Pension tracing service

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3319 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A free service which helps people locate pension pots they have lost track of will triple its number of staff to meet record numbers of enquiries, ahead of the radical new changes to the pensions system that will come in on 6 April.

The Pension Tracing Service helps people to find providers of pensions they have lost contact with, often after switching jobs.

Do watch out for rogue companies. There are a number of official looking firms springing up who promise to trace pensions for a fee – steer clear of these as you do not need to pay for the government run pension tracing service.

https://www.gov.uk/find-lost-pension

Can you post up that page of the forum, Surfer? I can't get to it without entering all my details.

Have you really lost all of your previous pensions?

HB

Actually not for myself but for the wife.

Over the past 20 years she has worked in various jobs and paid into a pension plus we have moved home in that time.

The problem is that you work with a company and pay into the pension scheme and then halfway through they change to another provider,

however if you have taken extra bonus option which is again a separate payment the extra stays with the original pension company and then it gets confusing.

The big issue is if trying to transfer a pension from one job to another job you lose out a lot so it is better just to leave it where it is.

We have managed to trace 4 pension companies but believe there may be some still outstanding although they are probably small amounts.

If you look at the bottom of the page I screenprinted, at the bottom is a box that says 'Trace another pension.'

OH has dealt with these forms at work and suggests you file one enquiry per employer. If you enter the start and finish dates of your wife's employment, they should check any schemes they had while she was there.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum