Grattan debt assigned to Lowell***Resolved Default Markers removed***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2943 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've heard back from Grattan who admitted that the defaults had not been registered in a timely manner. They also said that the accounts had been placed on hold but they did not know why, this is why there was a delay in registering them.

They said that they were going to register the defaults with the credit reference agency at the date they should have been.

I had two accounts and one had defaulted the other has shown a perfect payment history on my credit file and never showed a default. They are now wanting to show 2 defaults which is not correct. I have asked them for documentation that shows that the accounts were defaulted.

My response to them is that there is obviously a problem with their administration and that they are unable to honestly say or demonstrate that the accounts are defaulted on the and the actual dates that they have reported. They appear to be making it up as they go.

I'm probably clutching at straws but I've told them to remove the defaults as they are not a truthful reflection or account of our financial relationship or I will complain to the ICO.

Am I living in dreamland?

Absolutely not, how long have you given them to rectify the problem?

Longer than 8 weeks?

If so, send them an LBA giving them a further 7/14 days (your choice, but specify working or calendar days) before you will seek legal advice with

a view to taking legal action against them to rectify your data and claim compensation for defamation. (four figures ££££)

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 1 month later...

Okay, Grattan's got back to me and said that they would not remove the defaults and were only prepared to correct the dates as they should have been registered on an earlier date.

This is their final response.

I have complained to the ICO but not heard anything back yet.

Yesterday, Lowells wrote denying any wrong doing but said that when they purchased the accounts Grattan removed the defaults to allow Lowell to report in their name.

They said that they've asked Grattan for the CCA etc but had no reply so now they are handing the accounts back to Grattan and removing the defaults. This is good but can Grattan now be even more dificult and reinstate the defaults in their own name again?

Bearing in mind that there was only ever one default and another account which showed as closed on my credit reference files.

If they are not chasing the debt can they still legally report on it?

doubt it

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If they are not chasing the debt can they still legally report on it?

Yes because the default exists and must be reported for a period of 6 years pursuant to the ICO guidelines.If its over 6 years old then it should not now be showing.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 5 months later...

Excellent DMB, can you clarify how and why they did that?

Was it ICO ordered or did they just remove them?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

I complained to Grattan initially who didn't want to know apart from admitting to a clerical error and recording the wrong date of default.

I then complained to Lowell and threatened them with the ICO.

They sent me this:

"Having reviewed our records, it appears our attempts to return the above accounts to Grattan PLC have been rejected and this has resulted in a delay in removing the defaults from your credit file. I can confirm we have now closed both the above accounts on our system and I have arranged for the defaults to be removed within the next 5 days. I apologise for any inconvenience this delay may have caused."

Thanks again for the help.

Well done DMB

Thread title amended to reflect the outcome.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

No compensation offered, thank them but remind them of the distress their actions have caused and the efforts YOU have had to make to correct THEIR mistakes.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.