benefits

austin1967
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3367 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi, I have become homeless and I am worried that my disability benefit might stop as it has not gone into bank last night. can they stop it. please help.

I think there has been some sort of problem with payments this week, phone them in the morning to see what has happened

Agree with Sparks - contact them to see what has happened.

Homeless people can still receive benefits, but you must ensure that some sort of correspondence address is on file with the DWP, and you must be able to check mail there. It doesn't have to be a home address - a friend or relative's address would be OK. At a push, you may be able to use your nearest Jobcentre as a correspondence address although of course you would need to be physically able to get there from time to time to collect any mail that has arrived.

This is important because, while being homeless does not disqualify you from benefits, if the DWP receives back a letter as "undelivered" from the address they hold for you, they will suspend payments on your claim until you get in touch with them.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Sorry to hear of your problem.

Have you approached your LA for help with assistance.

If you are able to share the history of your situation, others may be able to help with the homeless aspect of this case. (Maybe a new thread required in the right forum?)

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.