Engine First Ltd From First Choice.Co.UK

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2006 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Engines First LTD (NORFOLK)

I need help i am having problem with this company after googling found out this is dissolved company and still trading on 1stchoice.co.uk with five star rating.

I ordered my corsa diesel engine on Monday morning the guy said engine will be with me by Wednesday or Thursday and ask my email for sending invoice but after numerous calls still not received any email.

On Tuesday i rang them again to ask if they dispatch the engine yet or not but the guy put me on hold then said he will ring me back in 10mins waited an hour but no call the same thing they were telling me about sending invoice, whenever i ring them they say ok we going to send you but no sign of any invoice or email.

After an hour i rang back and been told that engine not available anymore ok i asked cancel this transaction he said ok i issue refund now.

After an hour i rang bank and ask if he actually issued refund or not, bank told me he cant issue refund because money still not cleared all he can do is cancel the transaction and money will go back to your account. I rang him again and this time he was bit rude and said why you keep ringing us we issued refund and you will get money back to your card.

Today Wednesday i checked my bank and money left my account completely and the company name appears as 'The Engine Company Norwich'. Rang card company and been told nothing has been requested from the seller so seller not issued any refund at all as he said yesterday.

Can anybody give some advice on this.

Thank you

Edited by Digital_2012

Hi

Can you confirm this is the company in question.

https://www.1stchoice.co.uk/

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Engine first was struck off by Companies House last year and as such, a complaint needs to be made to Trading Standards.

It sounds like the payment is 'in progress' so double check with the bank and demand that they don't pay it. It's a bit like putting your money into a holding account for a couple of days.

If you paid direct to Engine first by credit/debit card, you should have protection. If you paid via 1stChoices website via PayPal there may be other issues to contend with.

I would initiate a chargeback just to be on the safe side.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Money has left my account today and it appears on transaction 'The Engine Company Norwich'.. I paid by debit card, the card people say wait till Friday then contact us then we raise the claim. On the other hand they also asked me to ring the seller and ask if they refunded then send confirmation email or letter to us which i doubt they will do it

Edited by Digital_2012

1stChoice are just an intermediary and as such, I don't think there will be much comeback from them although you could make them aware that they are allowing dissolved companies to advertise. Sounds like the card company are being as helpful as they can at the moment but TBH they could have been a bit quicker.

If you can't get the confirmation email from Engine First, try ringing them and record them saying they will refund. You don't need to tell them you are recording them.

The good thing is that i been recording all their conversation even when i order so i have all recordings

That's what we like to hear. :-D

Been on rouge traders 3 times now under various names?

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

That's what we like to hear. :-D

Right after complaining 1stchoice finally i got refund back. I have request another quote from 1stchoice today and these guys 'Engine First Ltd' sent me offensive quote wrote offensive comments in their quote. Please see the screen shot.

engine_zpsouq4ou8d.jpg

Edited by Digital_2012

• 4 weeks later...

Please remove this post immediately. We have never been on Rogue Traders and take this as defamation of our company name. This customer bought an engine from us on the Monday afternoon, and because of his extreme rudeness to our staff the order was cancelled by us and his card refunded the next day. There are no other complaints on Google regarding our company so please remove this immediately. you as a fair forum should not be adding fuel to this one rogue customers fire

Edited by BankFodder
restored

I cant believe such a bunch of lies. I never been rude to any of your staff. My above posts with the proof of attachments tell the story that who was rude who don't, also don't worry i have all the recordings of the conversation from the day one to the end for this trade, if admin of this forum needs i am happy to provide.

If I remember correctly they were on watchdog the other day

They have replied in this thread a few moments ago claiming that they are innocent and never been on rouge traders and i am the one who was rude and at fault

They have replied in this thread a few moments ago claiming that they are innocent and i am the one who was rude and at fault however their post has been removed by site team

Any person claiming to represent a company is asked to contact admin, so we can confirm they are who they claim to be.

The post was not removed to protect you, and once the poster has confirmed who he is, they shall have the right to defend themselves.

Any person claiming to represent a company is asked to contact admin, so we can confirm they are who they claim to be.

The post was not removed to protect you, and once the poster has confirmed who he is, they shall have the right to defend themselves.

Ok fair enough and thanks for the clarification

Just to clarify I sort of got the same that the company is dissolved so done a bit more digging just to confirm the findings and this is what I got:

On checking the Ops thread Post#11, the screenshot Email is [email protected] so I shortened the email to enginesfirstltd.co.uk.

A Whoisdomain check of enginesfirstltd.co.uk link: http://whois.domaintools.com/enginesfirstltd.co.uk brings up:

Domain name:

enginesfirstltd.co.uk

Registrant:

David Walker

Registrant type:

UK Individual

Registrant's address:

26 Bulwer Road

Buxton

Norwich

NR10 5HG

United Kingdom

NOTE: The Registrants name DAVID WALKER

I have then checked Companies house and numerous other company checkers either by company name or directors name David Walker and they all keep coming back to this dissolved company and the link between them is the individuals name David Walker.

Enginesfirst Ltd

96a Norwich Road

Norwich

NR12 8RY

Company Number: 08413153

Incorporation Date: 21/02/2013

Company Type: PLC

Director: David Walker Appointed 21/02/2013

Above details confirmed at these links: http://data.companieshouse.gov.uk/doc/company/08413153

http://companycheck.co.uk/company/08413153/ENGINESFIRST-LTD/directors-secretaries

Now lets take a closer look at theenginecompany

theenginecompany.co.uk

Now theenginecompany.co.uk and doing a Whoisdomain check link http://whois.domaintools.com/theenginecompany.co.uk

Domain name:

theenginecompany.co.uk

Registrant:

David Walker

Registrant type:

UK Individual

Registrant's address:

26 Bulwer Road

Buxton

Norwich

NR10 5HG

United Kingdom

This is The Engine Company Website link: http://www.theenginecompany.co.uk/

ON trying to do a company check of the above company I am coming back completely blank cant find nothing on the company and even on checking David Walker as a Director this company aint their.

I think we should push this lot to verify exactly who they are i.e. give us your company number to verify

Edited by stu007

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 years later...

Warning,

The Engine Company are up to their old tricks even today.

bought an engine from them arrived days after they said it would.

'DAVE' was the stroppiness guy I've ever had the misfortune to deal with over the phone.

after nearly ten days the engine arrived,

I say engine but as soon as my mechanic saw it he called me to come down to the garage.

Pile of c==p! God knows how it stayed on the pallet!

We refused it outright and watched it get reloaded onto the lorry.

promised a refund but guess what he never did.

I've asked my cc company to claim the £900 back.

WHAT A BOOTIFUL SERVICE Definitely a NORFOLK TURKEY!

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

• 1 month later...

My god I have recently purchased a complete engine from these people

I hope to god we don't have the same experience, but not looking good,

we were told 2/3 days

we made payment day later

we had a phone call saying the engine dosent come with the turbo,

would have the engine on Friday,

Friday rang up asking for invoice and tracking number

we had to wait but they sent invoice but no tracking because apparently the people in the yard had removed the wrong engine,

not happy at this time as we were hiring minibus at £110 per day

the boss rang me back and promised it will be this Tuesday.

The engine is low millage 65000 please be ok.

I will come back hopefully with good news about the company

Never did get my refund from these guys. I had to get my credit card company to go after him.

Fingers crossed that it turns out okay for you but I would get the warranty on paper just to be sure

and keep your fingers crossed.