Second letter received from PWE - I never got the first one! - ** CANCELLED BY PWE **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3383 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

does anyone know if Parking with Ease still manage this car park ? or do Lowther Estates now manage it

reason is I've had a 2nd letter from PWE, never received a first one, that I owe them £50 for a 44 second overstay !!!!!

I was going to email Lowther to see what they have to say

any thoughts ? .....

you will need to tell us what has occurred so we can give specific advice but it begs the question how you manage to measure a 44 second overstay when the time measured must be the time parked so any demand using an ANPR system must take that into account.

Tell us everything.

Hi there, sorry didn't realise I had to start a new thread many apologies :oops:

So the story is I get home yesterday to a letter from 'Park with Ease' stating a parking charge that remains unpaid :-

details as follows

Vehicle reg @@ @@ @@@

Site Name : White Moss

Period of parking: Sun, 09 Nov 2014 12.52:35 to Sun 09 2014 13.13:19

Reason for Issue:Non Payment of parking

Amount of charge: £50

So the difference in times is 20 mins & 44 seconds

+ PWE also misspelt my name so I was also wondering if I could send their letter back stating person unknown at this address & they also state that this is the second letter dated 07/01/15 I never received the first one :???:

I've read in previous threads that this Car Park is now owned by Lowther Estates would it be worth contacting them ?

any advice is much appreciated as I've not had to deal with anything like this before :|

so ANPR and data capture which means they ahve to send out the demand to the keeper within 12 days after the date of the supposed event that caused the demand. They have 2 days for service so a fortnight to get you the letter. PWE often fail to do this and then claim otherwise. Now, if it was supposed to be a windscreen ticket then they have to issue claim to keeper bewteen 29 and 56 days after the event and invite them to name the driver or pay up. Again they are timed out having taken more than 60 days to make their claim. There are other threads abouit this same car park and the same problems.

I would respond by saying that the provisions of para 8 and para 9 of the PoFA have not been met and therefore there is no keeper liability and that they should desist from further contact with you.

Change of ownership or management doesnt affect an contract from the past so no point contacting lowther, they cant help.

many thanks Ericsbrother, I've had a look at the PoFA & is this the relevent section

"Section 9

(4)The notice must be given by—

(a)handing it to the keeper, or leaving it at a current address for service for the keeper, within the relevant period; or

(b)sending it by post to a current address for service for the keeper so that it is delivered to that address within the relevant period.

(5)The relevant period for the purposes of sub-paragraph (4) is the period of 14 days beginning with the day after that on which the specified period of parking ended."

regards awf67

just to update this

I sent an email last Wednesday 14/01/15, Ironically the first letter dated 22 December 2014 arrived the same day

just stating that

1) That I had only just received there first letter dated the 22 December

2) They got my name wrong on every occasion

3) That I had exited the car park in the 20th minute & not the 21st minute

I hadn't gone into details of section 8 & 9 the PoFA, that was my next move....

however I've just received an email from PWE, very brief but to the point :-

Thank you for your email. As you were over the 20 min allowed this is the reason for the charge. We have however on this occasion as a gesture of goodwill cancelled the charge.

Many thanks to those who replied to this thread your advice was appreciated :thumb: