PiP and understanding descriptors

kAPPS
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3225 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

A few day's ago i had my first home assessment with the change over from my old DLA, i have anxiety problems and not able to go out socially with my agoraphobia and i also suffer from painful joints with my arthritis.

My home assessment was at 10 am the Assessor turned up 10 mins early a woman, she seemed ok at first but as the assessment went on she became quite abrupt and over voiced her opinion over mine which was very annoying? I had a friend with me noting down some of the assessors questions and the way she was trying to see if i was getting stressed with the questions being asked.

The next question was about getting around has i have agoraphobia it's obvious that i have difficulties going out or even using public transport, my mental health will not allow me to use public transport reliably. This is because there are specific features about public transport that will trigger my mental health symptoms causing severe distress anxiety, panic attacks, somatic symptoms . As a result I specifically avoid using public transport.

But again she over voiced her opinion that in my form i had said i can only travel in a car for emergencies only? usually in my friends car.

I was under the impression that anybody who couldn't use public transport reliably as above should not be considered as being able to make an unfamiliar journey, this would mean they satisfied descriptor 11d and not just 11 b?

But what would this also mean if i could get to the doctors ok which was a familiar route and not far from my home, but again i would need the help from my friend to take me i found these descriptors very confusing?

Can anyone explain more about these descriptors, thank you

Hi there

This link to Disbility Rights UK is quite a handy one for PIP

Free factsheet that talks through the whole pip process including descriptors

http://www.disabilityrightsuk.org/personal-independence-payment-pip

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.