Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Dec 2006

Default Re: 5 PDL's / DCA's but 3 with Balances.. Nearly there.

but CFO were not the original creditor were they?

dx

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    Click Here To Make A Donation
    If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if necessary
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder ads_uk Novitiate

Cagger since : Feb 2008

Yep - OC whom I've heard nothing for sometime
    - only to have a letter headed CFO stating they were in Administration and sold to MMF (also contained was an MMF letter)

I've just noticed that the Default balance is 511 yet the mmf welcome letter stated balance of 365.

Will this suffice:
    I do not acknowledge any debt to which you claim ownership.
    This morning I have returned home from a lengthy spell in hospital and out of the country.
    On opening post I have come across a letter from yourselves stating you are now the legal owners of a debt you have purchased from CFO Lending.

This debt does not exist & on logging into my credit report I see you are falsely registering a default against me which is having a detrimental effect on my file.
    Again I repeat, I do not acknowledge any debt to which you claim ownership.

I have had multiple issues with CFO, not providing proof of debt, over inflation of debt & charges.
    All methods of communication with CFO went ignored & I have not heard anything until your letter.

CFO originally issued and recorded a default against my credit file with a date of 11/07/2011
    From 2011 to 2015 I tried to obtain proof of this debt, but no communication or acknowledgement had ever been received – my requests for SARicon even went unanswered.
    Through ICOicon’s involvement they sent me through an ineligible document claiming to be the application that was undated!
    I pointed this out to CFO again no acknowledgement BUT all entries relating to CFO were removed from my credit file.
    Based on this information I give you 14 days from the recorded receipt of this letter to remove the default registered against me else this will be escalated further to the Information Commissioners Office, Financial Ombudsmanicon and will seek compensation.
    Regards

Result
    Lending Stream & PRA removed BUT with the help of the fosicon:

PRA: 100 compensation for incorrect reporting of debt / dates.

Lending Stream: Refund of 180+ 8% for miss selling of account already repaid & wiping the other loan clear.

Sadly they have said it will take them upto the 26th October to initiate the refund (they say as per FOS terms)

Just tried to write a "Avoid at all costs" post on the FB page
    BUT they have it so all posts are reviewed first
    - I wonder if this is how they keep their high trust rating.

Just to confirm Lending Stream have issued an email confirming the amount being paid

As per the agreed settlement, we are required to refund the interest and charges paid by you on loan accounts Loan 1 and Loan 2.

However, as we are yet to recover the principal balance amounting 219.50 on the loan account Loan 3, we would adjust this outstanding principal balance towards the refundable amount.

The 8% statutory interest has been added in the calculations. Please refer to the attached refund calculations for any clarification

Note: In conjunction with your fosicon refund per complaint, we were required to withhold 20% on the portion of the refund deemed to be statutory interest on interest. Of the total 625.70 refund, 220.50 was deemed to be statutory interest on interest. We withheld 44.10 as a result and will make the necessary payment to the HMRC.

In addition to this email, you will receive an “Interest Certificate” that sets forth the tax withheld and your net refund amount once the settlement has been processed. Should you have any questions regarding the withheld taxes or a missing “Interest Certificate,” please direct your query to [complaints@lendingstream. co.uk].

The net refundable amount to be credited in your bank account would be 362.10. We are also required to remove all the adverse information in reference to these loans from your credit file.
    Result

Site Team fkofilee Authoritative fkofilee Authoritative fkofilee Authoritative fkofilee Authoritative fkofilee Authoritative fkofilee Authoritative fkofilee Authoritative fkofilee Authoritative fkofilee Authoritative fkofilee's Avatar

Cagger since : Oct 2011

Well done ADS

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details