Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    Mitch177uk Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jul 2011

Default Asking for house value? why?

Hello,

I have an unsecured loan (Lombard) from 1997

due to major debts around that time arranged 10/month token payment.

I borrowed 5k and have repaid 2500 so far.

I offrered 3000 in 2007 when I sold my house and had a small balance to clear and they refused
    - they say the total of the loan with interest was 7500.

I now have Arden contact me and on the income and expenditure form have asked for property value/mortgageicon outstanding etc.

Does anybody know why they ask, my loan was unsecured?

thx

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2006

Default Re: Asking for house value? why?

DO NOT give them any pers financial details

only a judge can demand that

TBH: if this is for a loan in 1997 this looking like a cash cow exercise

can you tell us a wee bit more of the history
    inc interest etc etc

not got PPIicon too have you + unlawful charges to reclaim?

have you the org agreement still?

dx

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    Click Here To Make A Donation
    If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if necessary
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Royalties Account Holder cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert's Avatar

Cagger since : May 2007

You do not have to provide that information nor fill in the I&E form. They may be going to try and secure the debt via a Charging Order tho' either voluntarily on your part or via a CCJ.

Was there any PPIicon on this loan and have there been any unfair charges added which you can reclaim?

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    Mitch177uk Novitiate

Thanks dx and cerberus for your prompt replies.

I didnt take PPIicon and if Im honest I was in a lot of financial trouble back then.

I have been paying an agreed 10/m to various agencies over the last 6 or so years such as Wescot and now Ardern.

Even though my situation has greatly improved I felt miffed when Lombard (via Wescot) didnt accept my lump sum offer
    even though I explained i would be 91 by the time it was repaid.

Arderns most recent letter on the 27th June states I must reply in 7 days and that a fee may be charged on my account
    if they have to write or call again regarding outstanding payments which is why I was about to complete the I&E form.

What happens if i refuse to fill in and what sort of charges arise if i dont/ thanks

Royalties Account Holder cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert's Avatar

Moved to the debt collectionicon forum.

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Follows
    Following

Personally I would send a SARicon to the original creditor to see if you can reclaim any charges and to verify that the agreement is enforceable.

Follows
    Following

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

yep something smells here.

dx

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    Mitch177uk Novitiate

Thanks dx- not sure what you mean by something smells
    - it is a question on the Arden I&E statement namely what is my house worth and outstanding mortgageicon.
    It also asks me for any other assets I may have.

I am sure that in all these years the interest was frozen for which I am very grateful
    - I originally dealt with a Debt Counselling service who arranged the 10 fee.

I know I have the responsibility (legal and moral) to pay the debt however the "house value" question worries me and now also my wife.

I can pay more to clear it quicker but feel angry Lombard refused my offer 4 years ago and I dont want to show my greater income.

what would a SARicon achieve since it is Arden who have 'bought' the debt?

thanks again

Royalties Account Holder ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21's Avatar

Cagger since : Feb 2011

Hi mitch

I wouldn't be sending a DCAicon my I&E..as previously advised this is an unsecured loan and they have no right to your personal information.

They cannot charge you of they have to write again (or if they do you won't be paying it).

A SARicon to the original creditor will give you, amongst other things, a full transation history and information to enable you to establish the exact status of the account prior to being passed on. From this it will be possible to establish an claim you may have for unlawful charges which can be claimed back.

Be aware that the dca may be fleecing you so you would be wise to find out exactly what is going on and whether the figures are correct.

Regards

ims

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here
    2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here
    3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here
    4. The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here
    5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here
    6. Staying Calm About Debt Read Here
    7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement? Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Follows
    Following

your CRAicon file should show that

what i mean by something smells is the age of this deb

my guess is that from the history of fleecers your list

lombard wrote this off against tax years ago and the payments you have been making have just lined the pockets of the fleecers.

DCAicon's HAVE NO LEGAL POWERS

so please dont let them call the shots

its your money - you decide where it goes NOT THEM.

dx

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    Mitch177uk Novitiate

Thanks ims , your knowledge re the charges is a great relief to hear. I am still not sure why you think they may be 'fleecing' me , dx says it smells fishy or am I missing the blindingly obvious - dont they just want me to pay up? or is it something else?

Basic Account Holder
    Mitch177uk Novitiate

sorry dx missed your post- understood now thanks ims and dx v much - i will try and get some sleep now. From reading other posts the advice you guys and the site gives is outstanding!!

If your a/c has been sold to a debt collectoricon they cannot add charges or interest unless it was expressly stipulated in your original agreement. DCAs are well known for trying to squeeze every last cent from a debtor whether they are entitled or not.

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    Mitch177uk Novitiate

Default Arden and Lombard

Having had a threatening letter re solicitors I had to ring Arden last night (I know I know!). Your site gave me valuable info before I rang so I wouldnt be 'bullied'.

I took a loan out with Lombard about 12 years ago and consolidated it (twice I think),
    I remember I may have taken PPIicon on the first or 2nd loan
    but due to promotion to management I ws paid for sick leave and think the last loan was without.

She said the debt was sold to Ardern in November 2011 and I should have had a letter from both parties which I never received only 1 in 2010 saying Ardern were 'managing' the account.

she will send ne a copy of the CCA for free in the post and I should address the SARicon request and the 10 to Ardern Complaints Department and not Lombard-
    she was ultra inquisitive as to what excatly I needed the SAR for and pressed me hard.

She went on to say that if it was to check the PPI on the first loan I would only get info back regarding the 'final loan' and it wouldnt show the 'original' loan deatils.

Any ideas as to why she was so interested in my SAR request and is she correct about only the final consolidation loan details being held?

also should Lombard get the SAR request.

I currently owe 4900 paying back 10/ m although they refused an offer of 3000 to settle about 4 years ago. Any help would be appreciated

Royalties Account Holder BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative

Cagger since : Aug 2010

Default Re: Arden and Lombard

Hi I would ignore her instruction to send a SARicon to their
    complaints department you are not making a complaint
    and Arden will only have data from when the aquired the
    account and not right from the start.
    You should send the SAR to The Data Controller at Lombard
    by recorded delivery.

get that SARicon off and get reclaiming

dx

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    Mitch177uk Novitiate

That is what I thought, Thank you both

Basic Account Holder
    Mitch177uk Novitiate

One last question now I have my 10 postal order.. the SARicon template states "Account/Ref number", as my final loan included two previous consolidated loans will Lombard send me everything from day 1 including my first ever loan even if I only have the Ref number of my final loan?

Royalties Account Holder BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative

Cagger since : Aug 2010

The Request should state ALL data on ALL accounts
    consolidated or not.

Basic Account Holder
    Mitch177uk Novitiate

Latest Update:
    SARicon Request sent to Lombard

however I was getting concerned I had not received copy of CCA in the post as promised by Arden.

I have today received a statement from a company called Idem Servicing of my last 12 months payments (nominal 10/m). Balance now 4969.66.

Anybody got a clue what has happened here?
    have Arden sold the debt on.?

Was my request for CCA and SAR not to their liking?

PS Idem are based in Solihull, coincidentally so were Arden and also Lombard

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details