• Tweets

• The NTK is pretty good at complying with the Act  as is the Notice to Driver so no help there. I seem to remember OPS getting hammered by a Judge [in brighton I think] so they seem to have tightened po their act since. The organ grinder is the MA and the monkey is OPS.
    • @jk2054 and @BankFodder - Your feedbacks in posts #199 and #202 have been incorporated into the attached WS. As usual, amends are in blue in this draft. Based on other WS drafts I've seen where the issues in dispute are part of the WS, I built my first draft WS in the same format and hadn't seen it to be an issue before. You will notice that the 'witness statement' has been replaced with 'Claimant's Statement' so that issues in dispute does not need to be on a separate page before the WS. This is especially given the work that has gone in to reduce the size of the WS to 8 pages. Also thanks for the suggestions re: confidentiality - I agree with your views and will stand firm on this if a condition of confidentiality is brought up. I have not been approached by Evri on this forum or by email. I haven't yet had success in paying the hearing fee. I am calling the court as often as I can (during work breaks/lunch etc.) and have sent 2 emails to the court requesting a call back. If i don't have any success by the end of this week, I'll send another email chasing for a call back. @BankFodder - Also attached is an invoice from Packlink which shows that I was charged by Packlink for these services: "drop-off at EVRi - Next day delivery" and "Proof of Delivery". It also has the payer's address and there are "Origin" and "Destination" fields which have the postcode of the sender and the recipient (I have redacted personal details in the attached invoice).  I am already including this in my evidence bundle (without the redaction) but wanted to share this redacted version so that other people can consider this as example in their bundle of Packlink and Evri's contract being instigated by the sender of the parcel who has paid for the service, and further shows that there is information in the invoice to identify that a third party beneficiary (sender / recipient) is present in the contract between Packlink and Evri. If this invoice is no good, then please let me know / delete it from this post. Draft - Witness Statement and Court Bundle redacted.pdf Packlink invoice - REDACTED.pdf
    • It can be frustrating when clients fail to pay for services or products rendered, ignore payment reminders, or claim an inability to pay. How quick do you pass to a Debt Collection Agency like www.corporatedebtrecovery.co.uk 
    • The Court s pretty informal. The Judge [who you call "Judge" rather than Sir or madam] will not be wearing a wig and gown just a suit and it is advisable that you do the same and a tie. Other than that the Judge will do most of the talking .If they haven't received a WS from the scrotes either the case will probably be thrown out straight away. Usually the Judge will ask their lawyer a number of questions then ask for your take on things and then the case will be decided.  UKPC 0 Mystic Bertie 5. Then ask for your expenses time off work [if not being paid by your company while in Court, travelling and parking costs and occasionally they will allow something like 5 hours research at I think £8 per hour. Later celebrate and post us the result and how much fun it was. You will wonder  why you worried about it so much. Next time will be much easier.🙂
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

JSA Reduced Payment Help

drob
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3371 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I attended an interview in October with Argos for a temporary position but that's as far as it went.

I have received a letter from the Department for Work & Pensions informing me that they are using information received regarding my income that has been given to the HM Revenue & Customs. The Department for Work & Pensions have reduced my JSA to £38.33 as they claim I am receiving on average £39.07 per week from my employment with Argos

I have never worked for Argos paid or unpaid so I rang the DWP to see what was going on. They told me to either get a letter from Argos confirming that I have never worked for them and ring the HM Revenue & Customs.

Firstly I rang the HMRC who told me that they don't know where the DWP have got their information wrong as it's incorrect. So i then rang the DWP back to tell them and they got very stroppy and told me to go to my local Jobcente and complete a MF47 statement to confirm I have never worked for Argos. The DWP also said they still need a letter from Argos. I reiterated that I have never worked for Argos so how can I approach them for a letter. I also said that you the DWP have made a false accusation so how on earth can I be penalised for your error..... didn't go down to well!

Went to my local Jobcentre, completed the MF47 statement and they scanned it and sent it off for me via email.

I then contacted Argos to see if they would put together a letter and they said in general the DWP will contact them direct if they want any information and the request must come from them.

I telephoned the DWP again today to chase things up and they told me where is the letter from Argos. I told them that the request must come from the DWP and was then told "we don't do the chasing". I then asked what has happened to the MF47 statement. "What MF47 statement" was the reply, we have no records of it.

I then went on a rant as I have £3.82 to last me through Christmas for something that Is not my fault and is obviously an error by the DWP. The lady I spoke to just said I will email someone and get them to call you. (Still Waiting for the Call).

Honestly I am flabbergasted on how they are dealing with this matter and how unhelpful the DWP are being.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Usually I'm quite tolerant of DWP errors - they're rarely malicious and it's a huge department, etc etc.

But this is pretty spectacular. I would certainly be chasing up that missed callback, perhaps asking to speak to a manager there. But really, I think it might be time to have a word with your MP - one of their jobs is to help you with situations like this.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Sounds like a Real Time Information case Antone.

In which case Argos have provided the HMRC with details of wages paid & this in turn is passed to the DWP FEPS to correct benefit payments.

Its then passed onto FES & there will probably be a note on system stating not to discuss anything with the customer whilst FES are involved.

The next part may vary from area to area. Many of these cases involve relatively small overpayments that would normally be passed to Compliance. However 50% Administrative Penalties are suddenly important again so FES are under pressure to keep many of them.

Some of the cases will involve employers providing HMRC with the wrong Nino (normally one digit out) or some other simple error, but nearly all should be correct. If an error is discovered the case should be sent back to FEPS to sort out.

These kind of cases should start cropping up more often and I understand views on how to deal with them are changing on a regular basis.

- The DWP have made the error by acting upon incorrect information they have received from HMRC.

- HMRC have confirmed verbally that the DWP are acting on incorrect information.

- DWP are placing the burden of proof in my direction, I have nothing to prove as it's a DWP error.

A few years ago I used to work as a payroll administrator and whenever the DWP/Jobcentre wanted any information regarding an employee they would simply fax a request for information, the information would be supplied and faxed back, So for the DWP to tell me it's not their responsibility to contact Argos is a Joke and an utter disgrace.

I rang the DWP again this morning to chase this and was told that because I hadn't received a callback within the 3 hour time-frame the matter will be escalated and that someone will call back within the next hour.. The chap i spoke to also said "I don't know what is going on but you are not alone and this sort of problem seems to be happening quite often"

Finally had a callback from DWP ....

They have received the MK47 statement and will pass it on to the relevant department who will then investigate the matter, unfortunately they are not able to give me a time-frame for this matter to be resolved.

I was then asked, "why have you contacted Argos if you have never worked for them" erm..... because you advised me to, to get a letter stating that I never worked for Argos.

I have never dealt with anyone who is so abrupt or incompetent ....so frustrated!!!

I am still waiting for this to be sorted and starting to get very angry...

I rang this morning only to be told that they are still waiting for some information and the matter has been escalated and still are unable to give me a time frame before the matter is resolved.

I just can't get my head round the fact that the DWP have caused me hardship through no fault of mine and are acting on inaccurate information from HMRC...

IS there an appeal process to being? Watch time frames. IS there a mandatory reconsideration you should do.

Time to start following the process to avoid running out of time on appeals etc

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

IS there an appeal process to being? Watch time frames. IS there a mandatory reconsideration you should do.

Time to start following the process to avoid running out of time on appeals etc

On the letter I received it stated...

What to do if you think this decision is wrong

If you think the decision is wrong, please get in touch with us by telephone or in writing, within one month of the date of this letter. You can appeal against the decision, but cannot appeal until we have looked at the decision again, we call this Mandatory Reconsideration

The letter is dated 15th December, I received the letter on 18th December and telephoned them on 19th December to tell them that they have got it wrong.

Get in touch NOW in writing demanding a mandatory reconsideration. Send it from a post office and get proof of postage.

Get this done so they receive it before the time runs out.

Time to collect a paper trail.

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Get in touch NOW in writing demanding a mandatory reconsideration. Send it from a post office and get proof of postage.

Get this done so they receive it before the time runs out.

Time to collect a paper trail.

- I have been ringing them daily since Friday 19th...

- I have supplied a MF47 statement as they requested, this was scanned and emailed to them from my local Jobcentre...

- The DWP have made the error by acting upon incorrect information they have received from HMRC...

- After a short call to the HMRC they confirmed verbally that the DWP are acting on incorrect information... If i can get this information from the HMRC in a matter of minutes, why is it taking the DWP days to get the information...

I have also contacted my local MP today, however I suspect he is still on his Christmas holidays until next week.

Do things in writing so they can be presented in an appeal

Verbal over the phone means nothing.

Do not get strung along till the point comes where they turn round and say "tough luck your out of time to appeal"

Follow the process

Hello there.

I agree with Sabre Sheep, in writing is much better. If you really feel you must ring, at least note the time and date that you ring and take a note of the name of the person you speak to.

HB

Haven't I got to wait until they have looked at it again and responded before I can appeal??? At the moment they are still investigating. I have supplied a MF47 statement as they requested, this was scanned and emailed to them from my local Jobcentre.

What upsets me is that they have acted upon incorrect information and have no hesitation in making accusations, cutting my JSA and forcing me into hardship.

From what I can work out a MF47 is a Compliance process NOT an APPEAL PROCESS

Demand a mandatory reconsideration

Then If not resolved, begin the Appeal. Where you can present your bank statements etc and force them to prove their case that you have been working. (When you have not)

The problem is working outside these procedures can make things even more complicated and increases the chances of them running you around till you are out of time.

The procedures (Mandatory Reconsideration and Appeal) are all time bound. If they do nto follow these procedures a complaint of maladministration can be made against them which has negative repurcussions for them. However just talking over the phone withotu a paper trail means there is little you can do when they run you around in circles. The papertrail by doing everything in writing means that you have evidence you can produce at an appeal.

Haven't I got to wait until they have looked at it again and responded before I can appeal???

Asking (demanding) for a mandatory reconsideration in writing is just one step to back up the verbal request made over the phone. If the MR process has already started, the letter may focus their attention. Putting the request in writing (as others have already pointed out) leaves a paper trail that can not be ignored if you need to take it to the next stage.

You can either post the letter and get proof of posting, or take it (along with a copy) to your local Job Centre and hand it over and get someone to sign & date the copy as proof of receipt. Personally, I prefer the second option as it scuppers any future claims that they didn't receive the letter.

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

It took me less that 20 minutes to call HM Revenue & Customs and for them to confirm that the DWP have made the error by acting upon incorrect information. The HM Revenue & Customs exact words where "Don't know where the DWP have got their information from, but it's incorrect". So if it took me 20 minutes to get this information, then why is it taking several days for the DWP to check again with HM Revenue & Customs?

The whole process just winds me up. You ring and then they have to get someone to call you back within 3 hours. As yet I have never received a call back within the 3 hours and have had to chase them. When you chase them they say that they have tried to call but couldn't get through, which is a blatant lie. I was told today that they are meant to try 3 times to call you back, it doesn't happen once never mind 3 times!!

I will ring again on Friday and if they still have not sorted this out then on Monday I will go down to my Jobcentre and I will demand a mandatory reconsideration in writing.

Update

So, I rang the DWP again this morning to chase this up and I don't know why I put myself through it as they just wind me up!!!! As yet they are unable to give me an update and in her very own words "You are aware their have been a few bank holidays Sir, so it's inevitable of delays getting this sorted"

So, the next time I sign on at the Jobcentre and when they say that you haven't applied for many jobs over the festive period do you think I will get away with saying "You are aware their have been a few bank holidays"?

Every time I ring the DWP they ask for a contact number, however they never ring me back and I end up chasing them. Today, I asked them to confirm my contact number they have and read back a completely different number ....... UTTER & TOTAL INCOMPETENCE.

You could of course STOP talking to them on the phone.

Others and I have told u to do everything via writing with proof of postage for a reason.

your getting frustraighted for EXACTLY those same reasons.

You could of course STOP talking to them on the phone.

Others and I have told u to do everything via writing with proof of postage for a reason.

your getting frustraighted for EXACTLY those same reasons.

I am going to send a 1st Class Recorded letter on Monday...

If u want help with wording post a draft here so others cam offer feedback

If u want help with wording post a draft here so others cam offer feedback

Should I keep the letter short and sweet, just listing the reasons why their decision is wrong? or should I list everything that has happened in the letter?

Ok, I have put together a draft letter and would welcome any comments or observations before I post on Monday....

Re: Written Mandatory Reconsideration

Dear Integrity Centre Manager

I am writing in response to your letter dated 15 December 2014 informing me that you have reviewed my claim for Jobseeker’s Allowance and advised me that entitlement has changed from 04 December 2014 to £38.33 per week.

Your reason given for the change to my entitlement is that you claim to be using information about my income given to HM Revenue & Customs by Argos Ltd and that you contend that I have an average income from Argos Ltd of £39.07 per week.

Also in your letter you state that if I thought that the decision was wrong I must get in touch with you either verbally or in writing within one month of the date of the letter. On 18th December 2014 I telephoned you to verbally ask you to look at your decision again and I was advised that I would receive a call back from the relevant department regarding this matter.

On 19th December 2014 I received a call back and was told that in October 2014 I received a payment of approximately £156.28 from Argos Ltd and that this information had been received from HM Revenue & Customs. I again reiterated that I have not done any paid or unpaid work for Argos Ltd. I was then told that I would need to obtain letters from Argos Ltd and HM Revenue & Customs to confirm that I have not been employed by Argos Ltd.

Also on 19th December 2014 I telephoned HM Revenue & Customs who advised me verbally that they do not know where the Department for Work & Pensions have got their information from as it's incorrect. I then telephoned Argos Ltd to ask for a letter to confirm that I have not done any paid or unpaid work for them. Argos Ltd informed me that any requests for information must come from the Department for Work & Pensions.

I then telephoned you again to inform you of the information that I had received from HM Revenue & Customs and Argos Ltd. I was then abruptly told to go to my local Jobcente and complete a MF47 statement to confirm I have never worked for Argos Ltd.

On 19th September a MF47 statement was completed at my local Jobcentre, the document was scanned and emailed to you and a hard copy of the statement was posted to you.

As I have not received a response regarding my verbal request to for you to look at your decision again I now putting my request in writing.

Reasons why I think your decision is wrong

a) I have not done any paid or unpaid work for Argos Ltd.

b) I did not receive a payment of £156.28 from Argos Ltd in October 2014.

c) I have not done any paid or unpaid work since May 2014.

d) The information that you have based your decision on from HMRC is inaccurate.

I have attached to this letter my bank statement for October 2014 which clearly shows that I have not received any payment from Argos Ltd.

In Summary the Department for Work & Pensions have made an assumption on incorrect information and have forced me in to unnecessary hardship.

Yours Faithfully

drob

Your reason given for the change to my entitlement is that you claim to be using information about my income given to HM Revenue & Customs by Argos Ltd and that you contend that I have an average income from Argos Ltd of £39.07 per week.

Slight edit. Your original wording suggests that the information provided by HMRC was correct.

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Slight edit. Your original wording suggests that the information provided by HMRC was correct.

Thank you for taking time to proof read my letter to the DWP. I have made the slight edit that you have suggested.