Received 2 letters today. Have a DRO going through now though.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3317 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.

I am currently going through with a DRO (debt relief order) and it's taking longer than I would wish,

plus the guy from Citz Advice is not really helping at all.

I get back tonight and 2 letters.

One is from Collectica, saying I now owe them £215, £140 of the remainder of the fine and £75 for their BS fees.

I have been paying this weekly, missed a week here and there but generally up to date,

it was for a motor fine with courts.

This is not in the DRO as fines can not go in dro.

However the 2nd letter is off CCS Collect. Saying I owe upto £300 for variou HMRC stuff. This fine is in DRO.

They have 'threatened' with action if I do not pay them etc.

They say 'our clent hmrc has authed us to recover full amount due. we regret that if no payment in 7 days

or an offer to pay etc we will advice cliebnt to litigate amount due with court costs and court fees.

This is in the DRO so what's going on?

Can anyone shed light on these 2?

I have been working in the library on new business ideas all day and the last thing I want to come home to is this ****!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would just write back to CCS Collect and advise that this is included in your DRO.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

CCS are simply a DCA

they have NOT LEGAL POWERS.

NEVER EVER pay a DCA on a Gov't debt

totally ignore them.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

collectica will continue to enforce the warrant as fines are not allowed to go in a DRO.

if they have only added £75 it is at compliance stage and you need to contact them asap to prevent a visit which will add £235 on as well.

send a letter to ccs collect who are not a bailiff company just a debt collector

and advise them that you are doing the dro,

and ensure it is included within when it goes through

None of the beliefs held by "Freemen on the land" have ever been supported by any judgments or verdicts in any criminal or civil court cases.

Yes I was told as I have no contract with said DCA's I am in no way bound to anything they demand.

I will write to them tomorrow.

What about the Collectica one?

I am going to call the courts tomorrow and explain that I have been paying. Obvioulsy as I just said DCA have no power to demand their imaginary fees... So do I just call court and maybe offer a full payment? I can not really afford full payment but will if needed?

the warrant includes the costs they are paid first whether you pay the court or the company.

there will be a warrant of control issued by a magistrate or authorised clerk.

the fees are not imaginary, they are set in law, the taking control of goods (fees) regulations 2014

if you miss one payment by 1 day the court will send you a further steps notice.

if you don't pay after that or default again a warrant is automatically issued.

my advice is either pay it in full to collectica or arrange a payment proposal and don't miss a payment.

enforcement agents acting on behalf of the court are heavy handed and have the right to force entry if necessary.

so avoid another £235 and act quickly

None of the beliefs held by "Freemen on the land" have ever been supported by any judgments or verdicts in any criminal or civil court cases.

Hi Joseph Blogs.

Thanks for info.

I have just called both the courts and Colectica and the courts are saying that they issued the extra fine rightfully and colectica are saying they are part of the court service and the fine of 75 is for the courts and not themselves.

I said I have no extra money to be paying out right now, but none of them are listening.

So what do I do... I really don't have any extra money to just be giving away!!

What are my options?

You say when paying your fine you missed the odd payment here & there

- this will be why it has been passed on for enforcement & why the Court don't want to know.

However did you ever receive a Final Steps Notice from the Court telling you that if your account was not brought up to date

then several enforcement options were available - on of which was for Bailiff action?

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi.

However did you ever receive a Final Steps Notice from the Court telling you that if your account was not brought up to date

then several enforcement options were available - on of which was for Bailiff action?

No, I did not get any letter as such?? Should I have?

Have you brough it to the attention of Collectica that you are going through a Debt Relief Order?

I have not no, as court fines can not be inclued???

I called Collectica and they said they are working for Courtds and the added £75 is not profit for them as they are enforced by the courts?

What annoys me is I have just paid £5 a week off taking it down to 140 and now they just add £75 on which takes it back to £215 orginal fine amount.

I seriously have no money spare to be giving away, hence the DRO?

I'm a strong person, and do not let this **** eat me away, but what do young mums with 3 kids and young 20 year olds do with this stuff... it's hardly even humane is it, how can it be allowed to be so blunt and brutal?!

No further steps no can send bailiffs.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

No further steps no can send bailiffs.

?

Sorry didn't quite follow that? How do you mean mate?

I am inclined to call the courts again tomorrow, and say that I did not receive a letter to say 'if no payment received etc' because I didn't?

What can I do about this?

Because I did not receive a letter warning me.

Hi.

Just regarding this COLLECTICA issue.

I have called them and they said they are not going to revert the COLLECTICA issue back. So after paying £5 a week and getting down to £140 their £75 fee has now gone back on making my payments pointless.

I am now faced with calling Collectica and paying all my money. I don't even have!

So am I screwed over here or what or is there something I can do about this?

Because if I don't pay soon they will happily send out a payments officer and add on £275 (which is just beyond me how that is even legal).

Please advise asap.

called the court yet regarding not getting the notice?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I did and they said that 'we sent it out and as far as we are concerned you should have it' was that blunt!

On the phone to the manager guy and he was being an ass basically (love their job too much these people).

So... Have the bast**ds got me here?

Have you not called collectica and asked for a short term arrangement yet?

Cant be long until the 14 days is up and it goes out for a visit surely

Hi I have called Collectica and the rude phone monkey said he will not be taking the fees off.

And that I must pay the extra £75 fee making my weekely payments pointless..

So am I screwed here or what??

The fees are set by the government and to be fair they obviously won't take the fees they are entitled to off.

Like i said before, if it is still at compliance stage they may offer a short term arrangement but if you leave it - it will go out for a visit, the full amount with the £235 fee will go on and they wont accept anything less than the full amount.

So Have you done this yet???

I have just called them.

Very rude staff.

He said he would not talk to me about a payment option until I had made a payment.

I said I wanted to pay £25 a week and he said whe won't talk to me until I have made a payment, but have been told that convos are not worth anything in talking, so what do I do here?

All of these people have such a ****ty attitude...

I have paid it off now. I had money in my account but after paying rent and now this I have nothign left.

What are you seriously meant to do? It's totally messed up how brutal this system can be to you. Here's my advice, screw the system because that's all it's doing to you! Everyone is out to get someone.

I know a lot of you will say 'well don't get into trouble in the first place' but that is not my point. My point is, what about young mums with 2 kids who are struggling as it is, the amount of stress these people and the system cause to you is deadly.

Did anyone hear that story about the old guy who died of a heart attack because the debt collector forced him to go to the cash machine for money?

It's distgusting...

they were debt collectors not bailiffs.

dx

and they

I am in the process of Debt Relief Order.

All seems to be OK and it should be going through in the next week or so.

My old shop rent is in there, just one issue,

I had to find a guarantor and my step father said he would take it.

But obvioulsy now things have not worked out as planned.

The shop rent is in the DRO but what about my step father?

Is there anything that can be done?

The council are aware that the money owed is going in a DRO but my step dad has not heard anything yet.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Am I best speaking with the council to see if they will forget this?

My step father isn't in the best health at the moment and also in the best financial ability right now.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

I will try and find some help for you. Sadly I think your step father will be pursued as he is a guarantor :(

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D