Alcholol addiction fills the goverments coffers is it not time to allow other sunbstances the same right

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2098 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A recent report claims that the costs of alcohol use to the government in England – including the NHS, police, criminal justice and welfare costs – amount to just under £4 billion a year, while tax revenue from alcohol comes to over £10 billion.

So for all the deaths, misery and ruined lives they still manage to make a 6 billion pound profit on this drug, no wonder its legal, now if the country wants to get back up on its feet here is an idea.

Legalise a far safer and less anti social drug namely cannabis.

Allow people to grow cannabis in their own homes so that can they sell any excess to the pharmaceutical industry, this will spawn a whole new cottage industry in itself which this country desperately needs.

It will have multiple benefits, huge savings on the police bill, it will create thousands of jobs and generate a huge amount of money through taxation, it will also deal a massive blow to the criminal gangs who take advantage of the situation.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My own opinion is that we do not know enough on the long time health impacts of continued cannabis use

Even now the pro-smoking lobby deny any link between ill health and passive smoking, even with overwhelming evidence to the contrary

I agree with freedom of individual choice to do and say what you want, as long as it is not contrary to law

If Cannabis is ever legal it needs to be the pharmaceutical variety, not home grown

"Allow people to grow cannabis in their own homes so that can they sell any excess to the pharmaceutical industry, this will spawn a whole new cottage industry in itself which this country desperately needs."

The inherent problem there is that there are different strains and different potencies

Anything prescribed or used by the pharmaceutical industry will need to be cultivated under strict conditions and overseen. Not so easy if buying from the public.

Edited by citizenB
quote restored

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

There is no difference between commercial grows and home grown albeit they are on a much larger scale, and to achieve food grade cannabis that can be sold for consumption or medicinal purposes is not beyond the capabilities of most growers and would only require a licensing system to ensure quality, much the same way micro breweries are managed.

The huge variety of different strains would ensure diversity within the market allowing small grows to find their own niche without having to compete with the large commercial growers that would inevitably spring up should it become legal.

No one knows for sure the long term dangers of any substance we consume, but it is without question far less dangerous than other legal products we take, but unlike those other products it has massive medicinal benefits from curing cancer to providing pain relief without the worry of overdosing, as a recreational drug no one has ever died from the effects of cannabis, and nor does it require the resources needed to deal with alcohol issues through misuse.

Other countries have adopted this model with success, cannabis is legal in some parts of EU, is not now time we also saw sense.

• 2 weeks later...

There might be light at the end of the tunnel, labours new leader and our countries next prime minister stated:

"We should be adult and grown up and legalise cannabis" of the four labour candidates 3 admitted to smoking cannabis in the past and believe cannabis should be decriminalised.

A motion in the Commons signed by jeremy corbyn declared:

"The cannabis battle in the war against drugs is being lost."

It said cannabis is no more harmful than tobacco or alcohol and should be detached from hard drugs in the public mind because it has 'therapeutic value'.

It added councils should be allowed to hand out licences to cannabis growers and people who wanted to open cannabis cafes like in Amsterdam.

If the labour party is brave enough to make legalisation a policy, pot smokers will give them a huge boost in voting figures along with the new found youth movement that have engaged with labour recently, I could see a brave new England emerging.

Well i am amazed sometimes at the threads that sometimes appear in the Bear Garden but enjoy them.

trebormoinet you seem to know what you are talking about. Put some good points across.

Some would be angry that you suggest such a thing,:mad2: but times are changing.

Walking around town i see many shops selling items needed to smoke or grow Cannabis.You see them in the window.Even in markets.

Never been in one,but maybe i will just for research purposes. :!: But it obvious many people are already growing or buying Cannabis.And smoking or having cakes at home or whatever impregnated with the stuff.

Responsibility for actions taken by people growing it would have to be strict.

Now i am a keen amateur gardener and 20 years ago for my birthday somebody bought me a statue from a car boot. only small with a few seeds in it.

I noticed at the time the eyes of the statue were a little strange but thought nothing of it.

So i planted a seed and slowly on my windowsill leaves started appearing and it became pretty obvious what it was.You can not mistake a cannabis leaf really can you.

However i decided because i really like propagating and growing things could not bring myself to destroy it.To plant it in my greenhouse.It was about 10 inches tall by then.

Well it filled my greenhouse after a few months but i still could still not bring myself to kill it.Gardeners are like that.

So i had a great big run of Rose Arches,called them Wembley Way about 35 feet 10 meters long roughly,they led to a field, so planted it outside by them.

By the time it flowered it was massive,i tell you that.A fine looking plant.Proud of it.Never realised they could grow that big.

But finally i destroyed it because i lived in a middle of a estate and word was getting around.I asked a local expert to look at it.And i think he said it was a male and no good.

Not of course that i would have smoked it.Just enjoy a challenge.

Looking back now perhaps i should not have grown it.And i did get slightly worried when Police Helicopter was hovering around on business close by.As it was so large

I still have problems growing and propagating other plants i should add. I do it then can not part with them.Usually i end up giving stuff away as hard as that is.

Maybe that is self counselling kind of thing.Stop the problem.We all maybe have weaknesses.

As you say your thought would stop the criminal gangs taking advantage as now and raises questions that smuggling would not be worthwhile if allowed.Or dealing because price would surely go through floor.

Or perhaps not,perhaps demand would grow.I do not know really.

And create jobs if so.Cottage industries people working from home perhaps,interesting.

Business idea,superstore selling equipment.Feed for the plants.Greenhouses sales would rise if best place to grow Cannabis.I read somewhere that it grows wild in some places.

No to late for this owl.Tried hundreds of ideas and failed over time.But enjoyed the ride.

Even heard a local man had planted it among hedgerows.Did not find out where and if true.

Sabresheep says prescription Cannabis would be grown under conditions and safer perhaps than home grown.Which i agree on.

However after looking around the THC is high also in that area.

Correct me if i am wrong. First look at things in a little depth.

But if council licences them well checks would be taken.

As the feed etc if you are not clued up could i suppose cause problems but will check that out.As not really sure.

I must admit i did not know the pain relieving and the curing benefits of Cannabis.But will look into that side.

As a entrepreneur would do i would be keeping a eye on this because there is plenty to be made.

On the supply and what you need to grow it at home.If decriminalised.

Just read that in Colorado when decriminalised the market in the first year became worth 700 million dollars.

And seems to have created many jobs.

Ebay seems to be doing well and the prices of lights etc seem high.So pretty obvious already it is happening in many towns and cities.

Cannabis.

Cottage industry,jobs all those thoughts.Interesting

Just took a look at America found a small article that may interest some.And mentions many things including possible medical benefits,many things.People even seem to be vaping it.

I will look deeper into this over the next few weeks,find out more.

A thought provoking thread for many i feel that may get interesting.

Now i am no expert so asked are Cannabis and Marijuana,can hardly spell it the same thing.

Best i came up with was-

People call marijuana "cannabis" synonymously, but just to be technical, Cannabis is the entire plant, whereas marijuana is just the drug form of matured female flowers.

I believe Skunk has three more times THC in it which makes it so strong.

Correct me if i am wrong.Pretty hard getting to grips with it all really.

The American Link.

7 States On the Verge of Marijuana Legalization

Read more: http://www.cheatsheet.com/business/5-states-and-one-city-ready-to-legalize-marijuana.html/?a=viewall#ixzz3lkzJnqb8

What is marijuana? What is cannabis?

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/246392.php

For those that are not to sure about what Cannabis is a link.Please correct me if i am wrong.

http://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/marijuana/what-marijuana

Worrying thought for many.As we have to discuss both sides to this possible debate.

What are marijuana’s effects on general physical health?

http://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/marijuana/what-are-marijuanas-effects-general-physical-health

And of course my main worry as i have been reading this thread.Is.

More Child Poisonings Following Marijuana Legislation, Colorado. But one of the comments does say all children were sent home without any lasting effects.

Not that that to a parent means to much.The stress and worry you can only imagine.

And surprised me that it was Grandparents who were using medical marijuana that were top of the list when this happens.

Seems to be something called THC a active ingredient that effects people.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/261074.php

But of course you could say that about booze.How many drive under the influence.

How many drive under the influence of Cannabis.

A last look tonight in a thread that may have many questions and answers to be asked and talked about.

Does marijuana use affect driving?

http://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/marijuana/does-marijuana-use-affect-driving

How many children are taken into hospital after drinking mum and dads booze.

And what were the lasting effects.I have just looked and seems to myself a massive problem.A link

Nearly 4,000 children hospitalised with alcohol poisoning last year - including 52 aged under 11

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/nearly-4000-children-hospitalised-alcohol-4042260

Last thing as i feel s relative.

What happened when Portugal Decriminalised Drugs.The Cannabis mention begins at 9 mins 10 seconds in, for those short of time.

We want to become the Starbucks of Retail they say.Interesting and thought provoking.

Even have classes on how to roll a Joint.

Good grief they even add it to edibles.Can you believe it.My eyes have been opened.Wide

Taxes went from 0-perhaps to 100 million this year and seemed to nearly wipe out the Black Market.In one State only.

Make your own minds up is all i will add.And tell us.

For anyone out there in Web Land who wants their say perhaps really wanting to say something,feels strongly about the subject,want to let your feelings be known, tell us your experience, whatever you like,and perhaps are not members a link so you can come in and let your thoughts out

Registration page.Only takes a short time to do.And we are a friendly lot.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/register.php

Well the debate is ongoing for sure now lets get busy.Have your say.

I hope i have appeared neutral.

Tawnyowl.

Many thanks tawnyowl for an interesting and open minded response on the topic.

I appreciate you taking the time to research some of the points raised and posting some very useful links

Your entrepreneurial instinct is also shared by Richard Branson who is a high profile vocal supporter to legalise Cannabis with business links to Cannabis farms in countries where it is legal.

There is a lot in the news about high strength Cannabis, but there is 10000s of different strains and each strain has varying degrees of effects, not everyone who drinks alcohol, drinks whisky, people tend to settle on a strain that suits them, be it for the “high” or the therapeutic, medicinal benefits it provides.

For anyone not convinced of the health and therapeutic benefits, maybe the economic benefits night sway the argument to legalise.

"CLEAR has published a report from the Independent Drug Monitoring Unit (IDMU) that shows a tax & regulate policy on cannabis could produce a net benefit to the UK economy of £6.7 billion per annum. This estimate is made from a detailed study of the size of the UK cannabis market, potential tax revenues, criminal justice system savings and additional costs of regulation "

http://clear-uk.org/tax-regulate/

Colorado has noticed a remarkable drop in traffic fatalities since cannabis was legalised in 2012 contradicting the anti drug lobby stance that the roads would be full of drug crazed drivers.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/the-us-state-where-road-fatalities-have-plummeted-since-marijuana-was-legalised-10499069.html

They have also just released figures that also show they collected more in revenue than alcohol, if the UK legalised this wondrous healing plant it would be a big win for the economy and the health of the nation.

Well trebormoinet.

Maybe your thread is creating some interest.

The BBC has just covered the Colorado Cannabis story.

Slight mistake with tax revenue raised.The reporter said Tax raised in one year 700 million.Think he meant total market worth 700 million a year Tax raised 70 million. Apologised after a minute or two and corrected things.

More about tax raised than anything else.Which would perhaps make some politicians ears prick up here.But a start perhaps.

Particularly George Osbornes perhaps.Shall we Tweet him email him.Ha

Hey George see how much tax you could be getting if decriminalising Cannabis.

The story.

Marijuana tax take nearly double expected in Colorado

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-34272291

As for crime after the first year.2014 i think.

It's been a year since Colorado became the first state in the US to legalise marijuana, and its impact on health, crime, employment and other factors can now be more empirically measured.

So, did it bring about an apocalypse leaving the streets strewn with out-of-work addicts as some Republicans feared?

"We found there hasn't been much of a change of anything," a Denver police officer told CBC this week.

"Basically, officers aren't seeing much of a change in how they do police work."

I know for a fact Journalists have a look in this site every now and again so now Colorado has evidence of what has happened maybe this story will soon be appearing on mass in papers here.Nothing gets people going more in Government than money,generating not spending, which could pave the way for what you and many others hope for.

And create jobs,cottage industry,superstores,Product materials,manufacturing and so much more i can hardly think about.

At the moment but will.

One more thought for now.

I have noticed over the last few years where i live a few hotels,houses being raided.

Seems they have had Cannabis Factories in them.And fine crops being grown as well as expensive equipment.

So demand is clearly there but being run by criminal gangs if you like.

Wired up to the Energy Companies, illegally of course,meters bypassed things like that. Which due i believe to the conditions these plants like rather expensive for the people the cost is falling back on which must come back perhaps to the consumer.

Which raises questions of fire risk and gangs roaming your street,town,city during the day and night.

I should think they do this quietly and creep about.Not really a nice thought but must go on.

Also police helicopters flying perhaps over towns and cities scanning the roof tops with their thermal cameras looking for the glow from roofs.

Which uses resources when doing and follow up raids,court costs and jail sentences and gangs fleeing leaving premises unsafe in danger of fire surely.

Must cost a fortune,how do we find out how much this is costing locally town by town city by city.

I have not got a clue.But i bet someone reading this has.Let yourself be known.Tell us.

Also raises questions of cost to landlords as well because i suppose once again the premises are left in a fine old mess.

Many landlords do not live locally so have not a clue what is going on as gangs must look at things closely,area,quietness,who owns the property where they live and probably offer money up front which impresses some landlords i suppose.

Costs everywhere it seems.

Wondered why the town had warmed up a touch and many roofs not having frost on in Winter.Glowing.

When heavy snow fell one house,the garden was still in full flower not a snowflake lying anywhere such was the heat being generated.

A lighter look at things that is all.

Staying on the fence at the moment,undecided.

Waiting for those that oppose bringing their views in.

Indeed tawnyowl, I sincerely hope that the financial incentives generated by those that have legalised cannabis will spur those who would not normally vote to legalise cannabis in this country, £6.5 billion in revenue for the UK is not a small figure.

The cost of sports injuries is far higher to the NHS and Employers, and this negative theory can be applied to anything you want.

The cost of multiple children to the economy, the cost of having more than one car, the cost of these 'surveys, evaluations, whatever' based solely on an opinion formed by a media fuelled frenzy.

Once you start down this path there is no stopping the idiot brigade from stopping any activity you care to name. Bigh Brother is watching you (and yes, I have read the book and understand the quote).

Wired up to the Energy Companies, illegally of course,meters bypassed things like that. Which due i believe to the conditions these plants like rather expensive for the people the cost is falling back on which must come back perhaps to the consumer.

Which raises questions of fire risk

The fire hazard associated with these so called Cannabis factories is as you have eluded is down to the fact they bypass and overload the electrical in order to maximise profits.

A regular home grow set up poses the same risk as any other electrical appliance we have in our homes, it is just a light source, pumps, and water, Fish tanks are far more dangerous if one was worried about electricity and water.

Also modern advances in LED technology have dramatically reduced the heat levels generated by HPS (high pressure sodium) lamps and reduced the cost of running them ten fold.

Well maybe this will interest some.Settle down and see the story unfold.4 years ago nothing now massive growth year on year.Are there any problems take a look.

Marijuana Country: The Cannabis Boom (2015)

Also

Washington – what’s happened one year after cannabis .Maybe read the comments.By Richard Branson. See his opinion on things.

http://www.virgin.com/richard-branson/washington-whats-happened-one-year-after-cannabis-regulation

Now going to find people who oppose such a thing.Both sides have to be heard.Only fair.

Well the first i one i found unbelievable so will decline putting it on.

The second would not let me access it.I will have to see my mobile shop and get adult filter removed.

So here is the third one.

Some suggest Colorado is broke nearly bankrupt so will accept many things.

Maybe other states are broke do you know.

mmm-link

Almost Half Of US States Are Officially Broke

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-05-11/almost-half-us-states-are-officially-broke

Is this what would happen if cannabis was legal in Britain? Suicides, killings and toddlers in hospital with overdoses - TOM LEONARD visits Colorado, where marijuana has just been legalised.Report 2014

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2663064/Is-happen-cannabis-legal-Britain-Suicides-Killings-Toddlers-hospital-overdoses-TOM-LEONARD-visits-Colorado-marijuana-just-legalised.html

Someone said to me today why do people take it if not for medical reasons what is the great need for it.

I am only reporting what is said being neutral remember that.

Is Marijuana addictive,i do not know do you. But will find out.

DrugFacts: Marijuana

http://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/marijuana

Someone said to me today why do people take it if not for medical reasons what is the great need for it.

I am only reporting what is said being neutral remember that.

Is Marijuana addictive,i do not know do you. But will find out.

DrugFacts: Marijuana

http://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/marijuana

Why is there a need to consume alcohol, coffee , chocolate, smoke, they all alter our chemistry and produce pleasing effects.

Unlike alcohol and heroin which are addictive and can result in death if the withdrawal process is not handled carefully , cannabis and those other substances I mention can be, but not necessarily are habit forming which is different to addiction , in so much that you might crave for them which will eventually subside if not available but there is no risk of physical harm from the withdraw.

Without going through every point in the article you posted a link to in the daily mail, the children suffered only mild side-effects, non of them died, suffered long term effects and recovered quickly, it was a accident, like countless other accidents children experience in the home, how many tipsy children get admitted each year or consume what they thought were sweets only to die from overdosing.

Well i like the points you make.But admit i am still confused.

Many say no deaths linked to Cannabis some as this next article say oh yes there is.Who do we believe.

Cannabis 'kills 30,000 a year

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-179264/Cannabis-kills-30-000-year.html

Then i suppose you or many others could come back and say how many deaths occur from drinking,smoking and many other things.

It would go on and on i suppose.

Others say States in America are desperate for revenue.

But then you would be saying they care more about Tax raised than peoples health.

So many thoughts out there.So much confusion.

I think i have made for and against thoughts i hope you agree. And been fair.Now i will wait and see what other posts arrive.Personally i am undecided at this moment in time.

And am no expert in this field by any means.After only a few hours looking around.

And will be decided by the wise ones after friendly debate,arguments to i suppose, will be interesting when it really gets going.

If the sheer amount of possible revenue raised is anything to do with things it surely will be not to far in the future.

A interesting thread that i will follow carefully and see what happens.

Feeling like a good old joint or two,only joking.

Got a dicky heart and read somewhere no good for weak hearts or was i mistaken. Let me check.

And anyway i go to gym 6 days a week, ok 4 slowed down a touch, so can not be that bad Mr consultant who told me if it hurts stop.Fair enough.

Link

http://health.clevelandclinic.org/2014/06/does-marijuana-hurt-your-heart-doctors-urge-caution/

Who is right who is wrong.I would really like to know the answer.

Because another report i just read said THC -- marijuana's key chemical -- helps the arteries.

It takes a very specific amount of THC -- marijuana's key chemical -- to help the arteries. That dose is too low to produce mood-altering effects in the brain, according to the new study.

"It would be difficult to achieve such specific concentrations in the blood by smoking marijuana,"

Report back in 2005

Bet you are thinking.

“The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.”

Or who said this,can you believe it.

“When I was a kid, I inhaled frequently. That was the point.”

—Barack Obama

Bye for now

Tawnyowl.

The thing is you can be predisposed to having a mental health problem if you take the weed. The trouble is you don't know if you're going to be that person.

It's also possible it's not legalised as it would divert the money made from hemp, I suppose secondary industries would not be good for business.

Hi Determinator.

Just been looking around.See what this Hemp business is.Interesting.Marijuana plants have many uses.

The marijuana plant has many uses apart from drug use. A distinct variety of the Cannabis sativa plant, known as hemp, can be grown to maximize the fibers in the stalk of the plant or to maximize seed production.

Upon legalization farmers will most likely buy certified seed since the THC (stuff that gets you high) content of the seeds will concern regulators. Keeping good control of the seeds will be a vital part of maintaining a respectable hemp industry. As the hemp industry begins to flourish seed breeders will find out what works best and farmers should expect to see higher yields of both hemp fiber and seed.

The first hemp crops that will be grown in the United States will most likely be imported from Canada where the most common strands are Alyssa, Anka, CRS-1, CFX-1, CFX-2, Delores and Finola. According to the Canadian Hemp Trade Alliance there are no pesticides registered with hemp and can flourish chemical free. Canada and other countries that grow hemp pride themselves on using no to minimal agrochemicals since many of hemp consumers are also members of environmental movements and organic/buy local movements.

Farmers in Great Britain are struggling so food for thought as so many jobs seem possible.And time for farmers to have a little joy in their lives.

Like to see the supermarkets try to squeeze them if this ever gets the green light.

Farmers i believe only 4-5 and a half months from seed to harvest.

So if you are interested apply for your licence,get in there be one of the few.Before things really take off.Fancy a gamble.

Get your licence here.Touch dear for my small garden but will carry on digging it over using the trench digging method.Damn hard work.

How did i find such a thing ,just looking before you did.Just in case old Tawny could plant in garden.Before all you lot out there beat me to it.

Licence

Quick overview.Then check the link out and get the tractor ready.And giz uz a job.

Overview

You need a licence from the Home Office to grow hemp in the UK.

You must apply using the online application form on the Home Office Drugs Licensing website. You must register with the Home Office and submit the MD 29 application form electronically.

You must provide your contact details and:

field location numbers, names or grid references

hectarage details

farm map with a marked growing area

seed type, THC content and confirmation of whether this is a European Union approved seed

You must pay a fee with your application. New licences usually cost £580, with licence renewals costing £326.

Hemp growing licence

https://www.gov.uk/hemp-growing-licence

Also,just putting my spade down for a moment,been turning over grass ready for crop.Police helicopter hovering close by so time for a break.

Visions of Tawnyowls superstore selling all equipment needed for growing at home.

Now visions of Wholesale seed supplier to farms all over the UK plus fertiliser and all other equipment needed.

Plus due to extra labour needed a supplier of labour as well. Jackpot happiness for all.

From Bentley to Benefits now vision of back to Bentley again.

Seen your post below do not worry about the crop taking over quicker it takes over the better.

Besides i will have another business controlling the stuff.Crop Control business at Reasonable rates.

We will buy all crops and have a monopoly,just like the water companies, turn it into many products open as wholesale supplier to retail trade.

We will be a Employer have matching Bentleys.

Fancy coming into partnership Sillygirl1

Trebormoinet as CEO

A couple of links.

What is Hemp.

http://www.livescience.com/24552-what-is-hemp.html

How Much Do Farmers Make Growing Hemp?

http://www.hempstrong.com/blog/2014/5/20/how-much-do-farmers-make-growing-hemp

A legal hemp industry would add a brand new crop for farmers, creating thousands of new farming jobs," Peterson said. "There would also be added jobs related to processing, transporting and selling the products. Aside from the economic advantages of a legal hemp industry, we as a society would have less of an impact on the environment too, as hemp could be used for a new sustainable alternative to plastics and papers."

Things are changing. Bills supporting local industrial hemp in several states have aimed to undercut restrictions on farming. For example, in 2014, President Obama signed a U.S. Farm Bill that included a provision to remove federal barriers to hemp production and define the differences between marijuana and industrial hemp, according to Global News Wire. As of 2015, federal laws allow universities and state departments of agriculture to grow or cultivate industrial hemp under certain conditions, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures (NCSL).

Just putting a few Medical thoughts about Marijuana.

Marijuana May Help Stop The Spread Of HIV — But We Probably Can’t Test The Theory

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2014/02/18/3302911/marijuana-hiv-research/

Interesting that in America-

After 17 months, Dr. Suzanne Sisley is about to get the marijuana she needs to start a federally approved clinical study into whether marijuana helps veterans with PTSD. Link

http://www.azcentral.com/story/opinion/op-ed/lindavaldez/2015/09/02/marijuana-study--ptsd--vets/71619990/

Tualatin family uses marijuana strain, "Charlotte's Web" to help with daughter's epilepsy

http://www.kptv.com/story/29938761/tualatin-family-uses-marijuana-strain-charlottes-web-to-help-with-daughters-epilepsy#.VecpHwD4oM8.twitter

Study: Active Ingredient In Marijuana Effective In Treatment Of Alzheimer’s

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2014/12/04/study-active-ingredient-in-marijuana-effective-in-treatment-of-alzheimers

There is a conspiracy theory that the cotton industry particularly the chemical industry has interests in cannabis remaining illegal.

Hemp as a textile is far more robust than cotton and lasts significantly longer than its cotton counterpart but as a manufacturer this means loss of sales on replacements.

The chemical industry has a huge turnover producing pesticides for the cotton industry which would would be wiped out overnight if hemp were legal as it has natural pest resistant qualities.

It seems to me the time is right to push for the legalisation of this plant, I have consumed cannabis in all its different forms for over 35 years I consider myself far more healthier than my peers who are 20 a day tobacco smokers and or regular drinkers, I have lost 5 friends over the years due to drink related deaths, there is no solid evidence at all that cannabis itself has caused a single death

My own conspiracy theory is that the powers that be do not want to legalise cannabis because it makes people think, unlike alcohol which makes people forget.

If the new labour leader stands by his convictions and does not falter on his views about cannabis he will gain in my opinion 2 million voters extra voters.

During the Labour Leadership battle Cannabis was debated.

One surprising topic of debate was the legalisation of cannabis, which Burnham, Cooper and Kendall said they could consider decriminalising. Corbyn, however, went one further, saying "we should be adult and grown up and decriminalise cannabis."

Something else has just caught my attention.Have your say.

A epetition signed by 125,000 people in four days then i believe 200,000

That is a strong reaction.We will have to look into closely.

Despite petition, government has no plans to legalise cannabis

Legalisation would ‘send the wrong message’, it says, the large number of signatories means MPs must consider a parliamentary debate

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/aug/25/despite-petition-government-has-no-plans-to-legalise-cannabis

8 Th September 2015 Papers carrying story of Debate on 12th October 2015 a day when the House of Commons returns from recess.

MPs to debate cannabis legalisation after petition reaches 200,000 signatures

Paul Flynn, Labour MP for Newport West, to lead debate on 12 October, though campaigners not hopeful that law will be changed as a result.

But maybe now Jeremy Corbyn is Labour leader maybe the Campaigners are feeling a little more optimistic about things.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/sep/09/mps-debate-cannabis-legalisation-petition-signatures

So the 12th October should be interesting.Maybe it will be live.If so live feed here.Probably by radio i will check.

Bit more info on the time the Debate gets going.Put it in your diary.Maybe email your Local MP ask how they feel about the subject.

Sometimes if you feel strongly about a subject a good thing to do.

If you do and they reply tell us what they say.

How to get in contact.

MPs have public contact details so their constituents can get in touch. In most cases you can write, phone, fax or email. MPs will generally only act on behalf of their constituents, so please check you are contacting the MP who represents your constituency.

Contacting your MP

http://www.parliament.uk/get-involved/contact-your-mp/contacting-your-mp/

Parliamentary business for Monday 12 October 2015. Seems it will be beginning at 4-30 pm and ending at 7-30 pm but i suppose if they are roused enough and things get heated perhaps it could go on longer.It is to myself anyway a important subject.Involving huge amounts of money,thoughts of the black market,medical thoughts, jobs that could be created,Tax Revenue which i am sure will make some politicians ears prick up.So many things to Debate in 3 hours.Maybe they will have to hold further debate and get their best researchers on the job,but i hope this has already been done.But may take time.

http://services.parliament.uk/calendar/#!/calendar/Commons/WestminsterHall/2015/10/12/events.html

Got to go into another room in the CAG now just remembered a post i was going to make.Sat 19/9/ 2015 8-34am

Bye for now

Tawnyowl.

“It’s a war of attrition. The strength of our case is inarguable, our arguments are irrefutable and they are being acted on and proven throughout the world. No matter how reticent and reactionary the UK government are we will grind them down,”

Note how even in the company of this wonderful plant people cannot help but smile !!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3249115/Amazed-police-FOREST-cannabis-size-football-pitch-plants-towering-officers-growing-south-London.html

"Rarely does an enormous, totally virgin industry emerge with guaranteed demand, where startups are better placed to capitalise than big corporates. Beyond the ethical debate around legislation of cannabis, it’s this tantalising commercial prospect that’s getting a growing number of people excitedly sizing up opportunities and making business plans in anticipation of a change in law."

Roll Britannia.

If a moderator/admin spots this and it can be accomplished or appropriate, is it possible to rename this thread to "The Legalise Cannabis thread" and move it to the campaign section ?

Oh my wasted years. I lived on a legalised hemp farm in a land down under. When the crop was harvested, the air was filled with the pungent aroma. Have you ever smelled it as it is burnt, because the excess and it cannot be marketed. My son and his mates would use the stuff for spears when they played games, amazingly none of them smoked it and we didn't either, guess when you are brought up with it and think that it used for rope making you really don't think about it.

I had a dear friend in the States and she would get her son to buy it and she would bake into Brownies. They were yummy. Sadly when she died her recipe went with her. She lived in California and did have failing eyesight she said it helped her to see better.

My brother used to keep some seeds in his pantry/ My daughter was staying with him, found the seeds and decided to add them to stew she was cooking. The report was it was very tasty, everyone enjoyed the meal, but my brother was bereft, there went his summer crop, he used to grow it in his garden.

My father grew the stuff legally, my brother grew it illegally, What Dad grew was not medical grade but the stuff had much the same effect. I never remember the crop being harvested by thieves, maybe when I was younger we lived in a more gentler time. I do know Dad had offers from some people who had other ideas. He always said No. The Drug Squad would come up and burn the excess in situ to destroy it. In later years after the farm was sold for housing, I know many people had strange looking very large plants growing the gardens.

Now I know where I went wrong. To think I could have become a Drug Baroness.....geeez.....It would never have crossed my father's mind to sell it for any other purpose, other than rope and fibre making.

It has me thinking about the poppies that my Nanna grew on my grandparent's farm. These used to get harvested when the heads were full of seeds. Light bulb moment....

It has me thinking about the poppies that my Nanna grew on my grandparent's farm. These used to get harvested when the heads were full of seeds. Light bulb moment....

Sounds like you come from a long line of drug producers lol, seriously though interesting story, obviously your father was growing commercial grade hemp with a low THC so there is no demand really for it amongst those that like the spiritual effects, hence your brothers wise decision to grow his own.

"Water, water, every where,. Nor any drop to drink" is a quote that springs to mind if I found myself living there, although in times of drought I would sip from that sea of green, without the fear of going mad and eventually dying.

If cannabis were legalised, I am sure you would have inherited your fathers green fingers and picked up some tips along the way, you never know you could end up being a drug baron after all......unless your against it being legalised of course.