Welcome Finance PPI for pre-2000 loans info here

hollieollo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2122 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I`ll be brief because I suspect this subject has been discussed elsewhere,

however I have trawled through pages of threads without success.

I have received my SAR from Welcome Finance for the five loans and HP I had with them from 1999 through to 2002.

Aviva have paid up £1700 PPI redress for one of the post 2000 loans

but are refusing to pay for the other post 2000 HP Loan as they say the PPI was clearly evident on the form.

What they have done in error is state that I was in full time employment.

I was working full time, but I was self-employed as a trade plate driver for United Fleet Distribution.

That was why I went to Welcome in the first place because they were the only loan company who would lend to me

because of my employment status.

they gerrymandered the forms saying that I was working full time, without saying I was self-employed.

I am going to challenge Aviva on this second PPI refusal.

However, my question refers to the other 3 loans which were taken out prior to 2000.

Aviva say they were not the underwriters at that time.

Other threads on here suggest that the FSCS are only taking responsibility for post 2005 Welcome loans.

So who do I claim against for the 3 pre-2000 loans?

I know from the SAR documents that PPI was charged and the amounts involved.

However, I do not know who was the underwriter.

Furthermore, I actually signed the documents at the Welcome Finance offices in Stockport and not at any brokers or loan brokers offices.

I am hoping someone on here might save me the time and trouble and point me in the right direction.

If it cannot be done, well I will have to lump it,

but I now have the proof that PPI was charged on all 3 of the pre-2000 loans.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi,

I didn't claim for the Welcome pre-2000 loans because it was not stated who was the underwriter. I might have another look at it though, thanks.

Regarding the Aviva one, it was a HP loan with the PPI front loaded and interest charged monthly. This has been in the hands of the Ombudsman since January 2015. However they have recently sent me a decision which was not to uphold my complaint. When I read the adjudicator`s reasons, it was clear he had not read any of my submissions properly, so I rang them to complain. In the meantime I revisited my correspondence with Aviva, and having scrutinised it thoroughly, I found a written admission that Welcome had told them that they had never discussed PPI with me at any time when signing for loans, including this HP loan.

With that and some other damning facts, the lady sent me an appeal form.

Within 2 days I had a call to say that a senior adjudicator had reversed the decision and upheld my complaint. The letter to Aviva, a copy of which was sent to me, made damning reading, to the point that the lady in question suggested that any appeal would be futile and gave them 10 days to make me an offer.

I am still waiting for a letter from Aviva, but the bank holiday has intervened. I will post their reply as soon as it arrives.

If you have an address for the Lloyds Insurers who dealt with Welcome I would greatly appreciate it.

Regards

Chris

Have you got an address for Lloyds?

Regards

Chris

Hi, I have just seen your message; I do have an address amidst paperwork and will dig it out tomorrow for you; I too have asked for my claim to be revisited as it was declined by an adjudicator who I believe has not addressed all the issues surrounding my claim, now another waiting game; good luck with yours, Ameeta

Hi, the email address is [email protected]

Nicola Hills case complaints officer - 0207 327 5693

The society of Lloyds wrote to me staying Aviva were the underwriters and I did give this info to the Ombudsmans to no avail, they said it was out of time and I still cannot understand why because I was forced to take the ppi and when I neede it the most during illness just after childbirth they refused to pay out; the Ombudsman is currently relooking at the complaint that was declined by them last year, good luck and I hope this helps

Hi All,

After a bit of research it seems that the loan in question (taken out in March 2000) was underwritten by 3 different underwriters. Lloyds syndicate 582 (AA Cassidy & others) 40%. SCOR UK limited 35% and Zurich Insurance 25%.

I have emailed the complaints department of all parties with my name, dob and welcome financial ac number. I have requested repayment of premiums plus 8% interest since the PPI was mis sold. I have asked that the complaint be forwarded to the relevant department for a response.

My question now is this. If, as I expect, they simply say no or ' too long ago' or Welcome was not 'regulated' at the time. - this is the reason the FOS won't take it on, can I simply issue a money claim in the small claims court against all three companies, using the details on companies house for the name of their managing director/registered address. ?

This may be very simplistic but in my mind, regardless of regulation, time, etc, these people still took a lot of money from me under false pretences . I was told that it was an obligatory part of the loan, that I couldn't have the loan without the repayments being 'protected'

I was not aware that it was completely unsuitable for me as I have been a civil servant since 1996 have full sick pay for 6 months and 6 months half pay. On top of that, my pre existing health condition (since age 24 (was 32 at time of loan) would have precluded any claim.

Excellent work. I hope you get the answer you want. In the meantime, I will have to speak to the adjudicator in my case this week, so I will ask her about this. Any useful information I will post on here.

My question now is this. If, as I expect, they simply say no or ' too long ago' or Welcome was not 'regulated' at the time. - this is the reason the FOS won't take it on, can I simply issue a money claim in the small claims court against all three companies, using the details on companies house for the name of their managing director/registered address. ?

Hi,

I had a few loans that were not regulated ect from 2004 which the FOS would not take on, despite being told many times by the companies involved that they would defend any court claims I made and they were adamant they would not pay back any PPI or interest stating they would get the claims thrown out of court as they were statute barred and not regulated ect ect.

I issued three court claims and each time I was paid in full before the court calling dates.

This was in Scotland so I'm not so sure how you would go about it in England but would thinks it's well worth a shot.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi All,

After a bit of research it seems that the loan in question (taken out in March 2000) was underwritten by 3 different underwriters. Lloyds syndicate 582 (AA Cassidy & others) 40%. SCOR UK limited 35% and Zurich Insurance 25%.

I have emailed the complaints department of all parties with my name, dob and welcome financial ac number. I have requested repayment of premiums plus 8% interest since the PPI was mis sold. I have asked that the complaint be forwarded to the relevant department for a response

This may be very simplistic but in my mind, regardless of regulation, time, etc, these people still took a lot of money from me under false pretences . I was told that it was an obligatory part of the loan, that I couldn't have the loan without the repayments being 'protected'

I was not aware that it was completely unsuitable for me as I have been a civil servant since 1996 have full sick pay for 6 months and 6 months half pay. On top of that, my pre existing health condition (since age 24 (was 32 at time of loan) would have precluded any claim.

Hi, my loan was taken out in May 2000 and the underwriters were the same as yours however when I contacted each underwriter they said that Aviva were responsible, The society if Lloyds wrote to me stating this; I gave the Ombudsman this info and they still did not uphold my complaint saying it was out of time; I have asked for the complaint to be looked at again but don't hold much hope

Hi, my loan was taken out in May 2000 and the underwriters were the same as yours however when I contacted each underwriter they said that Aviva were responsible, The society if Lloyds wrote to me stating this; I gave the Ombudsman this info and they still did not uphold my complaint saying it was out of time; I have asked for the complaint to be looked at again but don't hold much hope

Forgot to mention AA Cassidy are Welcome Finance - they share the same address, tel no etc, hope this helps and good luck

• 2 years later...
Hi,

I had a few loans that were not regulated ect from 2004 which the FOS would not take on, despite being told many times by the companies involved that they would defend any court claims I made and they were adamant they would not pay back any PPI or interest stating they would get the claims thrown out of court as they were statute barred and not regulated ect ect.

I issued three court claims and each time I was paid in full before the court calling dates.

This was in Scotland so I'm not so sure how you would go about it in England but would thinks it's well worth a shot.

Hello i know this was a while ago but i was wondering if you could tell me if any of the companies you took to court were loylds as underwriters against welcome finance (my loan is from march 1999)

or if the companies were based in england but you were able to persue them in scotland

thanks for any help you can give kenny

Threads 2yrs old

Start a new thread

Of your own please

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hello i know this was a while ago but i was wondering if you could tell me if any of the companies you took to court were loylds as underwriters against welcome finance (my loan is from march 1999)

or if the companies were based in england but you were able to persue them in scotland

thanks for any help you can give kenny

Hello and Welcome Kenny,

The companies I took to court were not connected to Lloyds or Welcome Finance but they were based in England and it was possible to persue them from Scotland.

Two of the claims were Small Claims actions and the other was an Ordinary Cause action.

As dx100 as suggested it would be better if you started a new thread on your case.

Regards,

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert