Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Default Re: Advice sought - help

eh?

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Sorry. Fat fingers & small phone!
    Iíve stopped payments to all my creditors now.
    I believe I can update my credit file via noodle too.
    Iím at Painís to avoid ccjís too.
    All I have is my pension.

well you could write to each owner of each debt and simply inform them of your new address
    or you can run the slight risk of a CCJ
    but I doubt they'd get any money out of you as you are not on the mortgageicon/deed of where you live so they cant get a charging order anyway
    and what income you have [pension?] would only result in £1PCM anyway too

so up to you.

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

I was paying the oc's at £1 pcm each when I stopped.
    The first one , Santander, contacted wetcloths after I stopped payments when the DCAicon failed an SARicon.
    I'm assuming that the same thing will happen with the other accounts.
    So: I propose to change the address on my credit file, and write to each of the OC's to tell them of my situation.
    I do not have the funds to pay these debts off.
    For example, my rent is £300pcm. Add in my phone, car insurance and food contributionicon, and its all gone.
    H

wners NOT the OC's if they've been sold on

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

I know. The DCAiconís get the debt when itís sold on.
    I stopped the payment to the DCA when they failed an SARicon for the Santander bank. That resulted in the letters from wet cloths that Iíve been ignoring.
    Iíve ignored all letters from the DCAís et the other accounts and paid the OCís £1pcm. They are the ones that Iíve now stopped.
    No one else has contacted me.
    H

SARicon? to a DCAicon that's a new one...

pers i'd simply ignore the lot and not even tell them you've moved
    objectively a CCJ wont harm you anyway
    but
    it would be a bugger to get rid of if they did get a backdoor one
    whereas if they are TOLD where you are then at least you'd get the claimforms [IF IF IF] and it can be buffed away.

theres no set rule as to what/if a dca that OWNS a debt will do

though sometimes if you move and don't tell them then you start to get massive discount letter a couple of months after moving [once you credit file catches up etc]
    that SOMETIMES a pointer to them phishing to see if you will reply
    if you don't then they go for the backdoor CCJ

dx

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

I got the discount letter re the santander bank from wetcloths. Ignored that.

I really really don't want a ccj,
    so I may just reinstate the £1 each month,
    though I was hoping that I could get to the point, at 71, where the debts are statute barredicon!

Seems that is not possible now.
    H

IF IF IF. I'm not sure I understand!

as Ive said before if wetcloths client is satans bank
    an OC does NOT do court.
    but if the debt is sOLD ON then the buyer might.

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

I clearly need to go through each of the files to see who I need to tell then. Fortunately I have all the detail for each.
    I did an SARicon to abbey & got a huge ream of paper!
    I think wetcloths got the detail cos moorcroft recognised I stopped the payment to Santander because moorcroft failed an SAR
    H

Hi,

Been through my files and both moorcroft and Capquest know my address.
    I've never paid anyone except the OC, and as I've said, I've stopped paying them now.
    I don't think the OC,s would tell the DCAicon's I'd stopped, so I'll sit tight now.
    H

OC's tell DCAicon'S nothing, less for whom to harass and how much to harass them for.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!
    HOW DO I START A NEW THREAD?

Follows
    Following

Hi Bazooka,
    Iíll sit tight then.
    My pension kicks in soon, so at least Iíll have something.
    Not much though on £600 ish every 4 weeks!
    H

Hi all,
    I stopped all payments to everyone as advised, and thought no more of it since wetcloths didn't contact me again.

Today I got a letter from Arrow global, who have apologised for not complying with the terms of the CCA 1974(as amended), in that they haven't supplied me with statements of the account they hold on me from 26th Sept 2012 to 30th Nov 2018.

They say that to remedy this 'oversight' they have enclosed a detailed statement covering the period, and that they will send regular statements to ensure I am fully informed 'about all the activity on your account'.

They add that if I want to 'discuss any details of my account, I can also get in touch with crapquest.
    They then give the same phone no as for arrow!

I think that by their own admission, the account is already statute barredicon.

Just a thought, but since I've never paid any money to DCAicon's, and the OC's do not tell the DCA's anything, aren't all the accounts with the DCA's statute barred?

There is a tide in the affairs of men, which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune;
    Omitted, all the voyage of their life is bound in shallows and in miseries.
    On such a full sea are we now afloat, and we must take the current when it serves,
    Or lose our ventures.

One the other hand......Sod this, I'm off!
    Follows
    Following

Default Re: partial settlement v full and final

crappest are part of the arrows group

SB runs from the last payment date on a debt to anyone.

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Default Re: partial settlement v full and final

Hi dx,

I'll just ignore the letters then.

H

There is a tide in the affairs of men, which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune;
    Omitted, all the voyage of their life is bound in shallows and in miseries.
    On such a full sea are we now afloat, and we must take the current when it serves,
    Or lose our ventures.

One the other hand......Sod this, I'm off!
    Follows
    Following

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13