Help with late fee

rutland3
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2978 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I'm after some advise please regarding a small loan from Creation which will be finished this month.

I changed banks from Santander to First direct in February 15. I watched the new account very closley the first month to ensure that all my direct debits set up on the old account went out as they should have. Which they did!

Fast forward 2 months and this morning I've got a warning from Credit Expert telling me that I have an account that's been flagged with 2 late payments.

I phoned Creation to find out what's happened and they will not discuss the matter with me even though I've gone through the required security check, but they did let me get the payments up to date and pay them the £60 in late fees that they placed on my account!

I phoned First direct to find out what had gone wrong, First direct have informed me that it was the originator ie Creation that cancelled the direct debit and not themselves which they are willing to provide in writing.

Any advise as to what I should do would be welcome.

Thanks

Edited by rutland3

go get those fees back by reclaiming.

the FCA regard them as unlawful penalties.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 7 months later...

Hiya - I have just gone through the process of reclaiming penalty charges from Creation, dating back more than 10y. They did not reply to a single letter, not polite enquiry, not prelim, not before action and finally not the formal Claim. I've now gone for judgment against them. Can't say if this will end with a cheque in the post or suddenly C asks for a set aside and tries to challenge - however clearly C does not listen or reply. So just dig out all your statements and see how many £20 or £12 charges they added over the years and then fill out the Compound Interest spreadsheet to work out how much C owes you rather than you owing C !!