Missing transfer..

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3206 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey all, just really confused about something. 2 days ago I called the telephone banking team to setup a new payee due to not having my card reader to do it myself. I transferred just short of 140 quid to my partners account. The details and such were read back to me and were correct so the transfer went ahead. However, somehow there has been a problem and the money has been sent to an old halifax account of mine (which was on my payee list, but was not where I asked the money to go)

RBS said if the account was closed the money would automatically bounce back

Halifax claim to have not received anything but confirmed my account with them is indeed closed.

RBS then gave me the payment reference number and said that as it was sent via faster payments, they can see that it has been accepted at halifaxs end as 'accepted with conditions'

Halifax claim to still not know anything about it despite RBS saying they accepted it? They also claim they cannot trace a payment with the reference number..

RBS has offered to cover the losses as they can see that something went wrong at their end resulting in the payment being sent to the wrong account. However, where has the money actually gone? RBS said if its been accepted but the account is closed, then it must be in a holding account...however I checked in branch with halifax who again claim nothing is there and no payment was ever sent?!

So confused. I am not at a loss financially as RBS has covered the mistake from their own pockets, but they also said if I can somehow find the payment, I can keep it...and tbh I would rather it was in my pocket than Halifaxs (who closed my account randomly..so I dont like them much at the min anyway :sad:)