parking eye scottish aldi car park

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2300 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My Wife got a letter of fine for parking in an Aldi car park in Ayrshire from Parking eye of £70.00,

with an offer of £40.00 if payed within 7 days,

she had been in Aldi for some of the time but did not keep the receipt.

we have ignored the letters as we consider it an unenforceable [problem],

the third letter mentions possible further action.

Is this action legal in Scotland ?.

its not a fine

read the letter carefully.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

And they can't touch you if its in Scotland anyway as pofa doesn't apply there

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thanks DX100uk and renegadeimp Ericsbrother,

The letter says

Outstanding Parking Charge Amount Due.

We note from our records that the previous two parking Charge Notices we have sent you,

which refer to the Parking Charge issued in accordance with the terms and conditions for parking in the Aldi Car Park on 22/01/2015, Remain outstanding.

The amount now payable is £70.00 * This payment is required within 7 days or further action may be taken.

If this letter is ignored, further action may include instruction of solicitors to secure immediate payment or the issuing of court proceedings

which could incur further costs which may be added to the amount owed.

To avoid further unnecessary costs or action, please pay the outstanding parking charge amount as stated above

or make arrangements for the driver to pay, in accordance with the parking terms and conditions.

Yours faithfully

Legal Department

ParkingEye Ltd

My Wife parked there to go into Aldi and made purchases in the shop, then left the Car there to go and pick up our Daughter from the nearby Dentist,

A few days later she received a letter from ParkingEye with a picture of the Car and registration number, We have since ignored their demands.

Am I correct that in Scotland that only Police and Local authority notices are binding and that private companys have no Legal enforcement right to collect,

so rely on fear for collection ?.

Edited by blueda
Typo

yep

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

In Scotland, contract law is the same but no PoFA so no keeper liability from breach of contract can ever be created.

It is for PE to prove who was driving at the time and thus who the contract was with.

No-one has to help them in this task

so if it was me I would write a letter as registered keeper of the vehicle saying that no liability is accepted

and that PE provide "strict proof" of any evidence of their contract being formed with the keeper of the vehicle as the PoFA does not apply in Scotland.

They will then have to either identify the driver at the time or give up.

They will be forced to do the latter for economic reasons if nothing else.

Thanks ericsbrother,

I contacted Aldi customer services,

Aldi own the car park and hire ParkingEye to collect money from non customers who park there and go somewhere else

I was told that we should go into store with receipt,

which we don't have and try and trace sale so charge can be scrapped,

then the customer service rep asked my surname,

then the line went dead as soon as I answered.

Edited by blueda
Typo

Thanks ericsbrother, I will write to them tomorrow. I went in to Aldi today and explained that a purchase was made that day, the Manager said that the time parked and with no receipt they could do nothing, and that I would need to take it up with ParkingEye.

They cant do anything anyway. PE know this and they would be extremely stupid if they even considered court action.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thanks for the Links determindator, very interesting, I am getting different advice on the matter, some advise to write to ParkingEye LTD and other advice to ignore them as they have no right of enforcement in Scotland and that a reply gives them ammo to harass further. The Town we stay has never had parking charges from the Council due to a local bye Law, so as the Council cannot apply parking charges, surely private Land owners also cannot.

Edited by blueda
typo

Today I spoke to a Shop worker who works in a Shop at the same parking area covered by ParkingEye LTD, and he told me that we don't need to pay the charge and to ignore it. I am getting two sides of advice, which is send them a letter, or ignore them, and I have great respect for everyone who offers advice to us. Anyone got experience to post here of dealing with ParkingEye in Scotland ?.

I personally think you should follow the advice you have been given on here, these people have gotten to know a lot about these kind of things and know what they are talking about, all its going to cost you is the price of a stamp and 2 mins of your time.

Do it :)

Elf.