EU national. How to settle in UK despite possible EU exit?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3341 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm posting this regarding one of my friends situation I'm trying to see the possibilities.

If I understand correctly, an EU national have to live in UK for 5 years to be settle (without studying, just working or self-sufficient) in this case UK needs to stay in EU for another 5 years (5 year qualifying period). And if the referendum in 2017 will decide "out", then my friend will stop having right to reside in UK and thus will not be able to meet the conditions above?

I'm posting this regarding one of my friends situation I'm trying to see the possibilities.

If I understand correctly, an EU national have to live in UK for 5 years to be settle (without studying, just working or self-sufficient) in this case UK needs to stay in EU for another 5 years (5 year qualifying period). And if the referendum in 2017 will decide "out", then my friend will stop having right to reside in UK and thus will not be able to meet the conditions above?

Who knows?

Who knows if the UK will exit the EU or not.

Who knows IF the UK does exit the EU, then : if there will be transitional arrangements ("grandfather provisions") for those (non-UK) EU nationals already lawfully in the UK.

Who says the UK will exist in 5 years, :D

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Tell your eu friend to have a child and register him/her as British citizen.

Then they won't be able to kick him out even if they wanted to.

I personally don't thing this is a good idea.

I child should not come on this world for seconds interests.

I personally don't thing this is a good idea.

I child should not come on this world for seconds interests.

Sorry, was meant to be a sarcastic joke targeted at the thousands playing the system.

Forgot to enter a smiley face.