5Day learner driver training False Advertisment

hammer0908
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1974 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My Friend has been on a 5 day driver training course.

she was not to the required standard DSA level 5 so was not put forward for the test on day 5. This she understands.

However the reason I query this for you wise comments are the following:

The website does not explain at what level you need to be, or that if they cannot get you to DSA level 5 then you will not be put in for the test or return for the test. see 5day website

On the website it states

1. If you are unsuccessful on your Theory Test or Practical Test
  2. Get FREE, unlimited theory and practical correction lessons until you pass.

3. The complete course is only £914.00. This not only includes all the driving tuition but also the fee for your theory test and practical test

This is not true. Could I complain to trading standards or anyone about this?

in T & C's which you get after you have paid, it does state that in the case of non achievement further lessons can be agreed between the pupil and the trainer.

My query here is, it sate that it includes the hire of the car for the test and if you do not Pass there is a MENTORING RETEST PROGRAMME should the candidate fail on the first test or any successive retest the driver. blah Blah Blah. FREE remedial help will be offered from the training centre until you pass.

the Question.

Additional lesson required to bring her to the standard required is the reasonable for these to be charged

Should they only be provided by the centre to validate the MENTORING RETEST PROGRAM

You comment would be appreciated.

http://www.5day.co.uk/

5day.co.uk... is this the one hammer ?

Practical and theory tuition and full onsite support at our dedicated training centre. Located at centres around the UK, we provide you with a perfect learning environment.

If you are unsuccessful on your Theory Test or Practical Test

Get FREE, unlimited theory and practical correction lessons until you pass.

The complete course is only £914.00. This not only includes all the driving tuition but also the fee for your theory test and practical test.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

If it is, it says absolutely nothing on the site. There has to be terms and conditions issued before the course starts otherwise they cannot hold you to a 'no return deposit'.

Interesting, it did give you the terms with the invoice which you then have 48 hours to read or it cannot be canceled.

Yes Conniff

Are they able to advertise without T&C or a smal not explaining the small pint, as you have with financial transactions etc.

However, in the T&C as I mentioned it does not indicate the level that is expected. The instructor said that to pass in 5 days 99% have had some lessons (to DSA level 2).

In addition, the contract was accepted with the offer that retest will be free. They now say that this is not the case as she was not put in for the test.

Yes, they can advertise without terms and conditions as long as the terms and conditions give you all your consumer rights and not try to suppress any of them.

I think there wording and methods are very cleverly worked out. If you take a test and fail they continue with lessons until you do pass which, of course, costs them money, so by not putting you through for a test they don't have to continue with the lessons.

The site gives a breakdown of the fees which shows the test fee separately, was that fee returned to you ?

I would like to see these terms and conditions hammer if you could scan them and put them up here. They will need to be in .pdf format or will be too small to read.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]55995[/ATTACH]

Thank you for this.

I understand although disappointed advertising can be allowed to be so unclear. Still letter to someone may help?

I have also as suggested attached their t&c's for your thoughts.

"For the avoidance of doubt the standard required is level 5 as published on the Driving Standards Agency website and the Agency’s Drivers Record."

So it would seem they have said what the required standard to reach must be. The continue with lessons is only if you fail the test not if you don't take it.

They offer extra lessons which you have to pay for should you not reach the standard.

Edited by Conniff

It seams to achieve the level 5 in the time provided on the road (the course included the theory test so not all the time is on the road). That it was expected that the candidates would already have some experience at the controls of a car.

"In the case of non achievement further training options include lessons from a DSA approved instructor or private practice until such time that the required standard is achieved. 5DAY are not responsible for any further lessons agreed between the pupil and a 5DAY instructor, payment for such lessons are entirely the responsibility of the pupil and the instruct"

"There is no guarantee implied written or otherwise that a pupil will get to the required standard to be able to pass a driving test as achieving this standard is entirely down to the pupils ability."

Conniff,

Than you for your help.

I understand you have pasted the relevant parts of the T&C but that does not answer my quires.

That in your own opinion that once that ability (LEVEL 5 ) is reached that in is reasonable to then go back to them and request the instructor to asses them (chargeable) they then if you fail carry training and retest.

• 3 years later...

so because my wife have got not time having a autistic child limits her time we went for the 5 day school what they say in the website is misleading not unlimited lessons but they make you pay the teachers extra lessons and the teachers so busy we couldent get lessons theis website is a [removed] better throw your money before using them that is my best advice

none of their promeses in the website are true they get you to pay thay money then that is it bye bye

Edited by honeybee13
Potentially libellous words edited.