• Tweets

• sounds pretty typical. scan everything up to ONE multipage PDf please follow upload we dont need any statements. dx  
    • Participants can get £50 - but must permanently consent to the retailer using their personal data.View the full article
    • Documents arrived today dated 27th March.  This is a cc taken out a long time ago (2008) and they don't seem to have been able to provide a copy of a CCA agreement, just reams of print outs of lines of texts from old bank statements, default notices etc.   
    • Documents finally arrived today from PRA group.  New day have sent me lots of paperwork, copies of default letters and statements, print out of what looks like a CCA that would have been completed on online, IP address as signature.  This debt is not too old, so possible this is the true copy of agreement ?  Not sure what my defence would be beyond irresponsible lending. 
    • pers i wouldn't.. all you need to know is in the posts of that thread....that being section 127(3) of the CCA refers. if under a CCA return, the 'creditor' claims its a recon, it must not contain any details like a sig, tickbox, or typed name (whether you signed physically or by online tickbox) 1. those are not necessary in a recon, so why inc them? (faked??) 2, it cant thus be a recon!!, it must be a copy of the 'original' from the original creditor, not from a debt buyers filing cabinet. they shouldn't not be 'mixing' some original docs from the OC with crap from their filing cabinet, claiming its ALL a recon! because some of it is faked. just remember there are far more docs like NOA and a DN that are as equally important to a court claim of 'this debt is enforceable'. never rely solely upon the dodgy agreement argument.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Hp (knowhow) repeated repair faliure and dissapointment.

sharemaster2
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3384 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have this problem with both HP and their repair centre in Newark.

I have a HP pavilion DV7 17" screen, Windows 7 64-bit SP1, 2.00GHz, 8.0GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 3000 Laptop that is about 3 years old.

Recently I started having this problem with the Laptop.

Once I shut the Laptop down or put it to sleep or hibernation mode, and try to start it up again, it simply will not boot back up at all. I have to leave it and come back to it after four to seven hours and then it will boot up normally.

If after 20 minutes of the Laptop being on and in use, you hibernate, shut down or put the laptop in to sleep mode then it will not power back on till after 7 to 8 hours later. Nothing you do will get it back on sooner. There is power to the Laptop in the meantime.

This is increasingly difficult for me as it means once the Laptop is powered on and in use, I have to leave it powered on all day till night time when I have to shut it down and come back to it in the morning and power it back on again.

I took this to a local IT repair person on the streets and they were not able to resolve the problem and mentioned I have to send it to HP to fix, I took the Laptop back to PC world where I bought it three years earlier and (knowhow) charged me £50 just to send it up to their repair centre in newark, the Laptop is no longer in warranty by the way.

When the repair centre started working on it, they called me to confirm that the system board of the Laptop needs to be changed to resolve this issue, I had no choice but accept for this to be changed at a further cost of £95.

This was done, sent back to the pc world (knowhow) branch I took it in to in the first place. I checked the pc, powered it on at the shop, it came on as normal so I signed for it and took it home.

A day later, I discovered that I still had the problem with the Laptop not booting up after a few minutes of it being in use.

I tried to boot it up and the laptop will not boot up, I was basically back to square one with all the cost I have incurred so far.

After 5 days or so, I took the Laptop back to (knowhow) and advised them the Laptop with all the repairs so far, has not resolved the issue and also one of the keyboard buttons was faulty which I mentioned to them as well, the Laptop was taken off me and sent back to the HP repair centre in newark and came back almost two weeks later with the keyboard changed and looking new. Please note that this second for free as under the terms of the first repair, I have a guarantee of three months which covered me for the second time around.

Anyway, after a few days later, the power problem was still there, once the Laptop is either hibernated, shutdown or put in to sleep mode after it has been on for up to half an hour or more, the unit will remain shut down and cannot be powered on by the power button of the Laptop till after 5- 8 hours later then the power button will now responds to power on the Laptop.

This is now my third time of having this same issue and need to know what options are available to me as this has cost me both time and money so far.

It seems to me there is a heating mechanism or component that heats up once the Laptop is powered on and only when this cools down is when the power buttons becomes effective again.

The Laptop is useable when on and working but becomes such a pain once you close the lid or power it off, which means it has to be left on all day till night time when I want to go to bed then I can shut it down boot it up in the morning if need be with no problems but have to leave it powered on all day again.

This is not acceptable to me. When using the Laptop and there is any software or programme that needs to be updated on the laptop, I cannot reboot or shut it down as it becomes unusable till several hours later.

I hope I made myself clear as to the problem I am having.

Summary:

Laptop once shutdown does not boot up till several hours later.

Laptop out of original warranty when bought but not old as only about three years old, windows 7.

Been to HP knowhow repairs centre twice and components changed at my cost but still problem above persists.

When in Hibernate or Sleep mode, the standby light keeps flashing but the power on button not responsive to the unit.

Seems there is overheating - but Fan is fine - causing this issue that has to cool down first for normal boot up.

There is a three months warranty in place from the first Job done by the HP repair Centre which covers me for three months.

Monetary cost to me so far is £145 pounds and five weeks loss of use as it takes two to three weeks get back from knowhow.

Thanks and hope to see the responses I get from you all savvy people.

:o :o :lol: :D :D

More Power to the PEOPEL!! LONG LIVE the CAG!!!

Hi sharemaster

You purchased it 3 years ago, how did you pay for it? i.e. Credit Card

You shouldn't of paid anything for the repairs if there was a manufacturing fault.

The SOGA 1974 would apply, it's your statutory rights.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/sale-of-goods-act

Hi sharemaster

You purchased it 3 years ago, how did you pay for it? i.e. Credit Card

You shouldn't of paid anything for the repairs if there was a manufacturing fault.

The SOGA 1974 would apply, it's your statutory rights.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/sale-of-goods-act

Just a note though, I do not have the receipts of purchase any more though but dealing with the same pc world I bought it from and do believe they should have the details of the purchase on their own records. Question, will they be willing to print me out a free receipt of proof of purchase if I am getting legal with them? I sure would not if I were in their shoes!! I paid for the Laptop in CASH too which I now can see was a mistake, should have used my debit card at least.

I will slowly start getting some legal letters and emails ready and if there are any more pointers on this, please feel free to mention them to me.

Very Many Thanks Indeed to you and all the others that have responded to me so far.biggrin.pngrollin.gif

Thanks for your advice anyway.

:o :o :lol: :D :D

More Power to the PEOPEL!! LONG LIVE the CAG!!!

Hi Sharemaster

Debit Card wouldn't assist under the circumstances. You've got two issues, to seek a replacement and a refund of the monies paid for the repair.

How did you pay for the repair? Credit Card or Debit Card? When exactly did you make the payment?

Once you've answered those questions, you can consider writing to the CEO.

Contact your Card Provider, ask to carry out a Chargeback. Follow up by amending the template, send it Recorded Delivery.

They might play 'hardball', send any evidence you have, i.e. emails, reports etc.

Explain that you should have had to pay for the repair in the first place, as you have Statutory Rights under the SOGA 1974.

Hi there,http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/problem/how-do-i-use-chargeback

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/action/letter-to-make-a-chargeback-claim-

The payment for the repair was made with a Debit Card and this was about 4 - 5 weeks ago.

Thanks once more.

Write a Formal Letter of Complaint, mark it as such. Explain what's happened (purchased laptop), how they have let you down (they've carried out multiple repairs to rectify the problem, they failed to repair the laptop) and what you want them to do (replace the laptop).

Send it to:-

Mr Sebastian James

Chief Executive

Dixons Carphone

[email protected] .uk