Education Authority asking for proof of my address on 31st October last year

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3299 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, firstly, my partner and I, along with our child have lived in this house since 2011 and in this street since 2006.

Last year I applied for his secondary school place and was awarded the school of our choice, the school is 250 metres or so from our front door (one of the reasons that we moved to this street in 2006). Last week I received a letter from the LEA Admissions officer telling me that I had to prove where i lived in October last year, they want 5 pieces of paper, 2 of which are A V5 document , I dont own a car, my partner buy s and insures our cars, also, proof of receipt of CB and or Tax Credit, we receive neither of these. I cannot ring them until Monday, but this sounds very strange, part of the letter states that he is not necessarily doubting where I live or where our son lives, actually, that is precisely what it sounds like to me. Whilst we have nothing to hide and have not made a fraudulent application, I cannot provide them with something that I do not possess, does anyone have any advice please.

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Do you have council tax bills, driving licences, utility bills, bank statements etc?

There is a very popular school in my area? And it had been known for people to claim they live at a relative or friends house in order to get the children into the school. House prices in the catchment area are well known to be high because of the school's reputation, so maybe they need to check pupils eligibility, especially if over-subscribed. I wouldn't take it personally.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.