Lost item iPostParcels - impossible to get compensation!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1958 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have used ipostparcels many times in the past as their local depot is about 10 mins from my house so I can drop off there. No problems up until December!

I sold a UPS via ebay and posted the item to the buyer on the 12th December. Thought nothing of it as never had problems before and use them fairly regularly. Buyer emailed me on the 23rd to say not received, and can I investigate. True enough the tracking was showing as "at delivery depot" and had been since the 13th.

It was due for delivery on the 13th as was paid for next day delivery and dropped off at their depot on the 12th. I informed ipostparcels on the 23rd of the problem and chased again on the 30th when no reply - got a response asking for a description etc, which I gave and they said they would search the depot. Nothing from them again until the 5th Jan with me chasing them - told they had heard nothing from the depot but would ask for the search again and let me know.

Nothing heard from them again and regular emails asking for an update, then asking them for compensation as I am taking their silence as its lost. Nothing. No more contact until 16th Jan - this time asking me for the description again and photos etc before they can pass to claims dept! I replied saying they have had the description previously and the value etc. I didnt take a photo as didnt think it would go missing! No reply since.

On the 16th before I had these emails I decided to write a formal letter to the address provided on their website making a complaint about how the whole thing has been handled and again asking for compensation with a warning that while I hope things can be resolved I would take court action if unsatisfied. I enclosed a copy of the sale details to show cost of item lost and description etc and also included th original invoice from themselves showing that I took out their extra insurance to cover the value.

As of today I have had nothing - not an email back or return letter acknowledging me. I sent the letter to them recorded so know they got it - singed for on 21st Jan.

What can I do to get my money back? I have had to reimburse the buyer for the item lost and now out of pocket by the value of the item lost and the refund! Ipostparcels seem to care not one jot about upholding their end of the bargain and refunding me the money even though I have done everything I should have within the time frame laid out in their T&C's

As a side note they have deleted all my many previous orders and consignment history on my account on their website - almost like they have wanted to hide the purchase? Everything I posted with them in the past is gone, searching brings up nothing! I posted loads in December with them - about £600 of goods in total and each and everyone of them has gone from history - wiped! They have also changed the tracking info of the lost parcel to "Delayed"

Fed up now - im thinking this may need to go to small claims court...

What records have you been keeping of this? Have you got screenshots, telephone notes? Have you been doing this on the telephone? Have you recorded your calls?

Where is this company based? What is the value of the lost item?

By the way, just to let you know that having to ensure items with companies with whom you have contracted to deliver it is a con. Contractually speaking it is completely unnecessary.

It is a term of the contract that the item will be delivered. It is a term of the contract that it will not be lost. If the item is lost then they are responsible for the cost anyway. Insurance is just an industry con for making you pay the liabilities which they bear anyway.

I have dont have any copies of the messages I have been sedning them as you have to go through a contact form on the website so no sent copies other than a confirmation of a message being sent and a reference number.

I did email them on an email address they gave me to send pictures of the items in one of the last mails from them but this email address either ignores me or replies stating the following

"If you have a query in regards to Ipost Parcels please visit our website http://www.ipostparcels.com , log into your account and submit a contact us form.

One of the Ipost Parcels team will then respond to you.

This email has not been actioned."

Just going round in circles with them!

I have a copy of the letter I posted to them, and proof of it being signed for - I also have all their replies so far

There have been no phone calls to them as they do not provide a contact number!

If you have the company's registered address I would stop pussyfooting around and send a 'letter before action' by recorded delivery - but only if you are prepared to take action! You will most probably find they will back peddle furiously should it come to the small claims court - and settle. Of course you would be unlikely to be able to use them again for anything but after they way they have treated you. I doubt if you are much bothered by this.

If you have the company's registered address I would stop pussyfooting around and send a 'letter before action' by recorded delivery - but only if you are prepared to take action! You will most probably find they will back peddle furiously should it come to the small claims court - and settle. Of course you would be unlikely to be able to use them again for anything but after they way they have treated you. I doubt if you are much bothered by this.

That is my intention

I wrote to them giving them further opportunity to put things right. The letter was sent recorded and they signed for it on the 21st so I know they got it.

I plan on sending them LBA on 4th Feb - this will have given them 14 days from receipt of letter to contact me with solution. I dont want to seem that I am rushing to court even though this has been outstanding since 23rd Dec!

And I have no intent in using them again - They were my go to guys for courier and have spend £££ with them over the years - no more!

This company is part of UKmail (just for info)

While looking around, I found this number

08451 552552 which is the 'customer service' number

This is the registered address

UK MAIL LIMITED

120 BUCKINGHAM AVENUE

SLOUGH

SL1 4LZ

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I have used ipostparcels many times in the past as their local depot is about 10 mins from my house so I can drop off there. No problems up until December!

I sold a UPS via ebay and posted the item to the buyer on the 12th December. Thought nothing of it as never had problems before and use them fairly regularly. Buyer emailed me on the 23rd to say not received, and can I investigate. True enough the tracking was showing as "at delivery depot" and had been since the 13th.

It was due for delivery on the 13th as was paid for next day delivery and dropped off at their depot on the 12th. I informed ipostparcels on the 23rd of the problem and chased again on the 30th when no reply - got a response asking for a description etc, which I gave and they said they would search the depot. Nothing from them again until the 5th Jan with me chasing them - told they had heard nothing from the depot but would ask for the search again and let me know.

Nothing heard from them again and regular emails asking for an update, then asking them for compensation as I am taking their silence as its lost. Nothing. No more contact until 16th Jan - this time asking me for the description again and photos etc before they can pass to claims dept! I replied saying they have had the description previously and the value etc. I didnt take a photo as didnt think it would go missing! No reply since.

On the 16th before I had these emails I decided to write a formal letter to the address provided on their website making a complaint about how the whole thing has been handled and again asking for compensation with a warning that while I hope things can be resolved I would take court action if unsatisfied. I enclosed a copy of the sale details to show cost of item lost and description etc and also included th original invoice from themselves showing that I took out their extra insurance to cover the value.

As of today I have had nothing - not an email back or return letter acknowledging me. I sent the letter to them recorded so know they got it - singed for on 21st Jan.

What can I do to get my money back? I have had to reimburse the buyer for the item lost and now out of pocket by the value of the item lost and the refund! Ipostparcels seem to care not one jot about upholding their end of the bargain and refunding me the money even though I have done everything I should have within the time frame laid out in their T&C's

As a side note they have deleted all my many previous orders and consignment history on my account on their website - almost like they have wanted to hide the purchase? Everything I posted with them in the past is gone, searching brings up nothing! I posted loads in December with them - about £600 of goods in total and each and everyone of them has gone from history - wiped! They have also changed the tracking info of the lost parcel to "Delayed"

Fed up now - im thinking this may need to go to small claims court...

Hi I sympathise with your problem.

I have worked in the courier, parcel industry for over

25 years. Companies and individuals despatch parcels

Under Conditions of carriage which define limitations of liability. This gives the extent you will be compensated.

It's usually by weight ie £13.00 per kilo.

In a loss situation you submit a claim and it is settled or other circumstances reject the claim.

I would contact the head office in writing explaining,you will be contacting the media and your MP . The small claim court procedure in MHO is a waste of time. As they will quote the contract conditions if carriage. A ex gratia payment is your best bet.

Regards

Cad

Hi I sympathise with your problem.

I have worked in the courier, parcel industry for over

25 years. Companies and individuals despatch parcels

Under Conditions of carriage which define limitations of liability. This gives the extent you will be compensated.

It's usually by weight ie £13.00 per kilo.

In a loss situation you submit a claim and it is settled or other circumstances reject the claim.

I would contact the head office in writing explaining,you will be contacting the media and your MP . The small claim court procedure in MHO is a waste of time. As they will quote the contract conditions if carriage. A ex gratia payment is your best bet.

Regards

Cad

Sorry missed you had extra insurance, puts a bit of a different perspective, and continue as I advised.

However you may have case in court now.

• 3 years later...

Hi, I have a similar problem with ipostparcels. they have lost my parcel and they don't want to give me my money back, even if I have subscribed their insurance in case of lost.... Did you manage to get compensation? If not, may we do a class action against them?

I cannot contact you by a private message because I am new on the website. Could you please send me your email so we could get in contact? I will explain you my story with ipostparcels. Thank you in advice