Xercise4less and CRS yet agin

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2145 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Slick

Just received a further letter dated August 3rd

"Following our initial letter we are disappointed that your account with Xercise4less is still in arrears and our fee has not been paid

We would still like to reach an amicable resolution but if you fail to respond to this letter we will have no option but to commence further action to recover the monies owed. The options available to us are:

1. Legal Action

We believe you are in breach of a legally binding contract with Xercise4less because you have not paid your membership and our fees. We may pursue a claim under this contract through the courts. If so the following process will apply

1. We will write a formal letter explaining what we are demanding and give you a final opportunity to pay/reply

2.If this failed to settle the matter we would issue proceedings against you in the County Court

3. You could then either make payment, ending the legal process 0r dispute some/all the amount owed

4. if you dispute the amount owed the Court process will continue and at the end the Court will make a decision on our claim.

5. A strict Court imposed timescale will apply in relation to the court process.

Were we to be successful in our claim, or if you ignore the claim, A CCJ may be registered against you requiring you to make payment. You may also be liable for our costs.

If you fail to pay the amount in the CCJ we would take the next steps required to enforce the judgement

2. Outsource to External Agents

Your account would be passed to another collection agency who will take further action to recover the monies owed.

You can avoid this by contacting us in the next 10 days to arrange payment

Yours sincerely

Rob Avery"

Should I resend the previous letter Slick or ignore and wait for the next one?

Many thanks for advice

DF

That's odd !

They said last month that they'd take legal action after 7 days .............. but they didn't. :!:

Ignore for now, IMHO.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Slick

Latest letter today

Reads as follows-

We regret that despite our attempts to reach an amicable resolution to your account, you remain in arrears to Xercise4less

We must therefore give notice that failing to reply to this letter within the next 10 days will result in your account balance being passed to Zinc Group Ltd. One of the Uk`s leading providers of debt recovery solutions.

We would still like to resolve this matter

We are still happy to listen to your reasons for not paying and will do whatever we can to reach an acceptable solution for both parties. All that is required is for you to call us on 01444 449 165 by no later than 31st August 15 so that we can discuss your account further

Yours sincerely

Rob Avery

Collections Manager

What do you advise next steps? Re-send previous letters....

Thanks

DF

Hi Duffield and thanks for the PM.

Sorry I thought I replied on the 25th.

Anyway, my advice remains as per my post #27.

No need to re-send them anything - just ignore for now.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

• 1 month later...

Hi Slick,

Today received an email from Zinc, introducing themselves and asking for my daughter to phone or email them urgent,y to discuss the account they have taken over.

should she ignore or reply by email or post explaining situation and offering 1 month etc?

Many thanks

D5

Hi DF,

Letter to Zinc :-

I refer to your letter of xxdate and can confirm this matter is in clear dispute with Harlands/CRS, who have breached OFT Debt Collection Guidelines by referring the debt to Zinc.

If you make any further demands, I will report this to the relevant authorities without further notice.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Slick

Latest letter today from Zinc thanking us for the letter etc and offering to assist in resolving this outstanding account.

They would like us to provide the following details if relevant...details of dispute, proof paid, proof of cancellation out of contract, proof cancelled within cooling off period, medical documentation, redundancy

Its very polite and states our assistance is much appreciated..

Ignore? Or politely say no.

Many Thanks

DF

Brief reply to Zinc,

I refer to your letter of xxdate.

I have neither the desire, nor the need, to provide Zinc with anything.

If you want any information, get it from Harlands as they are fully aware of the reasons for the dispute.

Contact me again and I will lodge formal complaints without further warning.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Slick

Sent the letter as you suggested. We received the following email yesterday!

Hi xxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for your letter which we received on 3rd November.

As we are unable to resolve this matter for you, I have closed your account.

Should you have any further queries, please contact Xercise 4 Less directly.

Kind regards,

Kirsty Harley

Kirsty Harley

Customer Account Manager

The Zinc Group Limited

I expect it will now bounce back to Harlands,so we will do nothing and waited for the next round...

We very much appreciate your help with this.

DF

Hi DF,

As we are unable to resolve this matter for you, I have closed your account.

........ translated =

Because you have stood up to us and we know we've no basis for serious action, I'm not going to waste my time on it.

Keep us posted ...........

• 2 months later...

Hi All

Just an update for the benefit of all those who are stressed about Harlands/CRS/Zinc etc.. keep following Slicks advice.

Since my last reply telling me the case was closed I have heard nothing.. Nearly 3 months.. Of course it may continue but so far so good....

DF

Thanks for the update.

Even now after so long, I'd still not be surprised if you hear further from Harlands/CRS or Spratts.

• 3 months later...

Hi All

Reading the endless posts on this company and the stress they cause made me feel i should update you on my situation.

I received all of the standard threats i read about on here. Regurgitated month on month..you will often notice the same letter every other month.

Following Slicks advice and holding a firm line...i have still had no communication since my letter in November and the response saying they had closed my account.

Needless to eye i have not contacted X4less with any queries!!

7 months and counting...keep positive!

DF

Hi DF,

Your feedback is much appreciated and I hope this is over for you.

But, if they contact you again, please let us know.

• 2 years later...

Hi DF,

Never say never with Harlands/CRS but I hope, after all this time, they will not bother you again.

Thanks for the update.