style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3249 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Just received "the letter from Capital regarding and their form 'single person discount review", 14 days to reply etc.

This has plenty of info available of which i've done abit of research inc this forum etc.

I've read how the system works,

how some people have commented on how they twist words on such forms

and the scare tactics the use,

how the operate,

how they profit etc.

Although the c/tax to the property still has only one adult occupant,

it is now filled by one adult tenant as ive rented my place out (now an overseas l/lord but i've always paid the c/tax on time, no arrears etc is involved in this post).

Ive paid the c/tax as part of the agreement with the tenant.

I realise my mistake but what is the best way to go about it ?

i guess id like to do abit more homework before contacting/having conversations regarding this matter with such parties, hence my post here.

1.Contact my local council directly, inform them of the change/mistake etc

( i understand now the rules regarding the tenant is responsible for c/tax except if property is HIMO

- house in multiple occupancy etc. Ask them what the next step is.

2. Deal with Capital - ive read all the negative info around and really dont wanna deal with these guys.

Im wondering if its mainly a technical aspect with regard to the persons name in question,

meaning the c/tax is paid and upto date on this property, update of info, maybe a small fine etc?

From what i understand,

if Capital do not receive the completed form they send out, they'll cancel my one person discount.

This would seem a small price to pay compared to dealing with such a company from what ive read !

I realise ive still got to set the record straight.......hopefully not using these guys.

I was reading these topics, as a matter of research/interest, ( i can ony hyperlink tafter ive made 10 posts)

- search "consumeractiongroup forum show thread single persons discount review and capita"

And some kind of related info here but abit off topic

- search info council tax single persons discount review experian equifax

one comment in these threads stood out -

It is not even a civil penalty, leave alone an offence not to declare a person who lives in their household,

so you can see that Capita are probably assuming that people are frauds in cases where there is no actusreus and no mens rea.

any info would be great.