Mis-sold pension - is it now time barred?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3363 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks,

This thread may be over as soon as it's started...

Back in the 1990s I was one of the many people who were mis sold a private pension. There was the Pension Reiview in 1994 and the company who sold me the pension admitted they were incorrect in doing so and offerred redress of around £27k (to be added to the pension pot). Of course, muggins here didn't follow it up and I now realise that there was a time limit (31st March 2000) to accept their offer. I think at the time I must have been under the impression that they would just add it by default, which of course they wouldn't.

Question is, is it now too late to do anything about it?

Thanks.

I'm afraid that you probably are time-barred. The six-year limitation for the recovery of money paid under a mistake runs from the time that you could reasonably have discovered the mistake. If they informed you of this in 1994 then it is correct that the cut off period for you would be the year 2000.

You could always raise it with them – you have nothing to lose – but don't hold your breath

Thanks for the quick reply.

One thing they didn't do (or not that I can recall anyway) was to offer to put it back into the Civil Service scheme.

I'll give them a call and see what happens - as you say, I have nothing to lose.

Cheers