NatWest/RBS SAR letter - delaying tactics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4200 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On the 1st October I sent a SAR to RBS, listing account numbers, etc. Today (19th) a reply arrived, enclosing the original £10 cheque.

In it it says::

"It appears that your request may be in connection with PPI and, rather than complete a full Subject Access Request on all of your current and historic banking with us, we are able to provide you with summary loan and PPI details."

It goes on to provide partial information on PPI.

It also invites me to send the cheque back along with further details of the information required if the request isn't about PPI.

I really am at a loss to know which part of 'Subject Access Request' they are choosing not to understand. Needless to say, the cheque is going back with a letter that says, 'All information you hold'. It will also remind them that they are now 20+ days into the 40 days the law gives them to fulfill the SAR.

Perhaps anyone sending a SAR to RBS (or NatWest) should make it clear that the enquiry isn't just about PPI.

I know this shouldn't be necessary but it may forestall some of these time-wasting or avoidance tactics.

Resend the SAR to the Data Controller and in block caps state that you require ALL date that they hold on any accounts you hold with them.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

the natwest/rbs are getting dreadful at fulfilling sar requests and i am having to keep on badgering them to get my info....the complaints team are weeks behind and are an absolute waste of time...and most of the addresses have changed for contacting them have changed..my natwest telford letterds are all being sent to birmingham now and the contact details page for natwest could do with updating..any chance brig?

"ALWAYS QUOTE ME AS BEING MISQUOTED" :D