails to confirm identity etc just had final E mail stating the following.... You have nothing to pay, We can confirm you do not have any balance outstanding with us....... looked on both my credit reports and both state account closed ad no default is showing ( was showing on report 2011 ), so guess my balance was written off..... well pleased was worth the E mails... one less to worry about....

!2 years Tesco distribution supervisor

7 years Sainsburys Transport Manager

4 Years housing officer ( Lettings )

Partner... 23 Years social services depts

All advice is given through own opition, also by seeking/searching info on behalf of poster, and own personnel dealings.