• Tweets

• I would stand your ground and go for the interest. Even if the interest is not awarded you will get the judgement and the worst that might happen is that you won't get your claim fee.  However, it is almost inevitable that you will get the interest.  It is correct that it is at the discretion of the judge but the discretion is almost always exercised in favour of the claimant in these cases.  I think you should stand your ground and don't give even the slightest penny away
    • Yep, true to form, they are happy to just save a couple of quid... They invariably lose in court, so to them, that's a win. 😅
    • Your concern regarding the 14 days delivery is a common one. Not been on the forum that long, but I don't think the following thought has ever been challenged. My view is that they should have proof of when it was posted, not when they "issued", or printed it. Of course, they would never show any proof of postage, unless it went to court. Private parking companies are simply after money, and will just keep sending ever more threatening letters to intimidate you into paying up. It's not been mentioned yet, but DO NOT APPEAL! You could inadvertently give up useful legal protection and they will refuse any appeal, because they're just after the cash...  
    • The sign says "Parking conditions apply 24/7". Mind you, that's after a huge wall of text. The whole thing is massively confusing.  Goodness knows what you're meant to do if you spend only a fiver in Iceland or you stay a few minutes over the hour there.
    • Hi and thanks It looks like they ticked all the boxes to me but I'll try and upload the notice. I was wondering if a witness to late delivery might be considered proof - I'm assuming they posted it as normal but Royal Mail stuffed up delivery. If not then they're really saying it just has to be posted within 12 days of the incident, regardless of when it is received. Annoying! edit ok thanks Honeybee here's my 2nd (actually 3rd) attempt at anonymising, copying and uploading the notice! Sorry about the state of it - I sat on it while distracted by my dog 🙃 pcn front.pdf pcn back page.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

PRINCE V's BLACK HORSE PPI REFUND

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6340 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, ( sorry this is a bit lond winded )

I sent a S.A.R request to BH and now I have received copies of the 3 loan agreements from Black Horse and also all transactions relating to each loan.

Loan 1 (No charges as all payments made on time)

Loan amount £1000 @ 59.9% APR

PPI Cost = 181.48 Interest Rate on agreement monthly 5.99% APR 59.9%

Start date of loan 09/10/00

Loan settlement 14/08/01

Orginal Loan Term 25 months @ £75.55

Looking at the transaction sheet there was £831.57 outstanding on loan but a SETTLEMENT INTEREST of £74.63 was added and also REFUND of £75.55 was also added to my outstanding balance bring the total to £981.75??? Does anyone know why these are added???

Was told on this loan no PPI no loan needed the money which is why i took it even at the crazy APR rate. Plan was to keep payments low and clear it as soon as possible therefore i had no need for PPI.

Then came loan two. went to them to reduce APR like i was told to do. I was had during the paperwork for loan one if i pay on time for a while they would give me a better rate in the future. They did that in a way of paying off current loan and reducing APR and but did it in a form of top and gave me some more cash.

Loan 2

Loan Amount £2000 @ 19.8APR

Settled old loan - £981.75

Given CHQ for difference = £1018.25

PPI Cost = £320.50

Opening Balance = £2320.50

Start of Loan 10/08/01

Loan Settled 18/06/03

Orginal Loan Term = 36 months @ £84.17

Outstanding on loan £1147.95 before adding £96 charges for returned payment fees and £52.68 Settlement interest Total to pay back £1296.63

Cant remember about even tallking about taking PPI this time, but i did make a claim so i beleive i would not be able to claim this back, Is that correct????

Loan 3

Loan Amount £2796.63 @ 30.9 APR (Back Higher due to late payment was told)

Settled Old Loan - £1296.63

CHQ received for - £1500

PPI Cost - £667.46

Opening Balance = £3464.09

Start of Loan - 18/06/03

Currently running

Orginal Loan Term - 48 months

I went self employed in march of this year and told them this in there office whislt doing this lastest top up. I was told makes no difference still need to take the PPI as i would not be able to get extra money if it was not taken. I made a claim on this loan which they paid out due to broken leg and being of work but should they have paid out because i am led to beleive if you are self employed they dont pay out?????

What i am asking for is someone out there to advise on what to do next. I am happy to claim back the charges of £96 on loan 2 but am not sure how to work the interest in which they owe me as there is no break down of their charges just a total at the end and also where i stand on claiming back PPI.

The Loan 1 should be straight forward but with the other 2 loans maybe i should forget about claiming Loan 2 back as i made a claim and with Loan 3 try to cancel it from today as i am still self employed.

All advice is welcome, thanks Mark

ps Loan 3

Currently am £236.05 in arrears which they seem to be charging me 2.26% interest monthly, and have £275 in charges accrued to date which i have to pay of at the end of loan should i complete this loan and then go for the charges later.

NATIONWIDE:

WON - 26/10/06

FULL REFUND - WITHIN 7 DAYS OF MCOL

Acknowledged - 25/10/06

MCOL Issued - 24/10/06

MCOL Sent - 23/10/06

LBA sent 01/09/06

Prelim Sent - 07/08/06

BARCLAYS BANK:

AQ sent 25/1/07

Defended on last day possible.

MCOL - Issued 13/12/06

MCOL- Sent 12/12/06

S.A.R - Sent - 25/10/2006

S/Ment rec - 4/11/06

Prelim sent - 6/11/06

BARCLAYS LOAN:

BLACK HORSE:

SETTLED IN FULL

CCA to get loan agreement info - Sent - 25/10/06

Prelim sent PPI + Charges 11/11/06

CAPITAL ONE

Prem sent 11/12/06

S/Ments Rec - 5/12/06

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) - Sent - 9/11/06

I would send in SAR to get full details of all accounts, This should show when charges were applied to your account. You will then be able to work out charges and interest..

Ian

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

Hi Reidnet,

I have already sent the S.A.R and they sent me back a copy of the loan agreement and a print off of transactions. It shows the date of when the DD was returned but not the cost of charge as there is just a running total at the end. Another site user suggested that I could add all the returned DD and divide them by the total charges and that should give me the average cost of the DD charges. Work the interest out from that would you agree.

If this is the case what rate of interest would you claim for????

Glad to hear you are feeling better,

Regards Mark

NATIONWIDE:

WON - 26/10/06

Acknowledged - 25/10/06

MCOL Issued - 24/10/06

MCOL Sent - 23/10/06

LBA sent 01/09/06

Prelim Sent - 07/08/06

BARCLAYS BANK:

AQ sent 25/1/07

MCOL - Issued 13/12/06

MCOL- Sent 12/12/06

S/Ment rec - 4/11/06

Prelim sent - 6/11/06

BARCLAYS LOAN:

BLACK HORSE:

SETTLED IN FULL

CAPITAL ONE

Prem sent 11/12/06

S/Ments Rec - 5/12/06

The interest rate that I used on charges were 8% APR from the date that the charge was applied. The 8% APR seems to be accepted without question by the courts, well here in Scotland anyway.

You could always go for Contractual Interest rate, that is the rate that they would charge you on your loan. You would have to prove to court (if it went that far) that the rate you had applied was indeed what they charge you. Ie you would need copy of their Terms & Conditions stating that Interest rate.

That is only my personal opinion, otheres may have other ideas, so maybe worth asking around too.

Ian

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

Mark in reply to your post and in my opinion:

1.Normally you would not be able to request a refund on PPI if you have had made a claim.However,if your claim is relatively small to the amount of PPI paid you may have a case.

2.If you want to claim interest on the PPI - claim it on the contractual rate.This is what I got in my refund myself.If the rate is variable aim for the highest rate but if you have one or two £30 late payment fees do not request that they refunded.It is a balancing act.In my case,I sacrificed £60 and gained over £2k - so I think I did quite well overall.

3.In order to help you with specific itemized amounts of refunds etc,I would need more information.As it stands now what you have posted to be perfectly honest and blunt with you is slightly confusing.

4.Regarding your claim and being self-employed this would depend on the terms of policy but it may have have paid you not because you are self-employed but because you became incapable of work due to accident and injury etc here - not sure here just a guess!

5.There is nothing stopping you from cancelling the PPI from now onwards.

Accordingly,you should expect the monthly instalments to decrease.

Anyway,I hope you find this information useful.

If you have any more questions,just ask.

Keep us posted.

All the best!

Hi Nightmare,

Thanks for you reply and your time.

I have read your points and would like you to help with itemized amounts of refunds. Could you please inform me of what you need to know or how to do it as i thought the figures i posted were the ones you needed.

I have since contacted Black Horse and asked when i settled one loan to take the top up loan should i receive money back on the PPI as i have paid the loan off early, i was told yes but looking at the statements they supplied one with it was clear this has not happen, during that phone call, i was told i would receive a letter from them by the end of the week clearing this matter up.

I would be happy with a received money back due to early settlement and cancel the PPI on current loan as i feel that having made claims i with at the time i did benefit from having the cover.

The main PPI refund i want back is on my Loan 1 as this is when it all started No PPI = No Loan. I made no claim on this one so i feel this is my best chance to get a full refund.

Thank again for your time.

Mp

NATIONWIDE:

WON - 26/10/06

Acknowledged - 25/10/06

MCOL Issued - 24/10/06

MCOL Sent - 23/10/06

LBA sent 01/09/06

Prelim Sent - 07/08/06

BARCLAYS BANK:

AQ sent 25/1/07

MCOL - Issued 13/12/06

MCOL- Sent 12/12/06

S/Ment rec - 4/11/06

Prelim sent - 6/11/06

BARCLAYS LOAN:

BLACK HORSE:

SETTLED IN FULL

CAPITAL ONE

Prem sent 11/12/06

S/Ments Rec - 5/12/06

Hi there

I am currently in dispute with Black Horse over PPI. I took out a loan for £15,000 and was offered a lowered interest rate if I took PPI. A year later I am selling my house and want to settle the loan. In June of this year I got a settlement figure of £15,000+ and the settlement figure now is just under £20,000. This is because I had to claim the PPI insurance when I had an illness earlier this year. They say I am getting no premiums back.

Now, I am arguing that the premiums are for the full term of the loan and if I am settling this loan early I am not having the advantage of PPI - nor do I need it for 9 years so why am I being charged for it. I would say that they can only take the premiums for the year I have already been covered plus the amount they paid out in claims. This will total at most £1500 - not £5000 that they are taking.

There is a post I have read on this forum about somebody taking a bank to court because they were forced to take out the PPI in order to get the loan. This is actually illegal and they have missold you that policy and hence you should be claiming for all the PPIs that have been sold to you under this threat.

Black Horse seem to be quite good at doing this. The PPI is never explained to you and even the manager admitted to me that he doesnt know really how it works. Eeeek!!!!!! They are selling the product so they should know exactly how it works. I would go for it and ask for am itemised breakdown of the charges under the terms of the SAR. They will need to provide you with the charges that they apply and why they are being applied. Well, I would think they would anyway. They can't just say you owe us this in charges without telling you what the charges are for.

Quote by Nightmare4banks "Normally you would not be able to request a refund on PPI if you have had made a claim.However,if your claim is relatively small to the amount of PPI paid you may have a case."

Why do you say this nightmare? If you are settling a loan then the insurance is null and void because it is to protect that loan. You are therefore entitled to the premiums you would have paid if the loan had still been running - would you not? I appreciate that they might want the amount of the claim back and the premiums for the time the loan has been running but they can't take premiums for an insurance that is no longer valid. If the claim is higher than the cost of the premiums left to run then I would say you don;t have a case but I claimed £700 and the premiums over 10 years are £5000 (almost). I am fully intending to only pay the premiums for the time I had the loan and the cost of the claim. I think that is very fair and I would imagine that a court would agree with that. Am I wrong? If so, where has my reckoning let me down? Thanks a lot.

Hope this helps.

Annie

Hi Anne,

Thank you for your views concerning PPI's with Black Horse.

I have been promised a break down of the charges and also with an answer to why i didnt received a refund on my PPI payments when i cleared the loan off early and started a new one. Both of these answers should be with me in a form of a letter by them on Friday 10th Nov.

Will update all when or should i say if it arrives tomorrow.

Regards Mp

NATIONWIDE:

WON - 26/10/06

Acknowledged - 25/10/06

MCOL Issued - 24/10/06

MCOL Sent - 23/10/06

LBA sent 01/09/06

Prelim Sent - 07/08/06

BARCLAYS BANK:

AQ sent 25/1/07

MCOL - Issued 13/12/06

MCOL- Sent 12/12/06

S/Ment rec - 4/11/06

Prelim sent - 6/11/06

BARCLAYS LOAN:

BLACK HORSE:

SETTLED IN FULL

CAPITAL ONE

Prem sent 11/12/06

S/Ments Rec - 5/12/06

Hi Anne,

Thank you for your views concerning PPI's with Black Horse.

I have been promised a break down of the charges and also with an answer to why i didnt received a refund on my PPI payments when i cleared the loan off early and started a new one. Both of these answers should be with me in a form of a letter by them on Friday 10th Nov.

Will update all when or should i say if it arrives tomorrow.

Regards Mp

NATIONWIDE:

WON - 26/10/06

Acknowledged - 25/10/06

MCOL Issued - 24/10/06

MCOL Sent - 23/10/06

LBA sent 01/09/06

Prelim Sent - 07/08/06

BARCLAYS BANK:

AQ sent 25/1/07

MCOL - Issued 13/12/06

MCOL- Sent 12/12/06

S/Ment rec - 4/11/06

Prelim sent - 6/11/06

BARCLAYS LOAN:

BLACK HORSE:

SETTLED IN FULL

CAPITAL ONE

Prem sent 11/12/06

S/Ments Rec - 5/12/06

Hi all,

I did not received any info from BH so have used help from others in order to send this letter. Loan 1 is the only loan i did not make a claim on so i am just trying to receive full refund on this, forgetting about the PPI on 2 following loans as claims were made. Let me know your thoughts and advise any changes if nessary before i post on monday.

Thanks alot again to all those people who helped by letting me use bits of their letters, letter writing is not my stong point.

Re: Agreement Number +++++++++++

COMPLAINT & Request for return of PPI Insurance & Interest.

Dear Sir or Madam,

I took out the above loan for £1000.00 on 10/10/2000. When I took it out, I was signed up for Payment Protection Insurance.

When I took out the loan, I was told that I would not have been given the loan if I did not take PPI. I have since been told that this is not true, and that you are not allowed to make PPI a condition of taking out the loan unless you include the costs of PPI in your quoted loan interest rate, which you at Black Horse did not do. I therefore consider that I have been mis-sold this expensive insurance, which I did not need at that time and which I said that I did not really want, as I planned to keep my repayments to a minimum.

Since this loan was taken out to refinance a high Barclays overdraft that had risen mainly due to unlawful penalty bank charges (a separate complaint currently ongoing) I feel that in a time of being financially vulnerable I was pressured into taking the loan protection.

In addition to this PPI refund I require you to recalculate the settlements figures for each of my two future agreements with you and refund any additional money due as a result of the PPI being removed from the original settlement calculations.

The cost of the Policy was £181.48 plus £108.77 Interest making a total of

£290.25

I request a cheque refund of the policy fee plus any interest paid on the fee.

I feel it only fair that I inform you of some of the information I have found during my research that the CAB sought to launch the Super Complaint for the OFT to investigate the mis-selling of Payment Protection Insurance because so many claims are disqualified and the plans are deemed to utterly useless to the customer.

I would appreciate a reply to this letter within fourteen days. If you reject this complaint, I would be grateful if you could explain whether you provide an internal appeals process. If you do not, please supply me with a final response letter, so that I can take up the matter with the Financial Ombudsman Service, and if need be make a claim via the small claims court to recover the PPI insurance fee + Interest + costs.

Yours faithfully,

Mark Prince

NATIONWIDE:

WON - 26/10/06

Acknowledged - 25/10/06

MCOL Issued - 24/10/06

MCOL Sent - 23/10/06

LBA sent 01/09/06

Prelim Sent - 07/08/06

BARCLAYS BANK:

AQ sent 25/1/07

MCOL - Issued 13/12/06

MCOL- Sent 12/12/06

S/Ment rec - 4/11/06

Prelim sent - 6/11/06

BARCLAYS LOAN:

BLACK HORSE:

SETTLED IN FULL

CAPITAL ONE

Prem sent 11/12/06

S/Ments Rec - 5/12/06

Hi all,

I did not received any info from BH so have used help from others in order to send this letter. Loan 1 is the only loan i did not make a claim on so i am just trying to receive full refund on this, forgetting about the PPI on 2 following loans as claims were made. Let me know your thoughts and advise any changes if nessary before i post on monday.

Thanks alot again to all those people who helped by letting me use bits of their letters, letter writing is not my stong point.

Re: Agreement Number +++++++++++

COMPLAINT & Request for return of PPI Insurance & Interest.

Dear Sir or Madam,

I took out the above loan for £1000.00 on 10/10/2000. When I took it out, I was signed up for Payment Protection Insurance.

When I took out the loan, I was told that I would not have been given the loan if I did not take PPI. I have since been told that this is not true, and that you are not allowed to make PPI a condition of taking out the loan unless you include the costs of PPI in your quoted loan interest rate, which you at Black Horse did not do. I therefore consider that I have been mis-sold this expensive insurance, which I did not need at that time and which I said that I did not really want, as I planned to keep my repayments to a minimum.

Since this loan was taken out to refinance a high Barclays overdraft that had risen mainly due to unlawful penalty bank charges (a separate complaint currently ongoing) I feel that in a time of being financially vulnerable I was pressured into taking the loan protection.

In addition to this PPI refund I require you to recalculate the settlements figures for each of my two future agreements with you and refund any additional money due as a result of the PPI being removed from the original settlement calculations.

The cost of the Policy was £181.48 plus £108.77 Interest making a total of

£290.25

I request a cheque refund of the policy fee plus any interest paid on the fee.

I feel it only fair that I inform you of some of the information I have found during my research that the CAB sought to launch the Super Complaint for the OFT to investigate the mis-selling of Payment Protection Insurance because so many claims are disqualified and the plans are deemed to utterly useless to the customer.

I would appreciate a reply to this letter within fourteen days. If you reject this complaint, I would be grateful if you could explain whether you provide an internal appeals process. If you do not, please supply me with a final response letter, so that I can take up the matter with the Financial Ombudsman Service, and if need be make a claim via the small claims court to recover the PPI insurance fee + Interest + costs.

Yours faithfully,

Mark Prince

nice letter, I would add the standard letter name, "request for repayment blah blah" and the footer comments form a prelim letter informing them of the time limit you are working to and the next step etc.

have fun.

I am phoning them on Mondy again as I never got my leter and it was meant to contain an offer from the area manager (I am guessing the offer will be the grand total of Zip). When I phone I will be telling them to expect the N1 from the court later in the week.

If I have helped click my scales....

Find my threads by clicking here

Hi Debt.

Thanks for your input and i have made those changes. great point about the time limit section. Allows me to control things rather then them.

Good luck today with your offer, let me know who it goes.

Thanks again , mp

NATIONWIDE:

WON - 26/10/06

Acknowledged - 25/10/06

MCOL Issued - 24/10/06

MCOL Sent - 23/10/06

LBA sent 01/09/06

Prelim Sent - 07/08/06

BARCLAYS BANK:

AQ sent 25/1/07

MCOL - Issued 13/12/06

MCOL- Sent 12/12/06

S/Ment rec - 4/11/06

Prelim sent - 6/11/06

BARCLAYS LOAN:

BLACK HORSE:

SETTLED IN FULL

CAPITAL ONE

Prem sent 11/12/06

S/Ments Rec - 5/12/06

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Just a quick update. I had a phone call yesterday from my local Bh office informing me that there head office has passed my complaint to them regarding my PPI refund.

I was told because it was about 6 years ago there was nothing they could do and basically said that was the end of it. However i was told that as i good will gesture as they would hate to leave a bad taste in my mouth they could do something for me.

I have 2014.02 out standing on my loan. This includes £275 in charges which i have to pay at the end of agreement. If i was to pay a lump sum of 1668.09 on the 1st of Dec 2006 that would close my account. Reducing my outstanding balance by £345.93.

I am trying to reclaim the PPI from loan 1 which is 290.25, plus 96.00 charges from loan 2 and 275.00 from loan 3. A total of £661.25.

What would you do, carry on fighting or pay up on the 1st and never deal with these people again.

NATIONWIDE:

WON - 26/10/06

Acknowledged - 25/10/06

MCOL Issued - 24/10/06

MCOL Sent - 23/10/06

LBA sent 01/09/06

Prelim Sent - 07/08/06

BARCLAYS BANK:

AQ sent 25/1/07

MCOL - Issued 13/12/06

MCOL- Sent 12/12/06

S/Ment rec - 4/11/06

Prelim sent - 6/11/06

BARCLAYS LOAN:

BLACK HORSE:

SETTLED IN FULL

CAPITAL ONE

Prem sent 11/12/06

S/Ments Rec - 5/12/06

Hi again postie just pop this through my door,

Letter from Bh saying they tried to call me to discuss my letter was unable to reach me. (didnt try hard i work from home and havent been out)

Thanking me for bringing my concerns to their attention, (yes right)

They have liaised with the relvant department and fully investigated the issues i raised.

After looking at the agreement, it shows that the PPI was sold correctly.

I had signed for the PPI, which to them is legally binding and your signature against this confirms that i agreed to make payments on a monthly basis for that product. You will be unable to cancel the PPI as it has gone out of the cancellation period. ( How can i cancel something that was ended nearly 5 years ago when i topped up the loan)

I had 30 days to cancel and they never receieved a letter requesting the PPI be cancelled. (that is because i was told if i didnt have it i would have no loan)

This complaint has been passed to the Finance Center Manager, ( the guy who phoned me see above)

I hope this will resolve your complaint, if unhappy please tell us why and what you would like us to do to put it right. (Are you thick i wont my money back)

If we dont hear from you in 8 weeks well assume that my concerns have been resolved. (there will be a letter on its way in days when i have decided what to do )

Please help, what should be my next step??????????

LBA letter or take the above offer

Regards Mark

NATIONWIDE:

WON - 26/10/06

Acknowledged - 25/10/06

MCOL Issued - 24/10/06

MCOL Sent - 23/10/06

LBA sent 01/09/06

Prelim Sent - 07/08/06

BARCLAYS BANK:

AQ sent 25/1/07

MCOL - Issued 13/12/06

MCOL- Sent 12/12/06

S/Ment rec - 4/11/06

Prelim sent - 6/11/06

BARCLAYS LOAN:

BLACK HORSE:

SETTLED IN FULL

CAPITAL ONE

Prem sent 11/12/06

S/Ments Rec - 5/12/06

Mark

I got a similar letter to yours telling me to bog off. I sent an LBA with added text saying "how could I cancel when I was clearly told that no PPI then no loan in a verbal conversation. Also how did I know what the policy covered me for as you never sent me policy document. How was I meant to know I could cancel, never explained to me."

Waiting reply but then I will MCOL them.

as for the offer above. If you can afford it go for it but I don't think it is any less than you would get if you were terminating anyway. Once its paid off then ask for your charges back.

I have just sent a letter asking for my charges back and await there response.....lba is ready to post as they will say bogoff.

please advice me - we had a secured loan and a ppi attached to the loan - hard selling and all that) we tried to cance the ppi about 2 weeks after the laon was set and we were tolld we could not. we then got in financial problems and we approached them again this time they said yes we could cancel the ppi. (£108.61 per month). BUT what they done was this. cancelled the whole agreement and set up another agreement without the ppi BUT the new agreement was set over 10 yrs and the paym,ent is £400.25 per month (the payment for the loan only on the 1st agreement was £381.00) per month SO by cancelling the ppi IT has enabled blackhorse to gain out of us ! more yrs payments of £400.25 per month and all the interest and 109 payment of £18.47 (this being the difference between the 2 agreements) pluss interest . It totals up to nearly £11000.00 BLACKHORSE are better off by us cancelling our PPI. i have written to them and i am still writing to them I am now giving them 14 days (i have to qwrtie another letter the weekend) PLEASE TELL ME SHOULD THEY HAVE JUST CANCELLED THE PPI NA D LET US CARRY ON WITH OUR AGREEMENT AND PAYMENTS. KIND REGARDS KAZZ:-|

Hi Kazz,

I am not the best person to advise you as i get alot of help from others on this site. What i would say is set up your own thread and the right people will be soon to your rescue.

Good luck Mark

NATIONWIDE:

WON - 26/10/06

Acknowledged - 25/10/06

MCOL Issued - 24/10/06

MCOL Sent - 23/10/06

LBA sent 01/09/06

Prelim Sent - 07/08/06

BARCLAYS BANK:

AQ sent 25/1/07

MCOL - Issued 13/12/06

MCOL- Sent 12/12/06

S/Ment rec - 4/11/06

Prelim sent - 6/11/06

BARCLAYS LOAN:

BLACK HORSE:

SETTLED IN FULL

CAPITAL ONE

Prem sent 11/12/06

S/Ments Rec - 5/12/06

Hi all,

Update for all who care.

I am now dealing with my local BH manager and i have to say he has been really helpful. I was not in the position to pay the reduced outstanding balance, but he has promised that then i am in the position to do so he will REFUND ALL CHARGES on current loan and previous loans to with interest. As far as the PPI goes he said that he will work a reduction out on it when i am ready to clear outstanding balance. I have asked for this in writing and i see this as a result i am happy with, as it means no more letters, moneyclaim etc. Thanks for all who have helped.

Good luck with all your claims and dont give up,

Regards Mark

NATIONWIDE:

WON - 26/10/06

Acknowledged - 25/10/06

MCOL Issued - 24/10/06

MCOL Sent - 23/10/06

LBA sent 01/09/06

Prelim Sent - 07/08/06

BARCLAYS BANK:

AQ sent 25/1/07

MCOL - Issued 13/12/06

MCOL- Sent 12/12/06

S/Ment rec - 4/11/06

Prelim sent - 6/11/06

BARCLAYS LOAN:

BLACK HORSE:

SETTLED IN FULL

CAPITAL ONE

Prem sent 11/12/06

S/Ments Rec - 5/12/06

Well Done Mark,

Its good to see some results on this Rip Off PPI market..

Ian

Hi mark well done on your ppi result, its nice to hear some ppi results it restores faith in my claims anyway!

Halifax cc Won settled in full after moneyclaim.

MBNA WON SETTLED IN FULL....

IKEA Data Protection Act sent 12/7/06 prelim sent 11/08/2006 gone to moneyclaim Ikea said they,d pay up but have yet to see the money

Halifax current Won!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi all, Thanks for that, i must again say thank you for all the help given by loads of people, you know who you are. Also to be fair, the Branch manager in my local city was excellant and very helpful. I will of course never be dealing with him again once i have paid up and settled but credit where credit is due. As soon as i get my money from Barclays then this will be cleared and one less dd not to have to worry about.

Can someone change change my title to settled, please.

A Donation from each claim will be made as soon as money clears.

Thanks again so much, Best Wishes to all and happy christmas

NATIONWIDE:

WON - 26/10/06

Acknowledged - 25/10/06

MCOL Issued - 24/10/06

MCOL Sent - 23/10/06

LBA sent 01/09/06

Prelim Sent - 07/08/06

BARCLAYS BANK:

AQ sent 25/1/07

MCOL - Issued 13/12/06

MCOL- Sent 12/12/06

S/Ment rec - 4/11/06

Prelim sent - 6/11/06

BARCLAYS LOAN:

BLACK HORSE:

SETTLED IN FULL

CAPITAL ONE

Prem sent 11/12/06

S/Ments Rec - 5/12/06

Hi all, Thanks for that, i must again say thank you for all the help given by loads of people, you know who you are. Also to be fair, the Branch manager in my local city was excellant and very helpful. I will of course never be dealing with him again once i have paid up and settled but credit where credit is due. As soon as i get my money from Barclays then this will be cleared and one less dd not to have to worry about.

Can someone change change my title to settled, please.

A Donation from each claim will be made as soon as money clears.

Thanks again so much, Best Wishes to all and happy christmas

HiMark, I hope it all goes well, but be very careful what they offer you. From my experience with the local manager he says 1 thing but when I tried to tie him down and put it in writing it never materialised.

Remember that you hold a ll the cards and call ALL of the shots.

do not enter into anynegotiations. go in with a figure in mind and keep mentioning the legal arguement to show you will tke itfurther.

I got another letter from th regional manager today saying , so sorry your still not happy but bogg off. The fact that you have a wrongly and incomplete PPI section in the agreement means bog all to us......oh you think so. LBA alredy run out so next week a PPI claim N! is being posted, quickly followed by an N1 for the charges on my accounts.

How do they like that!!!

have fun but tread carefully.

Hi debt,

Thanks again for your input. I hear what you are saying, great advice again as always. I will phone BH tomorrow and get him to send a letter comfirming what he has promised. Would be worth having in case he leaves before i settle.

Cheers again.

NATIONWIDE:

WON - 26/10/06

Acknowledged - 25/10/06

MCOL Issued - 24/10/06

MCOL Sent - 23/10/06

LBA sent 01/09/06

Prelim Sent - 07/08/06

BARCLAYS BANK:

AQ sent 25/1/07