Creation Store Card reclaim late fees

HP Mum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2800 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks Andy

Do I understand this correctly: the court expects parties to agree the bundle contents pre-trial - so I can email cfs now - and tell them that I do not accept the extra judgment in my bundle?? and I copy the email to the court?

Or do I send a separate email advising the court that the defendant is attempting to pressure me into including evidence into my bundle that will support their defence, that I don't accept (inadmissible)

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Andy

Do I understand this correctly: the court expects parties to agree the bundle contents pre-trial - so I can email cfs now - and tell them that I do not accept the extra judgment in my bundle?? and I copy the email to the court? Yes and tell them why

Or do I send a separate email advising the court that the defendant is attempting to pressure me into including evidence into my bundle that will support their defence, that I don't accept (inadmissible)

No point..you can raise the above when you present your case

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Great Thanks so much for your help

Have emailed the Sols and forwarded to the court too.

Wonder if they may now suggest settling????

Just one business day left before they incur travel and legal costs...

when my claim is tiny....

Definitely trying to bully me. lets see...

i am a little nervous about the hearing

I have not done this before.

Is there a simple way to prepare?

I do intend tomorrow to read over all the cases I included in my trial bundle. But I am still not sure I understand the 2 key issues about how I can claim they are illegal penalty charges and why I can claim back 10y I did understand but so many months have passed and I have other things n my head now

I will try and simplify the argument if i can, hopefully if i miss anything, others will jump in.

You are claiming the payment of the charges is a mistake of law or a mistake of fact, therefore they are recoverable plus interest in restitution, as per Kleinwort benson. http://swarb.co.uk/kleinwort-benson-ltd-v-lincoln-city-council-etc-hl-29-jul-1998/

You are entitled to compound interest as per the case of sempra at the rate that the defendant re lends the money at, to prevent unjust enrichment and to restore the balance https://www.slaughterandmay.com/media/1428828/sempra_metals_a_simple_solution_to_compund_interest.pdf

The Limitation Act 1980 affords you the opportunity to claim back payments made by mistake by virtue of s32 (1)© It states that the period of limitation does not begin to run until you discovered the mistake http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1980/58

I may not have worded it 100% correctly but this is the basis of the legalities of why you are claiming them back.

Refer back to your PoC which refer to the above

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Martin2006 thanks for these links as they are very useful for something I am working on..

MM

It seems that ParkEye is superceding any other defence. What should I do?

Late evidence is admissable in small claims

So I have no time to assess and argue

Can someone advise on Parkeye / Beavis please. Case hearing coming up and need to be prepared....

How does one argue against this case? Is it relevant or can one still argue KB?

have you a thread on your PE issue?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

sorry getting confused I thought you had a parking eye case running on a parking ticket

ignore me. then

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Well yes its all over the private parking forum

But I can't see the relevance to penalty charges

In what was are they referring to it?

and they

I think they're using the Beavis v Parking Eye case ruling as precedent that a penalty does NOT have to reflect the actual costs caused to one party by the transgression of the other.

:-(

We could do with some help from you

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

I have also posted this to your other thread mum

My understanding mum is that in Beavis, the "penalty" charge of £85 is put there as a deterent, to stop people overstaying and thus taking up a parking space for a whole day instaed of the maximum 2 hours.

Perfectly understandable where parking spaces are limited in a shopping center for example, however, that does not resonate with a bank or card charge so imo is irrelevant.

i mean it makes no difference about how long you breach for with a bank/card charge, 1 minute and its £12. 14 days and its still £12.

When the OFT produced the 2006 guidelines, "Calculating fair default charges in credit card contracts" the following is stated:

5.3 As a practical measure, to help discourage a swift change in market practice, we are setting a simple monetary threshold for intervention by us on default charges. The threshold is £12

5.5 We regard the setting of the threshold as a provisional practice measure to move the market toward compliance. We should make it quite clear that we are not inviting banks to align their charges at such a threshold figure. We are not proposing that default fees should be equivalent to the threshold and a court will certainly not consider that a default fee is fair just because it is below the threshold

It isnt about how we use beavis in our favour, its about how we argue that its irrelevant to your case.

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

• dx100uk changed the title to Creation Store Card reclaim late fees