Erudio and final FOS decision - now drydens PAP Letter

plong979
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1118 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

stop hitting reply with quote

no need

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 months later...

Update.

Had a text off my old flat mate and Erudio have sent a letter to my old address saying my loans will now be "managed" by Allied International Credit. So from crapquest to allied. It's not like they don't know my current address as it's been that for over 2 years and erudio have recently sent me the annual statement.

Also I’ve just been promoted in work and will shortly be now earning just above the threshold. I’m just wondering what my options are with regards to paying it back.

Wait till May as I should be technically deferred or start now? (and pay who, Erudio, crapquest or Allied)

If I start now should I write to erudio asking for my payment schedule and bank details so I can do it via standing order and not DD? I have got their details in previous correspondence but it might have changed since then.

I'll be keeping track of payments myself to make sure I don’t overpay.

Seems like you know what you are doing more than the companies managing the loan debts. Given the communication and deferment issues, i would just stick to what you should be doing. So if you earn more than the threshold follow the loan requirements that SLC originally required.

Reading your thread, you have followed the FOS complaint route. I am just wondering why you did not go down the Data Protection complaint route, involving the ICO if necessary. If you are being asked for data forms different to SLC, what the legal basis is for this and also the processing/usage of data by the new debt owner.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

no don't go blindly paying.

allied are capquest are erudio are arrows

did you action post 90

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I'm not going to be paying allied.

Plus erudio sent the allied letter to my old address,

even though they sent my statement to the correct address the month before.

I did action what was suggested in post 90 so I technically am deferred they just didn't accept it or even acknowledge it.

I'm going to be writing to erudio asking for them to confirm details so I can start with payments.

I've got my annual statement off erudio last month and their bank details from previous communication.

i'm just writing to confirm details as I don't want to pay into a wrong account or that.

I have to start paying as I'll be earning over the threshold shortly.

you are deferred till that runs out

THEN you tell them.

please stop panicking because you got a silly letter from the same lot under a different name

they are totally powerless and not bailiffs.

and they

Yeah that’s why I asked if I could wait till May in the earlier post.

I’ll wait till my deferment period next year before contacting.

Thanks for clarifying dx.

I’m not panicking or that, you folks on the board are great with the advice.

or the next letter trying to fleece you.

as long as you copied and go free proof of posting you sent that deferment form then the next move is theirs

and they

• 5 months later...

Hello again. It’s advice time but first I’m going to post my “plan” else you won’t know what advice to give! :)

I’m moving house shortly so I will be writing to erudio to inform them of my change of address, I will state in the letter it’s recorded so they will be aware I have evidence if they try and pull the “didn’t inform us card”. They updated my address last time I moved so I’m not too worried about that part.

Secondly, I’m now just over the threshold so I have to start paying these clowns. So I’m also going to send a second letter with my new address asking for payment details as I want to pay via standing order and not direct debit when my deferment ends in May.

However I suspect they won’t write back to me before my deferment end date, as they have failed to send me any deferment forms for 2 years. Plus they have “passed” my loan on themselves via Crapquest and then onto another bottom feeder AIC. I have ignored anything from those 2 DCA as I am technically deferred even if erudio pretend otherwise. The last contact I’ve had from erudio was my annual statement in Sept.

I have got their bank details from a couple of years ago when they threatened me asking for payment when they ignored my deferment evidence. so I could use that information but I don’t want to as, one it may be out of date, and two I want them to provide what I need to pay each month in a nice breakdown like the SLC did.

So what are my options if they fail to make contact with me about payment details?

Not your problem. You supply them with information showing you are ready to enter into payment and it is up to them to organise repayment with you. If they fail to respond, you have copies of correspondence should they or any DCA that takes over ever try to enforce.

If you hear nothing, then everytime your circumstances change e.g payrise, change of address, you just write to update them.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

why do you have to write to them and tell them you are over the threshold?

i'm not sure that's your problem either.

I don't remember seeing anything stating that. but its been a while mind.

and they

The end of my deferment is due shortly (even if they never officially approved it for 3 years running) so I’d have to sent them my evidence (not sign their form but send SLC one). But as I’m over threshold now so I can’t do that.

Admittedly they have failed to send me any deferment info for over 2 years but they could just say they have and I couldn’t prove otherwise and then I would be in breech of t&c and they could demand payment, like they did originally but I ignored as I had evidence I had sent them the required info

are you getting near the 25yrs since loans/50 yrs of age etc cut off threshold?

dx

and they

• 2 weeks later...

So got a reply of Erudio about my change of address and apparently I need to contact AIC.

Only contact with AIC I have had was my old flat mate informing me about a letter they sent to that address even though Erudio had my latest address at the time, and even crapquest used that one and they were “managing” my loan at that time. so Erudio failed to give AIC my correct address.

Any advice or should I just stick to send Erudio a letter requesting payment details?

Sick of dealing with these clowns.

ignore AIC they are a dca and not the owner of the loan

and they

• 2 weeks later...

So I sent off requesting payment details and they have replied once again saying my account is being “managed” by AIC and all queries, correspondence and payments relating to my loans should be directed to them.

So looks like it’s time to for me to sit on my hands and wait for the next chapter.

ignore them

and they

• 5 months later...

It’s that time of year again.

After Erudio refused to send me payment details saying my account was now being managed by AIC their next move was to send me my usual annual statement in September.

The following week they sent me a letter informing me everyone’s favourite solicitor drydenfairfax are now “managing” my account.

Cue this week and drydenfairfax sending me a letter threatening they may start court proceedings if I don’t return their form in 30 days with a breakdown on my monthly salary/spendings so they can arrange payment.

So what are my options?

1. Ignore

2. Send CCA to drydenfairfax and wait.

3. Send back the form selecting the option of disputing the debt saying I sent a letter to Erudio in April requesting payment details.

4. Send back the form with the payment plan I should be paying to Erudio (the SLC terms) if they acknowledged my letter.

5. Other?

pap letter before claim pack with an I&E expenses form?

and they