Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Thread: My pension

Default My pension

I have just got a statement from my NHS pension and I cant make any sense of it, it says its worth so much in a lump sum and so much piension at retirement age, is that either I can take it as a lump sum or as a yearly pension please? Plus so much survivor pension...I dont have a partner nor did I have one when I took out my pension, the lump sum for survivng dependant children is no good either as my children are all over the cut off age!

Default Re: My pension

Hello there.

It's difficult to say without seeing a copy of the statement. Is it possible that you could scan up a depersonalised PDFicon of it please?

Does your statement look anything like this?

http://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/Documents/P..._statement.pdf

My understanding is that the NHS scheme gives you a salary related pension and a lump sum at retirement.

As for the spouse's and children's pensions, the NHS scheme is a 'one size fits all' arrangement that can't be tailored to each individual.

Scan up the statement if you can and we'll take it from there.

HB

Default Re: My pension

I dont have access to a scanner but it does say
    Projected benefits at Normal retirement age
    Pension 4,331.80
    Lump sum 12, 995.40
    Survivor Pension 620.22

And yes it does look something like that link you provided