Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Default Re: HP Mum v BC reclaiming penalties and Compound Int't **WON** (probably)

Hi Mum,

From experience here, I assume you have reached an acceptable settlement with BC but you're tied by confidentialityicon so can't confirm the existence or terms of a settlement agreement.

Unless you say anything to the contrary, I'll change your thread title to reflect your "probable" win with compound interest.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !
    Follows
    Following

Default Re: HP Mum v BC reclaiming penalties and Compound Int't **WON** (probably)

Thanks Tedney & Slick. Wishing everyone a similarly Happy New Year...

hello

Just a quick question: during the year long legal process of making a claim against barc for reclaim of penalty charges and CI barc continued to add penalty charges to my card if ever I over-stepped the payment date by a day or two. There weren't many times this happened. But these charges have added up, not by much, but they have added up. Should I write to barc again and remind them that they shouldn't be adding 12 charges to my account and could they please refund them??
    Is it possible that barc can kind of accept that they shouldn't/must not add late payment charges to customer's accounts and yet if the customer retains a card that barc still continue to add the same disputed charges every month....
    Be interested to hear feedback on this

Hi Mum,

I would certainly claim back any further penalty fees added to the a/c that weren't included in the earlier claim.

Tell them you have reclaimed the fees in court action before and will do so again unless they refund the charges but, if they refund the charges without court action, you will not seek any interest from them.

As regards your query, your earlier court action will NOT alter the imposition of penalty charges if you fail to pay on time what is due.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !
    Follows
    Following

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10