Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jun 2015

Default RBS charges- extremely out of hand

I wondered if I can seek advice?

Iv had an RBSicon since 2001 and kept it in good order,

however in 2011/2012 I had 1 missed direct debiticon and this is now how the account stands on my credit file

Date of default
    31/10/2012
    Default balance

I wrote to the bank in 2012 and also wrote to Financial Ombudsmanicon but I only ever received 1 letter back from the bank
    to say that these charges had not been unfairly charged.

Recently the same thing has happened to my partner.

He was with Santander and the only thing that ever came out of his account was iTunes,
    For the sake of 3.41 his Santander account now stands at 600 overdrawn and is still increasing..

.. we need help, we need to know what we can do and if I can still do anything with RBS now that the account hasn't been used for 3 years?

These accounts are stopping us from getting a mortgageicon... does this mean we can claim compensation for the damage?

I have read a lot of articles but still unsure what my rights are.

Default Re: RBS charges- extremely out of hand

if you can prove the defaults were solely due to unlawful penalty charges
    then BCOBSicon is your friend

read the RBSicon link when you click BCOBSicon

if you look in the Santander forum too [off the top main forum tab]
    theres details too about Santander an bcobs wins

dx

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

A word for Both accounts, if they went overdrawn (Especially like Santander) then BCOBSicon is very good here!
    Santander seems to have been unfair in this situation!!! 3 turning into 600+

Thats disproportionate and unfair and wouldnt stand up in court... This I certainly know!!

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jun 2015

Quote Originally Posted by fkofilee View Post
    A word for Both accounts, if they went overdrawn (Especially like Santander) then BCOBSicon is very good here!
    Santander seems to have been unfair in this situation!!! 3 turning into 600+

Thats disproportionate and unfair and wouldnt stand up in court... This I certainly know!!
    What can we do from here then? Is there a procedure we can follow to get this overturned?

The whole point of BCOBSicon is designed to give the consumer an edge in dealing with the banks. (Or an equal footing in correct terms)

Search BCOBSicon FCA , have a read of it.

have a good read of the info I posted before
    it all there what to do.

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Quote Originally Posted by dx100uk View Post
    have a good read of the info I posted before
    it all there what to do.
    Agree in full, its more tailored to your situation.

then draft a complaint here for their CEO.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.
    Follows
    Following