Resident Parking Sign but no penalty showing?

ccholland
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3445 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Apologies if I have posted in the wrong place but I am hoping someone may be able to help please?

Today I went to pick my son up from the village primary school and I parked in the same place I have done for the last 2 years with no problem - residents seen me and said hello etc. Well today for some reason 2 separate residents decided to have a go at me abusively for parking where I was with one calling me names unprovoked and the other threatening to smash my car! I was absolutely fuming! The first person when he realised I wasn't going to back down disappeared into his house and the second person hung out of her bedroom window hurling abuse!

Normally I would ignore low lifes like this but the area is right next to the primary school where some of the kids were on the playground and could of heard her and also because of the threat to my car. I said if there is such a problem why have they not said anything before to which they didn't answer! Where I park for 10 mins max is not in anyones private parking place and the sign showing just states 'Parking for residents of West End Terrace Only' - there is nothing to say that you would be fined / towed / clamped, etc.

To this end I wondered if anyone had any thoughts on what I should do? (If anything).

Thank you.

Is West End Terrace a private road?

If not then you can tell them to get lost.

Most likely a proactive resident has put the sign up, unless the road is private land and the managing company is using that sign to deter parking.

In any case you can park there.

Hi - thanks for the quick reply - it isn't a private road (I did sort of tell her to shut up)! but was aware children could potentially hear me so watched what I said. All but one in the terrace are council properties.

Nothing stopping you reporting the resident who made the threat.

Sometimes if this keeps happening the police/pcsos will have a word

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Nothing stopping you reporting the resident who made the threat.

Sometimes if this keeps happening the police/pcsos will have a word

also consider keeping your phone set to record video

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Hi - just thought I'd let you know that I had a conversation with a lady from the local council this morning following an online complaint I made about their anti-social behaviour. To cut a long story short they are going to 'have a word' and she also confirmed that I have technically not done anything wrong in parking where I was as the sign is for advisory reasons only! She was trying to get me to make a complaint to the police (was quite insistent to be fair) - I advised I didn't wish to take it that far however if anything happens again I will think about it.

Be interesting when I go to the school later.....!

I am not going to park in that particular spot later but I also don't want them to think that the reason I have stopped parking there is because of their behaviour because they certainly don't bother me! Just don't want them to pick on someone else who may not be as 'confident' (if that's the right word) to tell them to bugger off!

Well thanks for the input yesterday anyway and if it all goes pear shaped later i'll let you know. neutral.gif