Hasting only log 9 years max no claims discount

tobyjugg2
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2064 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ive been trying to get this done for a month without any success, I simply get mailed back the original... even though the first person that I spoke to said that this is entirely the correct thing to do

Hi,

Thanks for the post,

you have a valid point and I'd like to clarify a few bits to try and help if I may.

While it's true that our insurers don't rate over 9 or accept NCB over that, it doesn't mean we will strip you of any additional years.

We are more than happy to write a bespoke NCB letter showing more should you still be entitled to them when/if you leave us.

All we need is acceptable proof of the amount you came to us with from your previous insurer.

This should generally be written on letterhead and emailed to us.

If course, we hope you don't need to claim with us but if you do it could reduce your entitlement anyway.

Also, we do make it clear on our own site we don't take more than 9 but many people place their trust in the comparison site alone to handle the sale

and they deal with many different insurers so don't always have identical questions.

It's always a really good idea to read through the main site to be sure that the product meets your needs and expectations,

or even call up to buy and ask as much as you want from the team on the phone.

I hope this helps,

if you want any further info you can email me at [email protected] as well.

Many thanks,

Joe

Ive been trying to get this done for a month without any success, I simply get mailed back the original... even though the first person that I spoke to said that this is entirely the correct thing to do

That is exactly what they said to me, despite them making assurances when I joined them and them receiving my proof of prior no claims entitlement.

I assume you provided them with prior proof of your no claims entitlement when you joined - as far as I am aware everyone has too or they simply cancel your insurance. So they have already had proof of your entitlement.

Raise a *formal complaint with them, in writing covered with a call -recorded of course - and dont accept any garbage about they will get back to you in 4 weeks or whatever and like me, you should quickly receive a letter confirming your actual entitlement.

Churchill are similar in this regard.

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

“This is specifically not allowed. Mr. Mansour used to be a Cabinet Minister in Egypt, he has given the Tories a huge amount of money, and immediately gets a knighthood.

That seems straightforwardly corrupt.  Shouldn’t they both be in jail?”

Update

Since their response to my request (via complaints process to ensure a record) for proof of actual NC entitlement that they would 'respond' to my complaint more than a month after my renewal date, 2 months after the issue was again raised,

and my reponse to them that I felt they had left me no option but to take it to the ombudsman (which I immediately did), they have sent me a PDF stating my 18 years entitlement, and with it have effectively stated that they find my complaints unfounded.

So given that

It should have been got right on initial complaint 11 months ago, particularly given the assurances given to me then,

It then should have been got right on renewal, particularly given that I had already raised the issue, but no - they just sent it out with 9 years.

It then should certainly have been immediately addressed on again raising the issue when the renewal was received, in which case even at that I would have been 'satisfied',

but NO - they actually stated that it wasn't going to get resolved in any meaningful timeframe

All this despite paying extra for protected no claims.

and it seemingly took informing them of escalation to the ombudsman to get what I was entitled to, despite being repeatedly assured by Hastings prior to the bomb dropping that there wouldn't be an issue.

HASTINGS DIRECT is definitely one to avoid in my opinion and experience at least for experienced drivers with high no claims who want a simple straightforward experience.

Particularly given that insurers are starting to update a national database with your NC entitlements (see Fords links above) so presumably Hastings will be automatically reducing any NC on a National DB.

Try getting that fixed.

just a reminder of what happened after I raised the formal complaint.

It seems it is what it takes.

- Churchill are similar but do actually note your larger entitlement on their systems (I checked) - you just have to nudge them out of default response.

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

“This is specifically not allowed. Mr. Mansour used to be a Cabinet Minister in Egypt, he has given the Tories a huge amount of money, and immediately gets a knighthood.

Hi Harps, welcome to CAG.

You need to start a new thread of your own please, this one is three years old.

Best, HB

Hi Honeybee,

Long time no speekey

I think the new thread is a bad idea as :

1. It means people who have had prior experience wont get the notification of a new post - as I just did here

2. The experiences are scattered, rather than together and showing a companies all too common practices

Hope you are well and the world treating you kindly

TJ

The Tory Legacy

Hi TJ, nice to see you. :)

We usually ask people to start a new thread rather than getting advice for the newbie mixed up with advice for the OP.

HB

yes, I understand thats the practice HB,

Just seems that keeping a topic together seems to have more wins than loses in my experience, and starting afresh loses a lot.

regards

TJ

The Tory Legacy