style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3260 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A few years ago my JSA was suspended & then my HB/CTB was suspended,

I was invited to apply for DHP and filled in the form etc,

then shortly after received a phone call telling me I had been successful,

the form I filled in was called a Review of Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit

and on the front page at the top it has 'Office use' with various codes and one of them was circled it was the letters 'BOIS'

does anyone please know what the letters stand for?

This info is time sensitive so I would really appreciate all your help.

Many thanks.

never heard of an acronym of BOIS

without seeing form and the context, I could not even begin to guess

it there a copy of blank form on their website? if so, could you post a link to blank form?

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

Sorry I didn't explain myself properly and it would take an age to explain it. The form is one issued by the LA late 2009. It was issued after a person's JSA was stopped therefore their entitlement to H/B & CT/B ended. The LA then stopped the H/B etc but invited the tenant to fill in a Review form based on their new circumstances, ie, applicable amount as opposed to entitlement via JSA. The LA were supplied with all info and this person heard by way of a phone call that it was successful. 6mths later (2010) JSA was applied for and awarded & LA informed therefore entitlement to H/B & CT/B came from being on a passported/qualified benefit as opposed to Applicable amount. The form had a series letter under the heading 'office use', ie BREVNC. BREVCC, BRECAN etc the one BOIS is the one I want to know about. Thank you.

am going to guess here, but possibly

BREVNC = Benefit REView New Claim

BREVCC = Benefit REView Change of Circumstances

BRECAN = Benefit REview CANcellation

BOIS = Benefit Off Income Support

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

id6052 Thank you so much. Would I be correct then to say that H/B CT/B were not paid by way of subsidy from the DWP and paid by the LA due to the applicable amount?

Thank you again.

Both passported and standard (i.e. where LA applies means test) awards of HB attract DWP subsidy. It is not really an issue.

CTB was the same, though no longer possible to claim CTB as abolished in 2013 and CTB subsidy no longer exists.

In relation to CTR, LAs receive a fixed grant for their local scheme from DCLG. Again, there is no difference in funding between passported and standard CTR awards.