Retired British Born Citizen And Filipino Wife - UK Settlement

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3301 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I am a British born citizen and worked all my life and I have been retired for almost 3 years and emigrated to the Philippines two years ago and married my Filipino fiancee. The initial idea was to spend five or six years in the Philippines until all my step children had finished University and they could start their own life.

Things have changed a bit due to me being a Diabetic and maybe needing a bit more medical care than i get know

we decided that we would like to return to the UK sooner, however, on reading the rather mixed signals from the official Visa4UK website it seems as though my wife will not be allowed entry as she does not have an income/savings of £18,600 even though my income is just short of £1,950 per month and the costs of the visa application to settle is >£2,000 plus. There are no problems with the language and we have proof that I have known my wife for more than five years (kept all the emails)

My wife intends to work albeit self employed and pay the taxes and insurances that are due yo the Government. The children would remain in the Philippines with their Grandmother.

Can anyone advise on possibilities please

Word of warning, do not mention She intends to work here = they will refuse as Primary Purpose is to work here. Part of the rules may still state no recourse to Public Funds in respect of yourselves.

Settlement fees would come a lot later, the rules change by different Governments in the past.

Read the up to date rules carefully, work your way thru them line by line, as they are picky at Embassy.

The biggest factor is usually recourse to Public Funds in the past and a good income to cover yourselves.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad: