PCN Notice Winwick Street Carpark, Warrington **Cancelled**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3233 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello im new here, just joined for some advice from anybody who would be kind enough to help me. I received a PCN last week for not displaying a valid ticket on my dash board, the ticket is in my possession still, it must have slid off the dash board, The tickets from the machines aren't adhesive just little squares of paper with a date on. I appealed to the company ES Parking enforcement who like i imagined rejected my claim and i was advised to either PAY or APPEAL to the IAS. could anybody be so kind as to give me some advice on what to do next. I paid and displayed correctly when i left the station, what happened after that to my vehicle sureley i cant be held responsible for it. If i was in an incorrect bay or blocking an entrance i wouldn't even bother appealing but i paid and displayed correctly. If it slid off through wind or somebody nudging my car that's totally beyond my control. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.

Hi and welcome to CAG. Sorry you were missed.

ES Parking eh! just another toothless private company who exists purely on the lack of knowledge of the general public.

This is not a fine but an invitation to pay. I don't know enough on the IAS system except they are stricter than POPLA but even if you lost that appeal, ES would have to initiate court action to get you to pay and there is no guarantee they would win.

I suggest you go through the appeals process as IAS do allow some cases but hold on to get more help from the regulars.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thank you for the reply its appreciated. So in order for debt recovery agents to come to me collecting monies, i have to go to court first.... like when you see these cowboy builders on TV? they take the builder to court, the court awards them x amount of money, the builders stilldont pay. is that when the bailiff comes in? thank you again

ES Parking can instruct a debt collector to chase you but they have even less power than ES to do anything.

IF it went to court and IF you lost the case and IF you didn't pay the judgement, then and ONLY then could a bailiff be instructed, never before.

If you did go to court and lost, you would still get 28 days to pay the judgement to ensure that no CCJ was recorded on your credit file.

Have a good read around this forum to see just how much power they have. I have been doing some checks and I cannot see any cases where ES Parking have taken court action ( doesn't mean they haven't, just that I can't find any)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

If thery write again tell them that you paid the prescribed fee and you displaid the ticket so no material brach of contract has occurred and that if the ticket was not visible to their muppet then no loss has been caused in any case so no damages are payable.

RE APPEAL TO THE IAS.

MY APPEAL:

I paid and displayed correctly in complete good faith. When i returned to my vehicle the car park ticket was on the floor in the passenger side foot well. I have the ticket that i purchased on the day. The tickets from the parking machine have no adhesive on them, i don't know what else i could have done to ensure that the ticket stayed on the dashboard. Most car parks ive used in the past have a peel back sticker to affix to the windscreen, These do not. Just a small 7cm x 6cm piece of paper. If the ticket had an adhesive side i wouldn't be appealing this process because it would be wholly my fault. But in this case i do believe that it categorically is not, and that i did everything in my power to ensure it was on the dashboard, clearly displayed.To my knowledge i paid and displayed, and when i left my vehicle the car park ticket was clearly visible on the dashboard. What happened to my vehicle after that i have no control of what so ever.

The IAS OUTCOME:

Dear Chris,

Thank you for your appeal. Due to further information ES Parking Enforcement Ltd has confirmed they will no longer be pursuing the matter and the parking charge has been cancelled.

Parking Charge Number (PCN): 004011005

Vehicle Registration: Blank

Date Issued: 04/06/2015

VICTORY. thanks guys

No apology, no explanation, just the standard token response when they realise that PPC's are as much use

as indicators on a submarine!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!