Bit of unusual help needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2313 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi can anyone help me trace down a toy

The backs story is that my autistic daughter had a favourite toy of a little blue stretchy dragon. Which got broken a few months ago. We had to remove it as it started leaking tiny beads

She's spent hours crying about it and ive spent months trying to get another

The toy in question is this one

http://www.amazon.in/Simba-Nature-World-Stretchable-Dragon/dp/B003ON4CQI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1418974300&sr=8-1&keywords=nature+world+dragon

It's the light blue one.

It's made by two companies simba and toy major

I've tried local shops

ebay

amazon

the seller's on the link who don't ship to UK

gumtree

pre loved

Emailed toy major directly

If anyone has any more suggestions please make them. I'm not aiming for Christmas just to get her anytime

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Have you tried contacting Starmark (the Amazon retailer) directly and asking if they could ship to the UK ?

It might get expensive....

Failing that, I might have a contact in India, but again, it could get expensive and take a while.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

starmark havent replied

the other website havent replied

i might have found a re-shipper in india just waiting on a quote

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Have you tried going to a Disney Store or contacting them to see if they could help/assist you, or even better email the CEO you never know.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

i would if it was a disney item

ive been tearing my hair out over this, might have a bit of headway with the re-shipper its likely to cost about £30 for a 99p toy but theres no way i would say no to her, just waiting on a definitate quote once they get the weight of the item

thank you to everyone whos posted so far if the re-shipper idea fails i would love any more ideas i know these used to be sold in wilkos so may email them as well

the main problem ive been having is its a gift from a person who had it as a gift its made it hard to find

Please note:

contacting now thanks

Please note:

Please do let us know if you are successful :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

contacting now thanks

Your welcome indeed!

I hope you do manage to get the Dragon.

I also agree that you may wish to buy a few extras, just in case.

As they are sold out everywhere else I looked!

Good luck!!

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single minute of it!!

was planning on getting 3

Please note:

Long shot: Try www.simbatoys.de - Contact details available for head office and regional offices around the globe.

To set rebel11 at ease, it would appear that the toy in question is CE marked and approved for sale throughout the EU (If it is still available).

contacting now

have found a similar toy for christmas, still hoping to get right one

Please note:

also contacting

thanks alot for everyone so far

Please note:

• 1 month later...

managed to get a similar one she loves, none of the simba places ever replied

Please note:

Good news on the replacement then. I had been asking in a few of the local shops on the off chance they had stock.

• 2 years later...

Just came across this news piece and thought of labrat: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-42066014

It may be possible that LittleBlueCup could help in the future if there is another loss.

Read down it and love the idea

My daughter got a stretchy lizard which she loves... but hasn't yet discovered the big bag of spares

She also has her soft toy rabbit called flower (due to the flowers in her ears) had a spare at grandma's which did get discovered along with a cry of "she's just like flower I'll call her petal"

Please note: