Sending sick notes

dch76
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3417 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I was given a 4 week sick note today and will be posting it tomorrow and am worried about posting it over the xmas period in case they dont get it in time and I dont get paid.

In the past I used to send them recorded, but every time I did that they would not get them to the right department and they were saying they hadn't received it until I rang them to tell them I had sent it recorded, so dont know what to do, because obviously I wont know if they have received it or not as they will be shut over xmas- any ideas? Thanks x

take a photocopy/scanned copy for yourself and send it through the post office. use free proof of postage form the office. (Horizon system?)

As long as you have that postage proof it is deemed served.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

My advice....take photo copy (10p charge in library), get free certificate of posting at post office. Ring dwp before they go off for xmas to chech they have it.

Recently a delay caused my neighbors certificate to be late, her money didnt get paid, but ESA were very helpful and paid her on same day.

Hope it goes ok.