DCA want income and outgoings. No right?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6374 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have made an offer for a payment plan to a DCA. They want my income and outgoings. My understanding is I don't have to give that to them.

They have alreday threatened court action (for a debt they don't own) and to pass my details to a debt investigation agency (they don't have my permission to pass my data on).

I want to make it clear I know my rights so advice on the income/outgoing would be appreciated. Thanks!

As you have now offered a payment you have aknowledged the debt.

It often helps to include an I&E but their is no legal requirement.

"I am under no legal obligation to provide you with documentary proof, however this will be made available to any court should they be required.

I am well aware of my rights in this matter and will not be subjected to bullying, threats or underhanded methods. I would remind you that the offer made to you is with the help and guidance of the CCCS, and is on a pro rata basis as used by the county courts. My finances are being reviewed on a regular basis and the pro rata payments are subject to change.

I am unable to provide copies of the documents you may require as these amounts are paid into my bank, and I do not have the facility or finance to copy any documents. The originals, will however, be made availble to any court should they be required. "

Hope this helps.

Regards....Turnaround

They have alreday threatened court action (for a debt they don't own) and to pass my details to a debt investigation agency (they don't have my permission to pass my data on).

If they are the DCA - what in heavens name is a debt investigation agency - you've admitted the debt so umm what are they investigating actually?

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Thanks. This is what I thought. The way I see it is if they don't like the payment I offered they can get the original creditor to initiate court proceedings. I don't have any more money so it makes little difference to me.

I'm not with CCCS or anyone but I think I will go and have a word with CAB. I sent my first cheque with payment plan which they cashed practically instantly and I think if I stick to the plan I suggested it will at least show the court I am trying to pay the debt off.

gizmo, I have no idea what the 'Investigation Agency' was. They just listed 3 things which were obviously supposed to scare me.

1) court action - I said you don't own the debt so you can't.

2) send someone round - I said so?

3) investigation agency - try passing on details and you will be chatting to the information commissioner.

I owe the money I will pay the money but don't treat me like a monkey :rolleyes: