style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2381 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was caught shoplifting while on the self service till at sainsburys,

I have done it before in other stores and am truly ashamed of myself.

I'm never going to do it again,

I'm a student and I'm getting worried that they will circulate my photo and check other stores cctv?

Is this likely to happen,

A manager was not called just security guard who took my name and address.

I'm aware that a collection company will ask for money from me and I'm aware of how to handle them.

The police were not called I received a letter of banning me.

The goods were fine and I'd bought other items just put the chicken in my bag.

How likely is it they will look at other cctv from other stores once someone recognises me?

Really worries and any information would do, this is my first time aswel.

They wont. Stop shoplifting, stay away from that store and get on with your life. They dont have a wall full of photos, and im pretty certain that none of their staff will remember your face enough if you go to another store. They certainly dont have face recognition software.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

The store I was caught in is 5 minutes from y local, if they sent my picture to them I'm worries they'll recognise me.

Thanks for the fast reply,

And yeah I'm never doing it again I was just being stupid and never plan on feeling how I do now again.

no!!

start a new thread

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks, it's literally just reassurance I needed getting too worries about it.

Gonna do my best to forget it and never do it again.

Just seems like if my picture was sent, they'd know me and check if I'd done it in their store?.. The more I think it the more reasonable it seems to happen

Hi and welcome to CAG

I have moved your post from the end of an existing thread to a thread of its own so that you don't get missed. You need do nothing (except post of course)

Hold fire for the letter then come back to us.

And no, the police will not get involved now. Security had their chance and decided not to take it. Their problem, not yours.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Very very doubtful theyll send a pic, and even more doubtful the guards at the other store will know its you. They dont have a wall of pictures. They wont spend hours matching up facial images to the thousands of people that go through their doors.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

How do I start a thread? I was caught shoplifting while on the self service till at sainsburys,

The goods were fine and I'd bought other items just put the chicken in my bag.

How exactly were you caught, was it the chicken you didn't pay for

And when exactly did you put the chicken in to your bag

You'll be fine, large retail companies have no interest circulating photos of a small value theft relating to food stolen for personal usage, even if you have been doing it for a while.

You must stop shoplifting though, times are tough for many people, you risk ending up with a criminal record for theft, which really would ruin your future employment chances. Not to mention the social stigma attached with people who steal, being banned from stores, it's really not worth it.

However, stop worrying about it. You've been caught, the store has dealt with the situation, you'll find they've probably forgotten you exist now, after all shops and security must see many people in the same predicament every week. Ignore any demands for any sums of money, they're completely unenforceable and have no basis in law or reality.

Get on with your life.

Very very doubtful theyll send a pic, and even more doubtful the guards at the other store will know its you. They dont have a wall of pictures.

Some do! I have seen several 'walls of shame' in my time, although it is by no means commonplace...

They wont spend hours matching up facial images to the thousands of people that go through their doors.

Not aware of it in Sainsburys, but at least one group now uses face recognition cameras in some stores which trigger management alarms and switch cameras to track movement through the store

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

• 2 years later...