Universal Credit national expansion – Tranche two

mikeymack2002
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2337 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Here is a list of all phase II Universal Credit (UC) rollouts please see my attachments these are the areas that will be affected throughout 2015-16 please read the attachments to find out if and when you may be affected .... This will be from now until spring 2016

As most of you know UC means you only get paid once a month, you also get paid your HB as well. You will be responsible for paying this bills on time and making sure you remain in CREDIT with your rent as per T&C's of your tenancy agreements. (May vary between different Councils/Districts)

Failure to pay your Council Tax on time WILL/MAY see a Liability Order (LO) issued against you in Court. If this happens you will face the prospect of losing personal property and paying huge fees. Please read some of the threads here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?168-Bailiffs-Help-with-Dealing-with-Bailiffs-and-Enforcement-Agents-including-HCEO

to see what could happen if an Enforcement Agent (EA) is asked to collect the arrears of your CTAX

There are two attachments for different dates so please read both and one regarding eligibility

There is a video from the DWP here https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/universal-credit-videos

Council tax help is applied for separately to your local Council

MM

• Confused 1

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

does anyone know as the uc credit is being paid monthly if the monthly payment will take into account a 31 day month ? if not folks could be in for a shortfall ove 12 months.

I would expect the yearly benefit would be calculated then divided by 12 months. So some months better off than others

Edit - does anyone know when this will affect existing claims for Esa for eg

does anyone know when this will affect existing claims for Esa for eg. ive just been put on esa for 3 years in support group and from what ive just read u c wont affect me for a while yet. maybe im wrong and some-one with more info might lets us know.

Council Tax is not included in Universal Payments, to get Council Tax reduction you will have to complete a separate application to your local Council.

If you are not a pensioner then (depending on your Council) you may be liable for some of the Council Tax regardless if you are on Benefits.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

The system is currently only set up to handle single persons who would normally claim JSA. Had a quick scan of some of the documents mikeymack2002 posted links for. The one attached, lists most of the excluded:

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

The system is currently only set up to handle single persons who would normally claim JSA. Had a quick scan of some of the documents mikeymack2002 posted links for. The one attached, lists most of the excluded:
mr p you are correct as it does state single persons only claims at this point. as im coming up to 62 im hoping by the time my esa is up for renewal ill be retired and maybe have some peace away from all this mess. will things ever get any better im wondering.

Thank you for this my area is on one of these documents. I honestly don't know how I will be affected. I am on income based ESA in the support group and have been for over 2 years. Will this affect my benefit at this time, will I be reassessed for UC and will it change the amount of support I get. I do not get housing benefit etc as I live with family. Feeling very confused right now.

Thank you for this my area is on one of these documents. I honestly don't know how I will be affected. I am on income based ESA in the support group and have been for over 2 years. Will this affect my benefit at this time, will I be reassessed for UC and will it change the amount of support I get. I do not get housing benefit etc as I live with family. Feeling very confused right now.
I think a lot of folks are feeling confused matey but as I understand they are not looking at esa cliaments at this time only single person claiments and that may only be new claiments not sure. if you have been claiming esa for over 2 years I think you are assessed every 3 years. ive just been granted esa support group for 3 years first time ive ever applied for it. maybe you will change o assessement don't know. if you are worried call the dwp esa line which I found helped me a lot. whenever I called them got a straight helpfull response and then you would get info straight from the horses mouth so to speak.

According to this then - if you are a home owner you are NOT eligible, or am I reading it wrong.

According to this then - if you are a home owner you are NOT eligible, or am I reading it wrong.

That is indeed the way I interpreted it.

I wonder why they are excluding the people with a mortgage hardly seems fair.

Not all home owners have mortgages. If you are homeless or in temporary accommodation you also do not qualify. Reading between the lines, Universal Credit is being rolled out for anyone in rented accommodation with much more to lose if they are sanctioned. Call me cynical, but it looks very much like a twenty-first century version of the Highland clearances of the 18th & 19th centuries.

Not all home owners have mortgages. If you are homeless or in temporary accommodation you also do not qualify. Reading between the lines, Universal Credit is being rolled out for anyone in rented accommodation with much more to lose if they are sanctioned. Call me cynical, but it looks very much like a twenty-first century version of the Highland clearances of the 18th & 19th centuries.

I have found written evidence from the DWP that UC does pay mortgage interest (SMI) but there is a wait of 12 weeks, which I think is the same as the old system.

:Questions, questions, questions:

Universal credit is paid monthly (not four weekly) in arrears. Possibility of bi-monthly payments for claimants who find it difficult to budget.

Rates of universal credit may vary from month to month dependent on how much (if any) work has been done during the payment period.

No signs yet that I'm aware of; from claimants, contributors to CAG, or Work n Pensions ministers that claimants of income related employment n support are being asked to claim universal credit. When there are, initially it'll probably just be new claimants and ones with changed circumstances. Anyone with more up to date info, please share.

There's two rates of the limited capability for work element, paid in addition to the standard allowance. Currently the higher rate of £311.86 per month appears to replace the enhanced disability and severe disability premiums.

As with the change from incapacity benefit to employment n support, there'll be transitional protection for claimants who'd otherwise get less universal credit than they received from their previous benefits. Transitional protection lasts until it's eroded by inflation or ended by a change of circumstances.

The housing costs element can be used for mortgage interest (eventually) or rent. For the moment Government's decided not to include the intricacies of housing costs in universal credit for claimants in care homes and hostels. They'll continue to receive a separate payment of housing benefit from their Local Authority.

Lots more questions answered at;

http://www.disabilityrightsuk.org/universal-credit-uc#9

:panda: Margaret.

they are trying to implement for the "easiest" cases as DWP do not have resouces/processes in place to figure out how to deal with majority of clients

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

Yes, I remember reading somewhere it's now just for single people on JSA.

And to answer my own question - there's no SDP. Which begs another question - under LHA / HB, you can only get enough to cover the 1 bed rate if under 35 and receiving SDP. What happens there then? Doesn't affect me because I rent from housing association.

Some more useful information for the questions being asked have a read of the attachment below in regards to social/private landlords.

Also I will post up some more info for the vulnerable households shortly, suffice to say if you struggle with your finances there will help available

More later

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

At the moment many JC's are actively assisting claimants that will be affected with weekly workshops, this will including budgeting and how to save money by shopping wisely.

Some of the course will show you how to cook tasty meals on a budget, I asked to go on this course just to see what is what, the information that was given was helpful and the hand-outs were of use especially the cooking side of things. If allowed I will post up the cooking on a budget form that was handed out if the site team will permit?

Some of you have asked if this will affect couples your answer is here Published 16/05/2014

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/universal-credit-to-take-the-first-new-claims-for-couples

What will it mean for families please read here published 25/11/2014

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/welfare-revolution-rolls-out-to-families-universal-credit-to-be-in-a-third-of-jobcentres-by-spring

It is stated in the attachment below this will affect singles/couples/families, this is already being rolled out again starting in the Northwest of the country and selected postcodes in London

"Over the last four months, the roll-out of Universal Credit has continued and from 16 February, it will be available to: • single claimants in 112 jobcentres • couples without children in 96 jobcentres • families in 32 jobcentres • all claimant types in a limited postcode area in London to test the enhanced Digital Service." see page 8....

Enhanced Digital Service information is here

http://central-government.governmentcomputing.com/news/dwp-ponders-universal-credit-digital-test-expansion-4497542

• Haha 1

Hi Everyone,

I reside in the North West and I believe only the simplest of cases will apply. I myself have CTC+WTC+CB+HB+CTB. So in my case it is a lot more complex and existing claims will be migrated in a couple of years. I have read they don't have the

technology in place to deal with such case-think it was the fiscal studies body who wrote this.

At the moment many JC's are actively assisting claimants that will be affected with weekly workshops, this will including budgeting and how to save money by shopping wisely.

Some of the course will show you how to cook tasty meals on a budget, I asked to go on this course just to see what is what, the information that was given was helpful and the hand-outs were of use especially the cooking side of things. If allowed I will post up the cooking on a budget form that was handed out if the site team will permit?

Don't see why not. :)

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.